http://muse.mu/news,ultimate-backstage-experience_1495.htm?f=home

So, these winners get general admission tickets apparently? That's really fair to all the people who line up at unearthly hours of the day for a good spot and pay their ticket wadges. :stunned:

Omg and they get to meet the band! How dare the competition have a decent prize :mad:

:LOL: IKR?

Winterfox42, two free concert ticket holders per gig will not take up much space on the GA floor. And it's not like the prize comes with early entry or anything like that, so they still have to line up early like the rest of the crowd if they want a decent spot.

Edited by JessicaSarahS

:LOL: IKR?

Winterfox42, two free concert ticket holders per gig will not take up much space on the GA floor. And it's not like the prize comes with early entry or anything like that, so they still have to line up early like the rest of the crowd if they want a decent spot.

They probably wouldn't be able to queue as would be busy doing all the prize bits. That's the one downside of the prize!

• 3 weeks later...
Please do not queue jump.

That is seriously one of the most irritating things in the world. Muser meets usually happen the day of the gig and then you all queue together or after the gig. Queue jumping will instantly make you one of the most despised people and many times you will get pulled out if you are caught doing that. If it's just one person getting pulled in, that's frustrating and people will be grumble but move past it. But please do not bring 6 of your friends into the queue. It's extremely unfair and all of you will wind up getting moved to the back.

Quick question about that. I really don't want to be a dick and line jump BUT my friends are arriving at 7 AM to line up, I can't get there that early, and I really really don't want to end up being by myself. The doors open at six so do you think it would be bad if I got there at 4 and cut in?

Quick question about that. I really don't want to be a dick and line jump BUT my friends are arriving at 7 AM to line up, I can't get there that early, and I really really don't want to end up being by myself. The doors open at six so do you think it would be bad if I got there at 4 and cut in?

If you're just one and your friends advice the others in the queue that another guy/girl will join them later, you shouldn't have problems.

• 2 weeks later...

ya that shouldnt be too bad. i arrived at a show with a friend and people that we didnt know invited us on to the line cause they were all trying to stay warm so we joined them. no one said anything so we just stayed there. but if anyone ever speaks up, just apologize and move to the back to avoid hostilities :)

About line jumping or people meeting up w friends 5 minutes before doors open...

It happens and 9/10 times no one says anything bc it's awkward and no one really wants to start shit while waiting in line in fear of being kicked out for starting something.

It happened at one of the gigs I went to. All the people who were within the first 50 people had been waiting for 7+ hours, the 2 people ahead of me were there waiting for hours, and then 5 of his friends show up moments before doors open. Trust me it's annoying, and frustrating especially when you waited over 7 hours outside. No one said anything, but the couple in front of me weren't too pleased.

If you are going to be expecting some people moments before doors open at the very least let those around you know so you can seem less of a douche. I don't care at all if it's one,,,maybe two that show up but when it's more that pop up out of nowhere it's really annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

im glad i found this thread.. im seeing muse at the emirates in may and my tickets are pitch standing unreserved seats which means i can sit... IF i get a chair.. i went to see guns n roses in 92 at wembly and it was such a bad time. i got crushed lost my money and my programme.. oh..and my friend. i never went to a concert since.. when i heard muse were playing at the emirates which happens to be where i live.. i could not let that chance go. ive always wanted to see them live.. but im actually worried sick about how its going to go. im taking my daughter and its her first concert.. i thought her first experience should be a band that has a reputation for being amazing live. she wont forget it. but im wondering if i should get there exeptionally early to get a seat.. when i went to guns n roses i waited from 7.00am and did get to the front but i was standing. it was awful. all that pushing.. but the fans were mental. i suffer anxiety attacks aswell. this aint helping. lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I will attend to the Manchester gig, I am not from the UK so I don't know how is the procedure since it is my first concert abroad.

