Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

Why did everyone flip out at rebecca? I am confuse :O

Also, why do people dislike this song? I've been a muse fan since I was introduced to Muse which was late 04, or early 05. I listen to them everyday, there music makes me feel good, and hearing Muse again after waiting so long for more music to come out after BHaR. It's refreshing. USoE is a great song in my honest opinion. This coming from a Muse fan whose favorite song is a toss up between Dead Star and Map of the Problematique. Also - I hate twighlight, so don't even think I'm a twilightfag.

For those who are already saying this album is going to suck. Just wait for it to come out, this is ONE song. We all have songs we dislike on albums, but we still listen, we still love, VIVA LA RESISTANCE.

____________muse_logo.jpg

Muse fan and editor extraodinaire, Liam (Mapoftheglorious), has put together an epic music video for 'United States of Eurasia'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLWf-w4Ygqw&feature=channel_page

Enjoy! :D

Also, Liam's channel has so far reached #27 in today's 'Most Viewed Directors' on YouTube! This is amazing publicity for Muse so if you haven't done so already, go and check out his amazing videos and boost the views so we can take over YouTube and Radio1 at the same time! :D

4 amazing studio albums.

And then this USoE song - which is PANTS

Chopin would be spinning in his grave.

Oh Matt - have you lost it baby?

You do know you're comparing albums to a song, right?:rolleyes:

I disliked it my first couple of listens, but now I really like it. I sort of like the sia sia sia sia part. CD really rounds out the track nicely-before I was left with a bad taste in my mouth.

SO far i'd give it a ****

I don't think its a bad thing that Chopins piece has been used. To me it makes sense and has been done intentionally to symbolize perhaps an ancient hero, playing quietly whilst war engulfs the world... also it could be a stage setter for the rest of the album. Correct me if I'm wrong but musewiki suggested that USoE was the first song on the album with classical influences... after the epic intro of uprising, resistance, and undisclosed desires this song sets up the latter more classical side of the album (just an idea).

I think a lot of people need to reserve judgment for when they hear USoE in context with the rest of The Resistance... In which case I think it could/would/does work perfectly as a transition/interlude type song.

I don't think its a bad thing that Chopins piece has been used. To me it makes sense and has been done intentionally to symbolize perhaps an ancient hero, playing quietly whilst war engulfs the world... also it could be a stage setter for the rest of the album. Correct me if I'm wrong but musewiki suggested that USoE was the first song on the album with classical influences... after the epic intro of uprising, resistance, and undisclosed desires this song sets up the latter more classical side of the album (just an idea).

I think a lot of people need to reserve judgment for when they hear USoE in context with the rest of The Resistance... In which case I think it could/would/does work perfectly as a transition/interlude type song.

I agree, it feels like a transition song between rock-->classical.

Like the song or not, the depth and dynamics of the production sound a lot better than the last two studio albums.. Much more depth, better dynamics, way more respect for strings and piano, makes me looks forward to the album quite a bit more..

I like USoE better with every listen, I guess I stopped paying attention to the lyrics already :)

Collateral Damage fits quite well, though I do hope Chopin gets some clear credits..

Like the song or not, the depth and dynamics of the production sound a lot better than the last two studio albums.. Much more depth, better dynamics, way more respect for strings and piano, makes me looks forward to the album quite a bit more..

I like USoE better with every listen, I guess I stopped paying attention to the lyrics already :)

Collateral Damage fits quite well, though I do hope Chopin gets some clear credits..

Your first point is probably the overriding 'good thing' about USoE - the production is clean, crisp and well-defined, each layer is identifiable and each individual instrument sounds stop-on, particularly the strings and bass.

As I've said before, I see this as a simple 'Muse-by-numbers' song, a solid place to start promoting the album.

Guest deceptive.cadence

I really didn't like the song at first; for whatever reason I wasn't really into the lyrics and the song was channeling way too much Queen for my tastes, but it gets better with each listen and now I've grown to like it quite a bit. [And naturally, I sing along. Loudly. So I guess I've gotten used to the lyrics as well] I've found the song to be rather addicting; I think I listened to that song alone for a good few hours.

Surprisingly, my favorite part of the song [other than the amazing piano solo] is the end where Bellamy totally goes Bohemian Rhapsody on our asses and starts yelling EURASIA-SIA-SIA...it's so powerful and dramatic; not just his voice, but the symphony as well.

I'm still a little iffy about Collateral Damage though. At first I was just completely taken aback; I was expecting something a little...heavier, I guess. But all of a sudden I hear Chopin. Now I'm used to it, but I'm really kind of impartial about it. I don't hate it, but I don't find myself raving over it either.

Still, I'm hoping this isn't as good as it gets.

BTW this song continues Matt's plundering of 19th century masters. On Hoodoo he virtually direct quotes Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 in the middle part.

Matt steals classical pieces all the time. He's bringing classical music to the masses (to the uneducated they think its his own work though :LOL:)

Archived