I'm going to Helsinki, 27th July and I'm so stressed about getting barrier. I have never been at a gig standing, so now I want the best place possible. Last time I was seated at Muse and it sucked because of the people around me who didn't like me going mental in almost every song...

My problem is that I probably can't go queueing until 10am, because the train schedules are stupid and I'm sure my mum doesn't let me go alone in a train that leaves at 3am and arrives at 7am... So do you think 10am is enough for getting barrier? The doors open at 5pm according to my ticket.

Also are people really gonna run there when the doors open because I'm so slow runner and probably everyone just goes past me :LOL: Maybe I should just play Survival in my head.

There is huge chance you'll get barrier. 10 am is a good time. not that many people are there then(depends on country though, but normally there aren't a lot of people). also if there isn't many entrances it will be even more easy to get to the barrier (but even in Emirates with 21 entrances or so i got barrier and i'm not a very fast runner so :p) there is a LOT of barrier with this stage set up. Been to 4 shows this tour and all were not easy to get barrier: stairs, many entrances, giant field to run over, etc. but i got barrier at all the gigs. even when i almost couldn't run and i saw everyone running past me at the second night at Emirates. :LOL:

So be there at 10 am, just run, don't bring a lot of stuff and/or a big bag. and you will be fine. but you never 100 % sure, there can always go something wrong, but to me, that didn't happen with this tour. so i think you'll get the barrier. :)

I have no idea if you'd be able to get barrier, having never tried it myself, but I got to the Emirates at about 4PM and ended up pretty much on the catwalk barrier, so I imagine that you'd easily be able to get B-Stage barrier if not the main one.

That sounds good! I want to go in the middle of the catwalk or to the B-stage. I think I can see them better and closer there.

There is huge chance you'll get barrier. 10 am is a good time. not that many people are there then(depends on country though, but normally there aren't a lot of people). also if there isn't many entrances it will be even more easy to get to the barrier (but even in Emirates with 21 entrances or so i got barrier and i'm not a very fast runner so :p) there is a LOT of barrier with this stage set up. Been to 4 shows this tour and all were not easy to get barrier: stairs, many entrances, giant field to run over, etc. but i got barrier at all the gigs. even when i almost couldn't run and i saw everyone running past me at the second night at Emirates.

So be there at 10 am, just run, don't bring a lot of stuff and/or a big bag. and you will be fine. but you never 100 % sure, there can always go something wrong, but to me, that didn't happen with this tour. so i think you'll get the barrier.

I think here is only one entrace, or maybe two. I know that a few people are going to be there all night before the gig, but I hope not so many are so dedicated here... I know some people were queueing all night before the last Helsinki gig too and it was freezing cold then! I'm a bit worried about the weather too, if it's very hot I easily start feeling sick and I can't be at sun for a long time. But I hope everything goes just fine and this will be the best gig of my life! Here are also some competitions going on in which you can win VIP tickets and get to meet Muse, if I won one of those my life would be complete :stunned:

I'm going to Helsinki, 27th July and I'm so stressed about getting barrier. I have never been at a gig standing, so now I want the best place possible. Last time I was seated at Muse and it sucked because of the people around me who didn't like me going mental in almost every song...

My problem is that I probably can't go queueing until 10am, because the train schedules are stupid and I'm sure my mum doesn't let me go alone in a train that leaves at 3am and arrives at 7am... So do you think 10am is enough for getting barrier? The doors open at 5pm according to my ticket.

Also are people really gonna run there when the doors open because I'm so slow runner and probably everyone just goes past me :LOL: Maybe I should just play Survival in my head.

Like the others said, your chances are good of getting barrier. And as for running, the gigs I've been to, they generally have security saying "don't run, don't run!" But maybe it's different in other companies. I've done really fast walking and even had them say "No power walking!" :wtf:

I swear, next time I'm just gonna try skipping to the barrier. :LOL:

That sounds good! I want to go in the middle of the catwalk or to the B-stage. I think I can see them better and closer there.