I saw Muse few years ago; that time, one friend let me enter with them, they waited all day and I arrived late in the afternoon. I don't see why it is a problem here, if you organise yourself and agree with your friends to queue few hours it should be fine, I mean, if you have the chance to do it is in order to make it easier not with the nasty intention of bothering others, it is just organisation between friends. People with no friends liking MUSE must wait in the queue for long time 'cos there's no other option but if you would be in other shoes, you will take the advantage, right? Why not? As long as you cooperate switching or bringing some supplies, that's a reasonable condition.

Anyway, first time Muse played in Mexico I was standing, I was not the first one in the queue, many dozens of people in front of me but as soon as I entered, I ran as never before in my life, jumping and dodging obstacles and people and got in the very front :D

According to your expertise in this type of concerts, do you think it will be possible to do the same in the Man City Stadium??? To run like crazy and find the closest spot to the stage.

I can't wait to hear you all singing as you british do ;)

Edited by angelfishsm

Hey guys! Long-time Muser, first time concertgoer here! I'm 17, female, and I've never been to a concert, Muse or otherwise, but my rockin' mom, and maybe my adult sister, and I are going to go to the September 4th Muse concert at the Arena at Gwinett in GA. We're SO EXCITED, but I'm nervous about pit vs assigned seating. The layout of the Arena, to me, seems pretty weird for a concert--it's like a football field with the stage at one end, GA/pit where the field would be, and then seating around the pit area. I'm worried about getting close enough to get a good seat if we do assigned, but I'm also worried about surviving the pit--I'm about 5'7" and pretty slim, plus being a first time concertgoer. Do you guys have any suggestions for which seating we should do? Thank you so much. ^^'

Hey guys! Long-time Muser, first time concertgoer here! I'm 17, female, and I've never been to a concert, Muse or otherwise, but my rockin' mom, and maybe my adult sister, and I are going to go to the September 4th Muse concert at the Arena at Gwinett in GA. We're SO EXCITED, but I'm nervous about pit vs assigned seating. The layout of the Arena, to me, seems pretty weird for a concert--it's like a football field with the stage at one end, GA/pit where the field would be, and then seating around the pit area. I'm worried about getting close enough to get a good seat if we do assigned, but I'm also worried about surviving the pit--I'm about 5'7" and pretty slim, plus being a first time concertgoer. Do you guys have any suggestions for which seating we should do? Thank you so much. ^^'

any muser would definitely reccomend the pit, but there are multiple experiences you can have in there. you can try to be at the barrier in the thick of things, in the middle where people stand and jump a little or hang toward the back where you can just stand and enjoy.

being 5'7 offers a nice advantage, youll be able to see over a good amount of people. if you plan to be in the pit (which would invole waiting on line during the day) i would definitely reccomend 1) being well hydrated and eating a meal high in carbs for energy 2) CLOSED SHOES 3) dont have any bags or anything to carry 4)be prepared to have people shoved into you

Muse crowds, even at their most intense and closest to the stage dont get THAT out of control. id say the heaviest moment ive experienced was being at the barrier in Chicago and during Hysteria a lot of people were leaning and jumping so it got a tad rocky. id say it was a 7/10 in terms of "how crazy it was".

if you take those precautions and skim the thread and read others i think youll be well prepared, and personally i think a pit experience for a muse concert would be an excellent first time :)

Does any one have any information on how to get great seats? I am bringing my 2 daughters to this one and would love for all of us to get a good view, of course.

I did the pre sale with the las vegas concert in march and took the first seats they gave me, and they were so-so. Is there a trick to getting good seats besides paying $320 to a scalper?

Is the presale the way to go or are their just as good as or better seats during the public sale? or is it the luck of the draw?:eek:

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Does any one have any information on how to get great seats? I am bringing my 2 daughters to this one and would love for all of us to get a good view, of course.

I did the pre sale with the las vegas concert in march and took the first seats they gave me, and they were so-so. Is there a trick to getting good seats besides paying $320 to a scalper?

