Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

It's not for me I'm afraid. Too derivative. Will absolutely reserve judgement till I hear the rest of the album as it may not be representative. Have already got Night At The Opera so here's hoping it's a blip.

The more I listen, the more tolerable it becomes...

even with the awful Lawrence of Arabia music and Matt singing the words "United States of Eurasia". :facepalm:

I lose it everytime Matt sings "PWOMISE" though. :LOL:

The "awful" Lawrence of Arabia music? :stunned: That's the best part of the whole thing!

The more I listen, the more tolerable it becomes...

even with the awful Lawrence of Arabia music and Matt singing the words "United States of Eurasia". :facepalm:

I lose it everytime Matt sings "PWOMISE" though. :LOL:

:LOL: same!

The more I listen, the more I like it, but the Queen-esque parts do make me laugh

The "awful" Lawrence of Arabia music? :stunned: That's the best part of the whole thing!

I love part too :-) My only problem right now is with collateral. It's really beatiful, but can see myself skipping over it once in a while in the future. Not to listen to something else, but to push replay of the song :-)

Like the song or not, the depth and dynamics of the production sound a lot better than the last two studio albums.. Much more depth, better dynamics, way more respect for strings and piano, makes me looks forward to the album quite a bit more..

I like USoE better with every listen, I guess I stopped paying attention to the lyrics already :)

Collateral Damage fits quite well, though I do hope Chopin gets some clear credits..

:yesey:

I wished the strings has been that defined on B&H... I have finally managed to listen to the song at defeaning sound level and I believe it is how it should be play to really enjoy the full drama and OTT that it is...

+1

The strings and piano arrangement is :awesome:

HEY GUYZ

Quoted from the NME thread (Muse are front page in this weeks) :

I put this in the sanity thread, but here are three quotes relevant to people who take Muse too seriously:

Matt - "...every time the vocals kick in in 'United States of Eurasia' it just makes me fucking laugh every time."

Regarding the Queen bit, Dom - "We thought that was too good to take out, so we left it in."

Chris - "I think when people hear the album some of the lyrics are quite serious but bits of it are more tongue-in-cheek."

Now we know it's not entirely serious :yesey: dunno about you lot but that makes it better for me.

I feel I must make a partial retraction. I no longer hate the song. I still hate the lyrics, and I still think it's a terrible song to be chosen as the first look at the album. But, with the help of Collateral Damage, it is growing on me (so I guess it may have been a good idea to hear it in advance). I'll still be disappointed if the album's not capable of greater things though.

+1

I actually really like that bit, with the bass and piano it sounds so good, which infuritates me as the rest of the song seems like one giant piss take

Casual fans see Matt as THE talented guy of Muse, but I find that the bass is what drives a lot of the songs; Chris is quite underrated.

With most bands, the 'lead' person (singer) gets the most attention and recognition... it's just the way it is. Plus to casual fans, it's just; Dom the drummer, Chris the bassist and Matt the singer/songwriter/composer/guitarist/pianist etc. :LOL: that just makes people percieve him straight away as the talented one.

Archived