How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

"Oh, they did that song in Twilight, hah? Yeah I don't really listen to that kind of music" (like they'd know from one song), or the ubiquitous "Who?" with a blank look.

its pathetic how many people have yet to be enlightened ;)

did that sound snobbish?

ah well, i guess i'm just a pwoud US :musesign: snob

that's the worst

I've actually gotten some good replies, surprisingly enough. The first person who I ever told about Muse said this;

"Oh my God! You've heard of Muse? "

We're best friends now :awesome:

Though I usually get mixed results...

"Muse? Ya, I've heard of them."

"You like Muse? They're a good band."

"Who are they?"

And, the kicker....

"Muse? I love Muse! They have a song called Spotlight...."

:facepalm:

After totally convincing her there was not a song called 'Spotlight' and letting her find it on my iPod, she came to the conclusion that it was Supermassive Black Hole.

The hell?

• 2 months later...

these are a few....

1. me "you guys should cover Muse!"

kid: "The Muse suck!!" a little later..."plus we cant do all the effects they do in their song"...then ever LATER "yeah theyre new stuff is OK, but i like theyre "old" stuff better"

---my little bros 15 yr old friend....i still havent figured out what he thinks the "old" songs are, or if he was just lying or what:$

2. Girl: "whos that on your screensaver?"

Me: "oh this band Muse, im kinda obsessed" (all nonchalant and such)

Girl: "Oh My GOD I am SO obsessed with them!!!!"

-find out she is obsessed with BHAR, didnt buy Resistance (cuz of the "shit-weird crap" at the end, Exo) and thought that Absolution was their FIRST cd :facepalm:

3. Otherwise

- "um who? never heard of them"

-"Muse? what do they sing?" *somebody chimes in SMBH!* "oh theyre shit" (they dont want to be seen approving of anything from twilight)

- "you like Muse too?? i thought you were all into that Disney shit like your friends" :facepalm: (this person only know BHAR and TR)

1#- "Moose? I don't know them", then I put supermassive black hole playing on my Ipod, "Oh, that song is great, I love it, you know, that song plays on the baseball scene of twilight.". :mad:

2#- "Muse? Is crap!", then I put starlight on my Ipod and they sing along. :mad:

3#- "Muse? Do you like them too? I think you're my best friend now" :eek::awesome::dance::musesign:

Well, the answer I get the most is the 3rd, so I'm pretty glad of my friends. They listen to good music. :D

I've found 2 people who like Muse out of my whole year (yes, I asked basically everyone in my year)

Their response:

Guy: So, who's your favourite band?

Me: Muse. You heard of them?

Guy: Of course! *plays Assassin on phone, then Bliss*

Me: You're now my best friend.

Other Muser:

Girl: I see you like Muse.

Me: Like? I LOVE Muse.

Girl: Same here! When they next come to England we will have to see them together.

And now we are going to Wembley to see them. :awesome:

Otherwise most people are just like:

"Who...?"

"Moose? the Twilight band?"

I use my Muse messenger bag for school and kids usually teachers come up to me and say:

"moose eh...... Who's moose? Oh wait I know they sang Supermassive Blackhole from Twilight!"

but one teacher said:

"muse (she actually called them muse not moose!) yeah they're an awesome band! Where did you get your get your bag? I want one! Did you see that muse special on Kerrang! last night? It was really cool."

About 9 times out of 10, the conversation will go something like this:

Person: "Hey, what are you listening to?"

Me: "Muse. They're my favorite band!" :happy:

Person: "Who?"

Me: ... *sigh* "I'm sure you've heard of them... they had a song in the Twilight movie." :facepalm:

Person: "Oh yeah! Supermassive Black something... right?"

Me: :noey::facepalm::rolleyes:

Archived