• 1 month later...
Not exactly a song easter egg I know, but in the song booklet of Black Holes and Revelations there is a picture on one of the pages showing an array of documents. If you look closely you'll see that one of them very clearly says MK ULTRA at the top.

haha! just saw that lol, thats brill

I swear that I've heard somewhere a version of Exo-Politics were we can hear, on the last guitar strum of the song, the antique items crushed. It is just in the end of the song. I swear! Don't know if I've heard it on the vinyl, japan or instrumental version of the song, I just know that I've heard that!

OH, so THAT'S where it is! It says in the back of the BH&R booklet thing something along the lines of "Antiques crushed on 'Exo-Politics' by Tom Kirk" :D And now I must go listen...

In the piano outro to United States of Eurasia you can clearly hear a scene in which children playing are attacked by bombs and planes. Or at least that's how it sounds to me :)

That's not an easter egg that's just the way they arrange Collateral Damage.

No because on a television or CD player I can't hear the background noise, only the piano but with powerful headphones it's nice and clear.

First, Collateral Damage has never been played on TV unless you stick your CD in your DVD player and I can hear it fine on my CD (at home and in my car), my iPod (inc iPod earphones) and my iTunes...

First, Collateral Damage has never been played on TV unless you stick your CD in your DVD player and I can hear it fine on my CD (at home and in my car), my iPod (inc iPod earphones) and my iTunes...

Well no, I was playing United States of Eurasia on my DVD player and I always struggle to hear the background? What I meant by posting it here was that I'm confused as to what the noise is supposed to represent.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but if you isolate... some part of Soldier's Poem (or just half-unplug the earphones like I do ;) ) You can clearly hear piano below the acousic guitar. It's quite nice. :D

Xylophone, Morgan plays it on HAARP.

No, it's definitely piano. I play percussion instruments, and I do know the xylophone. ( it's actually a bell set or glockenspiel if you want to get technical :) haha!! But yeah the layering in BHAR is quite interesting.

I apologise, you are certainly correct :) That was my percussionist self failing there too! Why did I call it a xylophone when I have played glock millions of times? Haha :LOL: Anyway, sorry for jumping on you like that, it is piano :)

I apologise, you are certainly correct :) That was my percussionist self failing there too! Why did I call it a xylophone when I have played glock millions of times? Haha :LOL: Anyway, sorry for jumping on you like that, it is piano :)

No, it's all good! You were just confused about the part I was talking about. I suppose I wasn't very clear either. :)

Fury played backwards the guitar sounds much better in my opinion. In fact it almost sounds normal. Matt's voice also flows very well this way. I can't make anything out of what he is saying though, but it sounds almost distinguishable at certain points. More on this? I've got some words and phrases out of it, but not much.

I don't know if this is an easter egg, but it's very intriguing.

Archived