At the very beginning of Bliss you can hear a "Ah" made by the keyboard- This is from the very end of New Born. :LOL:

And y'know how Matt goes "woo" around the beginning of IBTY? Well, at the end, during the clarinet solo, I think, you can slightly hear that being repeated :p

I don't think those count as Easter Eggs so much as just little mistakes :LOL:

The latter is definitely on purpose.

I think it is Chris who goes woo

It's Matt.

Around 2:40 in Guiding Light you can here some weird background noise it's always caught me offguard because it sounds like someone almost saying my name.

It's hard to here, can't tell if its part of the song or not.

My name is Brett.

EDIT: I obviously dont think its actually someone saying my name. just similiar sounding

I don't know if anyone has noticed this before but, During the intro & first verse of Uprising I can hear several high-pitched bleeps, bit they are very faint :stunned:

I thought I was the only one. I was gonna listen to it while trying to sleep, but then I heard the bleeps and got a little paranoid. But they did record the drum track of a song from The Resistance in a field of sheeps, maybe it was Uprising. I can't remember.

I thought I was the only one. I was gonna listen to it while trying to sleep, but then I heard the bleeps and got a little paranoid. But they did record the drum track of a song from The Resistance in a field of sheeps, maybe it was Uprising. I can't remember.

Guiding Light :)

• 4 months later...

i thought that was a cool looking cover.

now it's ruined for me. lame..

I remember the day I got my copy of Hullabaloo in the mail and I looked at the cover, (I had only ever seen it on my little tiny ipod screen before this), I noticed that the little figure design thing in the background is actually Matt, Chris, and Dom. :eek: It's not a design at all. Those are people.. needless to say, I felt really dumb.

Not exactly a song easter egg I know, but in the song booklet of Black Holes and Revelations there is a picture on one of the pages showing an array of documents. If you look closely you'll see that one of them very clearly says MK ULTRA at the top.

Yep the documents in the BH&R booklet are declassified documents from the CIA's ex-secret mind control project MK ULTRA. Interesting stuff to read about.

Project MK ULTRA

On Exogenesis part 3 during the piano intro there is the faintest sound of what I can only describe as a flame being dropped onto water. Its there few times mostly on the first note of each part but you have to listen really closely to hear it.

I hear it too. It's in USOE as well. From what I hear, it's dom faintly faintly faintly sweeping across the snare drum with a metal brush... If that makes any sense (I'm a drummer so it sounds clear enough to me... sorry if it's not :$)

Other people have called it a typewriter sound... but being a percussionist myself, the snare sweep is what I hear the most

I hear it too. It's in USOE as well. From what I hear, it's dom faintly faintly faintly sweeping across the snare drum with a metal brush... If that makes any sense (I'm a drummer so it sounds clear enough to me... sorry if it's not :$)

Other people have called it a typewriter sound... but being a percussionist myself, the snare sweep is what I hear the most

I pointed this about about 9 months ago in this thread :LOL: The snares will just be vibrating that's all :)

Archived