Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

You know what - it's just Such a Disappointment from such a Once In A Generation great band.

Hopefully Resistance will contextualize this piece of work - it must be Ott-ish for a reason.

Hang in there, Those who Are Disappointed.

St Matthew is a phenomenal musician. Maybe there'll be redemption in the form of a great album.

We live in hope.:stunned:

speaking of OTT...you sure like your fonts don't you?

For The Haters..

..Collateral damage is A Modified Chopin Cover + Brand New Strings + The Background Noise... (i don't remember Chopin added any strings or Nuclear Missile sounds to the original composition), so in theory is not a full cover..i bet A LOT (Cough*Queen, The Beatles, Etc,*Cough) of bands have done something similar...

Fuck it...it works with the song..it adds to the atmosphere and feeling..(and that what it counts ... in my opinion)

.. The Instrumental Interludes (the Middle Easter/Asian sounding parts of the song), yeah, it has been done before...mmm..but it works with the song ...it is called UNITED STATES OF EURASIA after all...

.. Yeah it does have a little bit of Queen in it..sooooo?? aren't artist allow to be inspire by other artist anymore??? Beethoven was inspired by Mozart and you can hear the inspiration in some of his compositions...

Inspiration is a crucial part of Music-Making ....

.. As for the Lyrics...well....AWESOME...

At the end of the day it all WORKS together..and that is what matters to me....

ESofE - amazing ..EPIC...BRILLIANT ...song....

79 percent of you loved the song...

Why aren't you posting???????

POST NOW!!!!!!

United States of Eurasia + Collateral Damage 5/5 love it!!! (i love all muse songs - except pink ego box-) .. i hope the whole damn album is this good....

79 percent of you loved the song...

Why aren't you posting???????

POST NOW!!!!!!

United States of Eurasia + Collateral Damage 5/5 love it!!! (i love all muse songs - except pink ego box-) .. i hope the whole damn album is this good....

Alright then. :D

Personally I love this song. Who cares if it was inspired by Queen? And so what if it's obvious? It's a great song. I was pretty much blown away at the "be only one" part. I wasn't ever expecting it to pick up the pace, but it was a nice surprise.

this song shows great potential for the rest of the album and now I can't wait to hear the whole thing! :)

Personally I love this song. Who cares if it was inspired by Queen? And so what if it's obvious? It's a great song. I was pretty much blown away at the "be only one" part. I wasn't ever expecting it to pick up the pace, but it was a nice surprise.

this song shows great potential for the rest of the album and now I can't wait to hear the whole thing! :)

this.

i luuw it.

HEY GUYZ

Quoted from the NME thread (Muse are front page in this weeks) :

Now we know it's not entirely serious :yesey: dunno about you lot but that makes it better for me.

I've never been able to take Muse seriously, that's their appeal. I couldn't possibly be into Coldplay, U2 or Linkin Park for that reason. The only bands I've been more than averagely interested in over time have been Nirvana, The Tiger Lillies, Rufus Wainwright and Muse, just because their musical mockery allowed them to invent and reinvent genres without getting stuck in arrogant, artsy or hitmaking mode. They've all made some shitty songs, but at least they haven't made them over and over and over again. I just can't imagine U2 having fun in the studio...

I've never been able to take Muse seriously, that's their appeal. I couldn't possibly be into Coldplay, U2 or Linkin Park for that reason. The only bands I've been more than averagely interested in over time have been Nirvana, The Tiger Lillies, Rufus Wainwright and Muse, just because their musical mockery allowed them to invent and reinvent genres without getting stuck in arrogant, artsy or hitmaking mode. They've all made some shitty songs, but at least they haven't made them over and over and over again. I just can't imagine U2 having fun in the studio...

I just don't see how you say Muse is a 'humorous band'? I mean there are only a handful of songs that have that "wink and nod" to the listener. For the most part they are very serious. I mean fucking Citizen Erased!!!

I just don't see how you say Muse is a 'humorous band'? I mean there are only a handful of songs that have that "wink and nod" to the listener. For the most part they are very serious. I mean fucking Citizen Erased!!!

I'm saying they're not taking themselves too seriously. That doesn't mean they're cracking jokes all the time. If in their minds they would be big important world-changing rock stars they would have to live up to their own expectations and they would not allow themselves to go beyond the borders of the acceptable. OOS doesn't have any comedy in it, but you can hear that they weren't frowning when they recorded it.

Guest Octazooka

The Eu...RASIAAAAAAAAA part is starting to grow on me :awesome:

And it's an :D song! XD

Maybe this song might need time to grow on you..

UEofE + Collateral Damage is becoming of my all time Favourites .. dramatic - epic - and emotional .. this song has it all...

Just wondered - looking at your date of joining - did you join because of this song?

Only 3.57% of people who have voted don't like this song, I guess that means this song is a hit!:D

I think it's a pile of rubbish, in all honesty. As someone said to me, Black Holes isn't there best work, has a couple of hits, the rest certainly misses. This album will yet agian have massive good reviews for everyone, NME and Zane Lowe will sing praises. The fans will to.

And it'll be a rubbish piece of work creativity. Anyone know the saying keep is simple stupid?

It's more like a shit ripoff of Queen, or a joke....

It's more like a shit ripoff of Queen, or a joke....

After a few listens I was beginning to think more and more that it was just a joke as well. Every time I hear it I just think to myself why did they have to sound like Queen, the lyrics are quite embarrasing too, all my friends and family have said the same. And I also don't know why Matt didn't write his own outro, it's a bit devious as the less knowledgeable listeners will think Collateral Damage is a piece written by Matt, and it's a bit of an anti-climax when they do find out it's not his own work.

*Equips flame-proof suit*

Archived