Soaked - which version do you prefer and why?

LifeOfSydonia

Who's version of Soaked do you prefer?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Who's version of Soaked do you prefer?

• Matt's!
    • Adam Lambert's!

Would you say if they'd took more time on working on the song and recorded it properly, the song would've gotten better?

I mean the Muse version.

Nope, I really think it's a terrible song for a host of reasons; it sounds choppy/thrown together, even for a demo, the lyrics are painfully corny and it just sounds like a continuation of the path Muse have been veering towards in recent years (which is, frankly, not my cuppa).

They should just bin it, leave it on the shelf.

Better heard than not heard imo, at least it can be given a chance even if people don't like it. Muse make some very good music, so throwing out the occasional bad song isn't exactly the end of their career. But being perfectionists that they seem to be it's understandable how things like Soaked get left behind in the studio.

Matt and Dom commented on how USoE sounds like Soaked, so if Soaked was in any way a precursor to it then all the better.

Nope, I really think it's a terrible song for a host of reasons; it sounds choppy/thrown together, even for a demo, the lyrics are painfully corny and it just sounds like a continuation of the path Muse have been veering towards in recent years (which is, frankly, not my cuppa).

+1, thanks, couldn't have said it better.

They did. We only got this from, well, taking it off the Warner site.

or too gay...that might be it

Pathetic!

I'm not too keen on the music from Adam Lambert from what I've seen of it, I haven't really looked into it too much I must admit. I didn't like his performance of Starlight and though his voice is nice in Soaked his performance to me appears a bit fake, it doesn't match the intimacy of Matt's performance.

I get the impression that Adam uses his sexuality in the physical presentation of his performances but there's nothing wrong with that and it may just be who he is. So did Freddie Mercury incidentally. So do the Scissor Sisters. So do loads of straight performers. It may not be everyone's cup of tea though. Personally I like a lot of performers who happen to be gay, but I haven't warmed to Adam Lambert. Some of that maybe the overuse of his sexuality in performances when I don't find him attractive to look at, but I would say the same for a straight performer. Subtlety is so much better imo and sexier! :D

What is pathetic though is to make negative judgements of someone just because of their sexuality which seems to be the case here. It's rife unfortunately. :(

Edited by CarrieB

Guest Sarah-x

im not sure which version i prefer, probably adams cos it suits him more. hes actually got a good voice:)

and why does sexuality matter? you are talking about a band who can act pretty camp themselves :LOL: (dom :shifty: faff bag!)

Or indeed anywhere.

True!

im not sure which version i prefer, probably adams cos it suits him more. hes actually got a good voice:)

and why does sexuality matter? you are talking about a band who can act pretty camp themselves :LOL: (dom :shifty: faff bag!)

I hope Dom's faff bag isn't a sexual object anyway...

pretty sure there wasnt any real homophobic intent there...tongue in cheek.

anyway much prefer Muse's but I dont really like Adam Lambert whereas I rate Soaked quite highly.

Well then he was banned for awful sense of humor and for being an idiot :)

He was being homophobic regardless of the intent. He used the word queer and called something gay. That is always homophobic. That fact he showed such disregard when using such words is homophobic enough. Apply the analogous racial or antisemitic words and he would be banned us as quickly.

He was being homophobic regardless of the intent. He used the word queer and called something gay. That is always homophobic. That fact he showed such disregard when using such words is homophobic enough. Apply the analogous racial or antisemitic words and he would be banned us as quickly.

What if he was gay, isn't that like black people being allowed to call eachother "nigger"?

:p

I wasnt trying to disagree with the ban at all Niall, just trying to stem the rage.