Soaked - which version do you prefer and why?

LifeOfSydonia

Who's version of Soaked do you prefer?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Who's version of Soaked do you prefer?

• Matt's!
    • Adam Lambert's!

Neither, though if it were a life or death decision and I had to choose one....Muse's version. I really dislike Lambert, his music is terrible, and honestly I don't think he can sing that well...especially any Muse song around. There is so much I could say about him and American Idol and the crap that comes form it but I'ma save it.

I'm going to go against the majority by saying that Adam's version is MUCH better.

I didn't know anything about this Adam guy before I heard this song, but he does this kind of song so much better. It's got more energy, is easier to listen to and just seems to fit his voice.

I never liked Matt singing these kind of songs in the first place. Matt's voice was built for pwoper rock, not for this.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Muse's version is more emotive, while Lambert's rendition seems to be more about showing off his vocal chops. With a few exceptions, covers are generally not as good as the originals.

Soaked is like one of 3 songs were Lambert DOESN'T show off his voice.

Get out.

How is he not showing off his vocals in Soaked? It's like

"...when you've HAAAAAD ENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH

SEAR-CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENG FOR LOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOVE".

When I heard that I was like "yep, I'm done here. Fuck you, Adam".

What's awesome about that song? :unsure:

It's not alt-j

SEAR-CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENG FOR LOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOVE".

Because it's like mid-range, every day singing for him? Just because he's using dynamics that doesn't mean he's showing off.

Surely that's not mid-range for him?

It's like a G#4 going up to a Bb4. Which means it's a whole octave below his highest full note.

EDIT: I'd almost go as far as to say that it's his lowest highest note in any song. Like, there isn't any song of his that doesn't go higher.

EDIT2: And while we're at it I could mention that Matt goes higher in relation to his total range than Adam goes in relation to his. So if anyone's showing off it's Matt.

Edited by Tjet

Thank you.