Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

I can't explain it but I've found that some Muse songs are so mad you just get used to it. When I read reviews saying how mad KoC is I don't even think about it anymore but looking back on it...it was pretty ridiculous when you first heard it.

I'm slowly beginning to not mind the Eurasia bit at all, even love it even though (or perhaps because) its hilarious.

LOL! :D

I remember reading comments about KoC before the album came out, and fans truly put the song on a shrine and of course I was hyped about it. When I finally heard the song I found it to be... Meh! :indiff:, but it all changed when I finally heard them play the song live, and then I fell in love with it.

wowees i love it :eek:

words do not describe :awesome:

epic.

ok so its not their best song, and hey we can all know who it really sounds like :p (go queen!)

but its just epic sounding anw WOAH

love it. the end, though its cheesy and you can reallllly hear the queen... its :awesome:

i dont care if people think that parts lame :)

Okay, it has actually grown on me a lot. At first the "United states" bit was a bit annoying to listen to, but now it seems to fit much better into the song.

I like the song, but i don't want the rest of the album to be like this. It's good, but it's at its best as a "one off" rather than the general direction of the band.

No worries in my mind though, seeing as three tracks on the album are parts of a symphony. ;)

xΩx

The song title is a little cheesy. Some parts of the song are cheesy. But the song itself is brilliant because of its irony.

I was having a "premiere" today with my mate and I suddenly recognized the "clapping" from the toilete. :D

And I honestly think people are overreacting with the Queen influence. Yes, it can be sensed in some places, but come on. It's not that big of a deal. There's plenty of Muse in the song. ^^

The first time I heard Eurasia I immediately thought of Bohemian Rhapsody like everyone else probably did with the first transition, however I also caught whiff of another song I love, that being Dream Theater's In the Name of God.

What I mean...

1:42 in Eurasia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKxN4JyGtoE

0:30 in In the Name of God: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SfwDA6lEho

This might not be a particular nod from Muse to DT, but those of you familiar with DT may know that they did a tribute to Muse in their song "Never Enough", which somewhat fused the Stockholm Syndrome guitar riff with the Hysteria bassline. The result, is unsurprisingly, fantastic, so check it out, too.

Anyway, to be honest, both songs I linked above remind me of a kinda "Egyptian" beat, reminiscent of the Egyptian Pyramid level in Sonic 3 & Knuckles lol, but I definitely get a similarity. Just me, or?

I definitely got the Middle-Eastern thing, too, but your comment about Dream Theater was kinda silly. They're a truly amazing band and one I would have thought most Muse songs would greatly appreciate due to some of the similarities the bands have. DT are total virtuosos in their musicianship and are infinitely talented. Seriously, don't bash them because you love Muse, check them out properly. Prog-rock at is finest.

But that's not the point of this thread.

I absolutely love the Queen influence behind the song and the fact that its constantly changing from a quiet ballad to an instrumental interlude and so on. There is some sort of uniqueness to it even though it has influences from other places/bands. I'm not sure about the ending though but I'm sure it'll grow on me :)

I definitely got the Middle-Eastern thing, too, but your comment about Dream Theater was kinda silly. They're a truly amazing band and one I would have thought most Muse songs would greatly appreciate due to some of the similarities the bands have. DT are total virtuosos in their musicianship and are infinitely talented. Seriously, don't bash them because you love Muse, check them out properly. Prog-rock at is finest.

But that's not the point of this thread.

im not bashing them because i like muse, im bashing him because i disliked the composure and harmony of that song.

its very creed/nickelback/tool sounding.

ugh

EDIT: I take back the nickelback part.

after listening to it, nothing can be as bad as nickelback.

but i hold my ground with everything else.

I don't see what all the fuss is aboot. The ending of USoE is one of the best endings to a Muse song ever. It's absolutely epic. Can't wait to see how collateral damage fits into it.

i freaking agree.

let it grow on you.

i think its epic

and interesting

i freaking agree.

let it grow on you.

i think its epic

and interesting

Yep. I love it :-) Can't wait to be screaming EuraSIA SIA SIA from the top of my lungs in the national stadium in October :D I'll be so high that the people around me will either get horribly embarressed or really really scared

I absolutely love the Queen influence behind the song and the fact that its constantly changing from a quiet ballad to an instrumental interlude and so on. There is some sort of uniqueness to it even though it has influences from other places/bands. I'm not sure about the ending though but I'm sure it'll grow on me :)

That is incredible :-) Can't believe you got in done in soo little time

The ending is good, just because it takes away any doubt and firmly confirms this is meant to be comedy... That way I don't feel bad for laughing through the whole thing..

I love the song, but I do still find myself chuckling at the end aswell, which they must ahve done in the studio themselves :-)

If you don't like the resistance, you don't like muse...

It's the first album they've done with no input from producers etc, and so for the first time it is 100% their own work, not just 70% or 80% or even 90%. For the first time, this is them, pure and raw doing exactly what they want to, how they want to.

If you don't like the resistance, you don't like muse...

It's the first album they've done with no input from producers etc, and so for the first time it is 100% their own work, not just 70% or 80% or even 90%. For the first time, this is them, pure and raw doing exactly what they want to, how they want to.

exactly and they sound fucking awesome like always

Archived