So it's more acceptable to move to the front of the actual crowd than the queue before? I would have thought it was the other way around, for some reason... but ok, I wont do that then :LOL:

Queue jumping makes you a massive asshole.

Don't be an asshole.

Queue jumping makes you a massive asshole.

Don't be an asshole.

But as already said, no one will care if he moves forward during the mosh pit as long as you don't stand in front of someone really small.

My friend and I left the crowd during IS to get a drink and we managed to get back to about the 5th row during Uprising, so you can get pretty close like that. But once the barrier is full, it's full unless someone gets sick, which happens a lot, generally smaller girls who can't take all the pushing.

Edit: Here's an interesting story, my friend was at a gig once, and he swears on his life this happened. During a certain song he looked over at the barrier and sees a girl screaming as the security guards try to pull her out and while the pit had grabbed her by her legs and was pulling her back in. :LOL:

Hi:) I've got a question.. Where is the best place to stand in the pit? I mean is it better to try to get barrier in front of the main stage or the b stage? I'm quite small and a bit concerned that i won't see that much in front of the main stage because of the height of it..

Or maybe someone could tell me some plus an minus for the places;)

Thank you very much for your help:D

(I'll go to the show in Bern)

So I'll be going to the Amsterdam Arena gig on the 4th of june and I have two questions:

1. I have school first so I won't be there very early (probs about 2:30 pm, and the doors open at 4 pm) but it's on a tuesday so I think more people will have school/work first, so can anyone guess how many people will be there when I arrive, roughly?

1. if there turn out to be quite a lot of people there already I'd still really like to get a spot at the barrier, so I was wondering how rude it is cosidered to make your way to the front of the queue? (just by looking for spaces in the crowd you can move through of course, no pushing and elbows involved)

1. Same as me in Milan in 2010. I can estimate roughly 1500 people were there

2. Q-jump is considered quite rude. Some may just look badly at you, some won't let you go and on the other hand won't have kind words for you.Take it as a "training" being some rows behind and gaining some extra rows during the moshpit (no pushing or elbows involved pls), without putting yourself in front a 1'60 m tall Muse fan.

Then aim to the barriers next time because you'll like it!

Good luck! ;)

Hi:) I've got a question.. Where is the best place to stand in the pit? I mean is it better to try to get barrier in front of the main stage or the b stage? I'm quite small and a bit concerned that i won't see that much in front of the main stage because of the height of it..

Or maybe someone could tell me some plus an minus for the places;)

Thank you very much for your help:D

(I'll go to the show in Bern)

you should actually see the main stage better if you're small because its higher, i'm 6'2 and i went for a spot near the front of main stage but couldn't see anything on the b-stage cause its so low (which is a lot of the gig), so i'd reccomend going for barrier/ close to barrier at very end of b-stage so you can still see main without having to turn.

you should actually see the main stage better if you're small because its higher, i'm 6'2 and i went for a spot near the front of main stage but couldn't see anything on the b-stage cause its so low (which is a lot of the gig), so i'd reccomend going for barrier/ close to barrier at very end of b-stage so you can still see main without having to turn.

Thank you very much! Then I'll try to get barrier at the b-stage:D

Do you know which songs they played on the b-stage? (And where Matt runs during UD?);)

Do you know which songs they played on the b-stage? (And where Matt runs during UD?);)

This is just going from memory (and it depends on your setlist of course!) but here's what I remember...

Full song on B-Stage:

-Whatever the first piano song is (in my case USoE & Sunburn)

-Resistance (if it's played)

-Liquid State

-Unintended (Well, it's really on the catwalk, not b stage)

-Blackout

-Guiding Light

-Undisclosed Desires (He doesn't get to the part of the b stage that's facing the main stage, unfortunately!)

-Starlight

Partial song on B-Stage

-Bliss (if played)

-Hysteria (if played)

-Follow Me

-Madness

-Plug in Baby

-Survival

Some of that could be wrong, but I tried to remember :LOL:

Edited by TrebleRose689

I'm off to Manchester next weekend. Never aimed for barrier before. Really really want barrier. Anyone got any advice??m:LOL:

If you want to actually be on barrier, not just near the front, get there early. 8am should be early enough, only a small number of people arrive earlier than that.

This is just going from memory (and it depends on your setlist of course!) but here's what I remember...

Full song on B-Stage:

-Whatever the first piano song is (in my case USoE & Sunburn)

-Resistance (if it's played)

-Liquid State

-Unintended (Well, it's really on the catwalk, not b stage)

-Blackout

-Guiding Light

-Undisclosed Desires (He doesn't get to the part of the b stage that's facing the main stage, unfortunately!)

-Starlight

Partial song on B-Stage

-Bliss (if played)

-Hysteria (if played)

-Follow Me

-Madness

-Plug in Baby

-Survival

Some of that could be wrong, but I tried to remember :LOL:

Thank you very much! These are quite a some songs:). I hope to get barrier now:D

1. Same as me in Milan in 2010. I can estimate roughly 1500 people were there

2. Q-jump is considered quite rude. Some may just look badly at you, some won't let you go and on the other hand won't have kind words for you.Take it as a "training" being some rows behind and gaining some extra rows during the moshpit (no pushing or elbows involved pls), without putting yourself in front a 1'60 m tall Muse fan.

Then aim to the barriers next time because you'll like it!

Good luck! ;)

I second that, jumping the queue at the gate is in fact downright rude... a couple of Italian lads did that to us at the O2 and it was an outrage.

Once you are in the stadium though, if you just happen to worm your way politely nearer to the barrier you'll probably get away with it, depends how much charm you have and who you choose to "push" past.

I think I shall get to Amsterdam Arena at lunchtime & hope it isn't too busy, I want to be near the front but I am not spending an entire day in a fab city like Amsterdam sat in a flaming queue, I dont care how awesome Muse are!

X

Edited by madcowjo

what should you wear in the moshpit? I'm going to House Guards Parade tomorrow and while I don't want to freeze to death I don't particularly want to overheat

May be chilly tomorrow evening but you won't freeze, there should be plenty of bodies around. I would wear a jacket or other outer layer that you don't mind losing!

I took an old black fleece (not trendy but quite snug) for queueing at the O2, I dropped it on the floor when it got a bit hot inside and then picked it up at the end of the gig (luckily it had escaped being wee'd on) took it home, washed it, good as new & its coming to Amsterdam with me.

Have a brilliant time anyway.

X

• 2 weeks later...
I was in the exact same spot as you and also got to 'touch' Matt and Dom, but Cello is quite small and needs to be on correct X I marked on my drawing to be able to see the main stage properly. He/she might not be able to reach Matt seeing the opening under the B-stage where he comes out is under the B-stage a bit right for him. Dom walks all the way along the thrust anyway so that won't be a problem (He did at Emirates atleast).

Hmm, so you think that the chance is higher to "touch" Matt on Chris' side than on Matt's?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to Helsinki, 27th July and I'm so stressed about getting barrier. I have never been at a gig standing, so now I want the best place possible. Last time I was seated at Muse and it sucked because of the people around me who didn't like me going mental in almost every song...

My problem is that I probably can't go queueing until 10am, because the train schedules are stupid and I'm sure my mum doesn't let me go alone in a train that leaves at 3am and arrives at 7am... So do you think 10am is enough for getting barrier? The doors open at 5pm according to my ticket.

Also are people really gonna run there when the doors open because I'm so slow runner and probably everyone just goes past me :LOL: Maybe I should just play Survival in my head.