Is the presale the way to go or are their just as good as or better seats during the public sale? or is it the luck of the draw?:eek:

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. TIA

the pre sales seem to give out only certain sections. i usually buy seated tickets in a way many would consider dicey but its always worked. i wait until 5 days or so before the concert and keep track of how much the seats cost on stubhub.com as people will get desperate to sell and drop their prices considerably, then you swoop in and get them

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I am going to my first Muse gig in Paris stadium - Stade De France. I have been waiting for this moment for years! :) Reading this thread I didn`t understand some words so I didn`t understand some moments.

-My ticket is - Lawn Standing. Is it the same as GA/Pit?

-How early should I come to see Muse as close as possible if the show starts at 19:00?

-Is it possible to catch Muse before or after the show and how?

-Am I allowed to bring a water bottle?

I would really appreciate if you answer any of those questions :D

Hello! I am going to my first Muse gig in Paris stadium - Stade De France. I have been waiting for this moment for years! :) Reading this thread I didn`t understand some words so I didn`t understand some moments.

-My ticket is - Lawn Standing. Is it the same as GA/Pit?

-How early should I come to see Muse as close as possible if the show starts at 19:00?

-Is it possible to catch Muse before or after the show and how?

-Am I allowed to bring a water bottle?

I would really appreciate if you answer any of those questions :D

yes, the ticket you have is the same as GA/pit. the time to see Muse very close depends a bit i guess. early in the morning would be good. and i don't really think you can meet Muse before or after the show outside, but sometimes it happens i've heard, but not a lot though, not sure about that one actually, never waited for them after a show. Waters bottles are mostly not allowed inside so far i've experienced. if it's not allowed you can throw it away before you go inside the stadium. hope this helped you a bit! ;)

yes, the ticket you have is the same as GA/pit. the time to see Muse very close depends a bit i guess. early in the morning would be good. and i don't really think you can meet Muse before or after the show outside, but sometimes it happens i've heard, but not a lot though, not sure about that one actually, never waited for them after a show. Waters bottles are mostly not allowed inside so far i've experienced. if it's not allowed you can throw it away before you go inside the stadium. hope this helped you a bit! ;)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Now I exactly know what to expect!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I take it being nearly 6 months pregnant with standing tickets isn't a good idea? Any safe place to stand or am I likely to get an "unreserved seat" really don't want to miss out.....

If you stand at the very far back then you should be fine. Most people will be pushing forward. Getting one of the unreserved seats is a good idea too, because then you can sit down as well if you get tired or whatever else.

So I'll be going to the Amsterdam Arena gig on the 4th of june and I have two questions:

1. I have school first so I won't be there very early (probs about 2:30 pm, and the doors open at 4 pm) but it's on a tuesday so I think more people will have school/work first, so can anyone guess how many people will be there when I arrive, roughly?

1. if there turn out to be quite a lot of people there already I'd still really like to get a spot at the barrier, so I was wondering how rude it is cosidered to make your way to the front of the queue? (just by looking for spaces in the crowd you can move through of course, no pushing and elbows involved)

1. if there turn out to be quite a lot of people there already I'd still really like to get a spot at the barrier, so I was wondering how rude it is cosidered to make your way to the front of the queue? (just by looking for spaces in the crowd you can move through of course, no pushing and elbows involved)

If by 'queue' you mean 'crowd', then to avoid pissing people off, you can just generally move forwards during Supremacy, people will be more than willing to oblige to shove you forwards.

If by 'queue' you mean 'crowd', then to avoid pissing people off, you can just generally move forwards during Supremacy, people will be more than willing to oblige to shove you forwards.

No I did mean the actual queue before the doors open, lol. But thanks, I'll try that!

Completely unacceptable to push your way to the front of the queue i'm afraid, people won't allow it.

So it's more acceptable to move to the front of the actual crowd than the queue before? I would have thought it was the other way around, for some reason... but ok, I wont do that then :LOL: