Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

I like USoE quite a lot.

That said...

City of Delusion

When I don't trust

All your theories turn to dust

United States of Eurasia

And we know that there is no one we can trust

Our ancient heroes, they are turning to dust

:D

yeah i was pretty disappointed at first. but after many listens and the addition of collateral damage...i love the song. "SHAAAHHH!" haha

I've also thought about listening to only 40 seconds of the album each day (like the treasure hunt)...anyone else thinking about this?

yeah i was pretty disappointed at first. but after many listens and the addition of collateral damage...i love the song. "SHAAAHHH!" haha

I've also thought about listening to only 40 seconds of the album each day (like the treasure hunt)...anyone else thinking about this?

it would take too much time and i wanna know all they lyrics before 22. oct. :D

I find it amusing how people are moaning how people are moaning after one record.

The same happened with SMBH and BH&R turned out bearable did it not?

This.

I actually love BH&R personally and don't kneecap me but there's parts of Starlight and Invincible that I also really like alot.

OoS, Showbiz and BH&R are my favourite albums and Absolution despite some excellent tracks, just doesn't get as much airplay on my speakers I'm afraid.

EDIT: Oh, and I love it. CD took on new meaning for me today. I was working in my study, USoE was playing in the background. My young daughters were playing outside, beautiful day, playing chase with the puppy. The kids playing and laughing on CD were like a soundtrack to what was going on in our yard.... then the airforce and missile SFX kicked in and the panic, the terror, the sadness of such an event combined with Chopin just gave me chills....

Wow, I hadn't actually thought of it like that... that is pretty powerful.

Like most people, didn't know what to make of it when i first heard it, but listening to it on my mp3 player I can hear lots of little parts to the song and now i just love it. I don't even feel it sounds like Queen anymore, its just muse using a new effect and enjoying it.

Can't help but think this song will be perfect live, a quite piano outtro leading straight in Space Dementia or Ruled by Secrecy

^Yeah, it will be epic. I'm sure that many people who don't like it now will appreciate it when they listen to it live. I wish I was lucky enough to see them live.. :(

It really does get better with every listen. Also, listening to it full blast with headphones is :awesome:

:yesey:

I don't understand the Chopin piece at the end. Why is it there?

There are probably a few reasons. :)

Here are two:

1) It's a contrast to the epic proportions and theatricality of the first act; analogously displaying the songs dynamic range within a 'pop song' format.

2) It's meant to be the underlining element of what the song is really about: that is, the paranoia and lack of control that "You and me" are vulnerable to.

Only 3.57% of people who have voted don't like this song, I guess that means this song is a hit!:D

Not really; this is a Muse fan site. It came on the radio with me and four friends (who do like Muse, at least at points of their career) in the car yesterday and none of us are/were impressed. And btw, don't try and justify it as going to work live cos that's silly; if it's only going to work live, it should only be performed live.

Not really; this is a Muse fan site. It came on the radio with me and four friends (who do like Muse, at least at points of their career) in the car yesterday and none of us are/were impressed. And btw, don't try and justify it as going to work live cos that's silly; if it's only going to work live, it should only be performed live.

Well, in the majority's opinion, Invincible only works live and not on the album...

Most people I know who have listened to it liked it, Muse fans or not. Though they did take the piss a little about the Queen bit :p

Is there any guitar in this song besides the parts with the Queen vocals? I keep reading reviews talking about the "middle-eastern guitar riff" in the song and I feel like I'm missing something. As far as I can tell, the middle-eastern part is just bass, drums, strings, and piano.

Archived