I think here is only one entrace, or maybe two. I know that a few people are going to be there all night before the gig, but I hope not so many are so dedicated here... I know some people were queueing all night before the last Helsinki gig too and it was freezing cold then! I'm a bit worried about the weather too, if it's very hot I easily start feeling sick and I can't be at sun for a long time. But I hope everything goes just fine and this will be the best gig of my life! Here are also some competitions going on in which you can win VIP tickets and get to meet Muse, if I won one of those my life would be complete :stunned:

If you want barrier at the B-stage you could afford to come at around 4pm and you'd probably still get it, don't worry. At the gig I went to in Belgium I turned up 30 minutes before the doors opened (I actually was there when they were supposed to open, but they were late as usual) and I still got barrier at the B-stage. It was a really long run, and I'm an awfully slow runner, so if I can do it, I'm sure you can do it too! 10 am would probably get you front barrier, depending on the people around you. (I wouldn't advice front barrier though, you can't see the B-stage from there)

You'll be fine, have fun! :)

If you want barrier at the B-stage you could afford to come at around 4pm and you'd probably still get it, don't worry. At the gig I went to in Belgium I turned up 30 minutes before the doors opened (I actually was there when they were supposed to open, but they were late as usual) and I still got barrier at the B-stage. It was a really long run, and I'm an awfully slow runner, so if I can do it, I'm sure you can do it too! 10 am would probably get you front barrier, depending on the people around you. (I wouldn't advice front barrier though, you can't see the B-stage from there)

You'll be fine, have fun! :)

I think I'll just go queueing around 10am and try to talk all the people around me because I'm going alone. I don't know any Musers really, so it would be nice to get to know some :) I'm not sure if I go to the B-stage or catwalk but I don't want front barrier. It is probably a long run there and I really hate running but I'll try my best. I've watched some videos and the ones taken at B-stage look really cool!

Thank you all for your advice, I'm sure it will be great, maybe the best day of my life so far! Mew supporting, just wow and only 23 days left :happy:

• 4 weeks later...

Went to see Springsteen in the pit. Was so good. Then went and saw the Temper Trap. The amount of (sorry to stereotype but anyway) younger people who clearly don't know the rules about GA at a gig. Seriously. If we've been standing near the front of the stage all night, don't try and push your way through 10 minutes before showtime. I'll tell you to f*** off.

I fear Muse might be the same. A lot of young fans who haven't been in GA at a big gig before who don't know the rules. It's not that hard people.

PS: I'm 25. Not 75. Though it may sound like it.

I was wondering, I was at Soundwave this year, and the pit for Billy Talent was pretty intense (I was second row at the start), like most of the time I didn't have to use my legs and the crowd was constantly surging left and right so much that half the crowd was constantly standing diagonally, and it was so packed that it took me a solid song or two to make it further back from the front cause it was just too intense there :LOL:

Anyone have an idea of how Muse's pit will compare? I'm in Melbourne if that gives an idea as to the crowd.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm going to see Muse at Pinkpop, and was wondering how things are different at a festival than a normal gig. I'd like to be at the barrier. Should I just queue early, go to the main stage immediately and stay there for the rest of the day? I'll be out in the sun all day, so how do I get enough to drink? How early is early enough, when talking about queuing? I have some experience with arena and stadium gigs, but none with festivals. So I have no idea how these things are in that case. Also, I'm probably on my own, so I can't do anything like taking turns to get drinks.

I'm going to see Muse at Pinkpop, and was wondering how things are different at a festival than a normal gig. I'd like to be at the barrier. Should I just queue early, go to the main stage immediately and stay there for the rest of the day? I'll be out in the sun all day, so how do I get enough to drink? How early is early enough, when talking about queuing? I have some experience with arena and stadium gigs, but none with festivals. So I have no idea how these things are in that case. Also, I'm probably on my own, so I can't do anything like taking turns to get drinks.

At a festival, a lot of people usually leave the crowd between acts so you shouldn't have to queue there all day or arrive super early to get to the barrier. I've arrived at the main stage halfway through the lineup at festivals multiple times before and still managed to get to the barrier pretty easily (without pushing or being rude).

Can't really give particularly good advice for staying hydrated 'cause I'm really bad health-wise at festivals :chuckle: If you're at the barrier or at least close enough, security usually hand out water to people who need it fairly regularly. Other than that, you could take a bottle or two or maybe even one of those water sack things (not sure what they're called). I wouldn't advise taking a bag, unless it's maybe a light drawstring bag, 'cause it's uncomfortable for you and can be annoying for people around you.

That's all from my experience though. I've only been to Leeds festival a few times and I'm sure specific things can vary between countries/festivals but those are the fundamentals I guess.

