• 2 months later...
Hey everyone! I got dragged to this thread -this forum- because I was searching for, well, Muse easter eggs :p

I've been a proud Muser for the last 2 years (and a half) and I hope I'm welcome here! :)

As long as you post things in the right thread, you are welcome.

Hey hey, no need to be mean.

There are a few awesome stuff in those though.

I don't want to be mean, but sometimes Musers look to deep into songs and try too much to find something :p And yes, whole The Resistance have interesting separate tracks combinations, there are a lot of pretty details in it.

As long as you post things in the right thread, you are welcome.

Thank you :)

I never payed enough attention to notice any of these little secrets in Muse's songs. Mostly because they're in my least favorite ones, I guess :p Thanks to all of you! :happy:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am new to the muse forum so... sorry if i seem like a noob or whatever....haha :D

i was listening to invincible the other day on my speakers and i noticed some sounds in the beginning that i had never heard before. there's like... footsteps...and then more footsteps but it sounds different, as if now the person is walking on a different type of floor...(like from walking on wood to then carpet maybe?)... and then theres a little squeak noise...then...sounds like the flipping of pages of a book or something...then a tapping noise...and then the song starts

i wanna know what u guys think those noises are... i mean i dont think theyre just random noises... i feel like muse is too good for that. i think its supposed to be something.

listen to the song with headphones...listen to like a good quality version. like make sure you will be able to hear the noises as best as possible.

MY THEORY --> i am like extremely sure that it is supposed to be a conductor of an orchestra walking out. i think the noises are:

1. conductor walking out onto stage (im not sure how to explain the different flooring tho when the footsteps noises change slightly)

2. squeak = adjusting the music stand

3. ruffling of papers = turning to the page of the music

4. tap tap = tapping of the orchestra baton/wand thing (sorry idk what its called) to get the attention of the orchestra i guess? but the music has already started so...idk

5. the music has started now, but theres still some more faint noises in the background of the song as well as 1 or 2 squeaking noises...maybe the conductor is adjusting his music stand again? idk. it sounds different than the 1st squeak. so i need some help on this one for sure.

and it just seems like it could be an orchestra because the song starts with like one part of the instruments play, and then more play... like if you listen to the song carefully, you'll hear the instruments be added in this order: ORGAN, 2ND ORGAN, GUITAR, DRUMS, THEN THE BASS. just like an orchestra ya know how theres all the different sections of the orchestra? can't u just imagine the conductor like pointing to different sections of the orchestra to play one at a time?

i dunno, i just REALLY think this song is supposed to be like an orchestra thing in the beginning.

PLEASE RESPOND AND TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT WHAT ALL THESE NOISES ARE!!!!

the only thing that musewiki.org says about the song is: The track starts with the faint sounds of footsteps on a wooden floor towards some sort of tap which is opened with a screeching sound (just like the sound noticeable in Eternally Missed after the 'winding-up sound').

Here's the full link to the song on musewiki: http://www.musewiki.org/Invincible_(song)

also i found this on that same page: When recording the marching drums, the band set up microphone by a window and marched towards it drumming, to build up the impression of an approaching army.

...hmm...armies dont really go with orchestras.....asd;lkfjasd. i KNOW its an orchestra. but i think its sorta weird that thered be this whole orchestra idea and then like ...an approaching army...

oh gosh. someone help me

Not so much an easter egg, but something that always caught my ear.

In Uprising, when Dom hits the snare throughout the first couple measures in the song, a faint ring can be heard, I think it's in G# maybe. I hear it only when I wear my headphones, and once I notice it it annoys the crap out of me haha :LOL:

Archived