Soaked - which version do you prefer and why?

LifeOfSydonia

Who's version of Soaked do you prefer?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Who's version of Soaked do you prefer?

• Matt's!
    • Adam Lambert's!

We all know by now that the song 'Soaked' was recorded in 2006 at the end of the Black Holes and Revelations sessions but was finished too late to include on the album and that the band have sold the rights of the song to Adam Lambert to record a cover, which appears on his new album.

So my question is now: Who's version do you prefer, and why? Matthew's or Adams?

Personaly I definitely prefer Matthew's version.

Adam's version: Vocally, I thought it was a bit lazy. He has a huge range and uses maybe a third of it in the song. Production and instrumentals are as good as you would expect from a mainstream pop singer.

Muse's version: Doesn't really suit the band. Production is terrible. That said, the instrumentals are definitely better, and Matt sang this one better than Adam IMO.

Adam's version: Vocally, I thought it was a bit lazy. He has a huge range and uses maybe a third of it in the song. Production and instrumentals are as good as you would expect from a mainstream pop singer.

Muse's version: Doesn't really suit the band. Production is terrible. That said, the instrumentals are definitely better, and Matt sang this one better than Adam IMO.

Production's terrible because it's a demo. It hasn't exactly been produced at all...

I prefer Muse's version. Doesn't sound right done by a pop singer, the intrumentals don't fit imo.

• 7 months later...

Matt's is more intimate which suits the song and his version appears to contain more genuine emotion. Adam's is indeed too polished and over the top. There's also a bit of emotive vocal in Matt's interpretation that Adam doesn't even attempt, don't know how to describe it, but the bit without words.

I would imagine if the same poll was carried out on an Adam Lambert site the opposite result would be achieved though.

Actually just adding, listening to Adam Lambert's version actually annoys me! He destroys it. It's not a fucking show tune. He seems to me to miss the point of the song entirely and just uses it to show off his vocal. I wonder what Matt thinks of Adam's version.

Mind you, saying that, if Muse had recorded it officially, we don't know how close it would have been to the raw version.

Edited by CarrieB