It depends on how close to the center you want to get. If you don't mind outer edges of barrier, then you can probably get there early afternoon/evening and be fine-- you won't need to line up. If you want closer towards the center, you might want to get there a little before festival opening time to lock down your spot. Chat with your neighbors and get to know them. You should be able to switch off between the first few sets if you let them know so you can use the restroom, get food etc. Check the festival prohibited items list. Some let you bring sealed bottles of water and food. I usually bring a camelpak and fill it there. Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a protein bar, and energy drinks. Some people bring way less, but I like to be prepared and properly hydrated. :D

• 3 months later...

Crashin' the thread 'ere!

So, I'm hopefully going to see Muse with one of my good friends next year. It'll be my first proper gig.

I am excited, however the other half of me is like "What the Hell are you thinking?" as I'm not good with crowds, I'm incredibly paranoid and pretty much fear my safety. These fears only started proper (or should I say "pwopa"? I'll get my coat :p) when I finally get the opportunity to go to a gig.

But this is something I've wanted to do for a long time! Seeing Muse live is a fantastic opportunity! I know tips have been said on the thread and I've been pretty much browsing through this thread and there is alot of helpful advice I'm taking on board but I'm going to ask anyway. Any tips for a noob? :p

Oh, and we got standing tickets lol

Be there early. Keep your spot in the front. Enjoy. :D

I survived 2 almost barrier gigs even though I'm a quite angsty person. And it was SO worth it. :happy:

It seems that Muse fans are not as scary as others. Apart from a bit of jumping up and down, everything was very civil around me. After a few minutes, I forgot the people around me anyway.

No idea what this tour is going to be like, though, since it's so big and all.

So, I'm hopefully going to see Muse with one of my good friends next year. It'll be my first proper gig.

I am excited, however the other half of me is like "What the Hell are you thinking?" as I'm not good with crowds, I'm incredibly paranoid and pretty much fear my safety. These fears only started proper (or should I say "pwopa"? I'll get my coat :p) when I finally get the opportunity to go to a gig.

But this is something I've wanted to do for a long time! Seeing Muse live is a fantastic opportunity! I know tips have been said on the thread and I've been pretty much browsing through this thread and there is alot of helpful advice I'm taking on board but I'm going to ask anyway. Any tips for a noob? :p

If you are not good with crowds I would not suggest going anywhere near the front as I will be tightly packed and people will be invading your personal space. The back and side are normally a lot less packed with some space to dance and jump so I will suggest finding a spot there. Plus if you start feeling uncomfortable at any time just move and find a better spot.

just try calming yourself with the fact that the people around you are there for the same reason as you: to enjoy music. I love going to live shows because I like to think that for a short period, the whole crowd stops being a group of individuals, and rather becomes a mass of emotion dissolved in the music. if you can drift away like that, you'll feel great.

oh, and please don't say pwopa. just don't.

Hi all! My first post on the forums!

So, I've gotten standing tickets for the 9th in Manchester. First saw Muse when I was like 13 in V Festival 2004 and loved them ever since. Saw them again in the MEN in 2006 and then this year at Download! Until now I've never really been able to go to more of their concerts because of nobody wanting to come with me and having to travel far. But I'm now 25 AND CAN FINALLY GO WHEN I WANT TO! :LOL:

ANYWAY! Generally I've been to a lot of gigs in my time and know the precautions to be aware of when in the pit/standing/at the barrier, etc, and I always make every effort to get to the barrier since I'm only 4ft11. However, I've never had a standing ticket for a concert of this popularity and venue size. What I'm wondering is, what time do I have to start queuing for this sort of thing to try and make sure I get to the barrier? Considering the gig is on a Saturday I guess this is something I need to keep in mind as well! Although my friend is unable to get tickets, she's going to queue with me so I can go to toilet and get something to eat and not lose my place in the queue :)

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I think it'll be easier to gauge when we know the size of the barrier and where the good spots are, once we've actually seen the 360 stage in action. Bear in mind that some people will be queueing to hang out with friends as much as getting specific spots, so when people say 'I'm turning up at 7am!!' or whatever, don't panic!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

The tickets for Muse's Toronto show sold out so quick! I could've bought seats but we all know General admin floor is where it's at and I was all ready to buy GA tickets right as the sale started and there were now. Wtf...did they all sell out in Presale, which btw I also tried and no GA tickets. I'm so MAD:( I really wanna see them again and get GA seats and the GA seats online are being sold for $300 tickets. I'm really hoping they announce a second Toronto show, if not, I might try to buy two tickets for Montreal show. :( End rant