How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

I told this one guy i was a fan of muse......next moment i have a potato sack over my head with my hands tied behind my back and shoved into a boot of a car, i was then taken to a woods before being beaten badly and had to dig my own grave.

The guy who kidnapped me was kinda goofy looking, had a droopy/lazy eye. Looked like this guy:

ed_imgTHOM-YORKE_337987a.jpg

Usual response in the States, or from someone who lives in the States: "Who?" :stunned:

Response from 2 Italian girls and another European guy I met at the JFK airport:

- "Cool! We just saw them in concert a couple of weeks ago!" - We became best friends immediately :kiss:

- "Of course I know Muse, I play guitar and Matt Bellamy is my hero!" I seriously considered marring this guy...

I tend just to ask people what music they like if they like the same genre as me i'll ask them what theyre favourite music is if muse comes up in topic we'll talk about them :p

Plus my friends know not to diss to Muse otherwise i'll just jump down their throats :LOL:

Plus one of my friends thinks Avril Lavignes way better than muse :eek:

The conversation went something like this

My friend:Avril can sing better than Muse

Me: :wtf: dude listen to Muse theyre more popular than Avril will ever be

My friend: No theyre not the lead singer is just weird

Me: :mad:

My friend: Ok i'll shut up now

Me: XD

Plus i told him if doesnt stop dissing them i'll rip his tongue out and drag him to wembley i can be so evil at times XD

Response from 2 Italian girls and another European guy I met at the JFK airport:

- "Cool! We just saw them in concert a couple of weeks ago!" - We became best friends immediately :kiss:

:D:D

The typical face is o_O, or "yeahh, undiscolsed desires rules" or "Umm, (a name of someone like Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, 50 cent) is better" Ok, so you go away with a diplomatic reponse "Oh, Everyone has their own opinion" but you are thinking "Hey, you stupid, don't understand nothing of music" :p

1) I love them! They're from Twilight, right?:mad: :mad: :mad:

2) They're ok! (Btw I converted the girl, who said that, successfully into a Muse fan)

3) Oh, I know them! The singer looks soooooooooooooo weird!!!!

4) Finally! Someone who has some good taste in music! But I prefer Radiohead. :stunned:

1.I've never heard of them.

2.Wut?Who?:wtf:

3.Supermassive Black Hole?

4.They are shit.

5.My sis friend once told me,"nahhh,you'll stop listening them after a year as was I young and was listening to Scooter."

Omg,that was so :facepalm:

:mad:

:D:D

The typical face is o_O, or "yeahh, undiscolsed desires rules" or "Umm, (a name of someone like Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, 50 cent) is better" Ok, so you go away with a diplomatic reponse "Oh, Everyone has their own opinion" but you are thinking "Hey, you stupid, don't understand nothing of music" :p

Gaga is fantastic. :phu:

1.-"mmmmmmm you said muse?"

2.-"mouse? no, maybe they're shit"

3.-"THEY ARE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!"

4.-"i only like knights of cydonia" (all the boys in mi class said that)

5.-"of course i've heard of them! i think they're gays"

6.-"I LOVE MUSE!!!!! MY FAV BAND!!!! I WANT TO DO SEX WITH MATT!!!!!!" (this is the best i've ever heard before)

this is a conversation with one of my best friends (don't ask why she's one of my best friends) her name is abigail:

me: hey! you've heard muse before?

abigail: no, wtf is that shit?

me: it's muse! it's my fav band bitch!

abigail: let me listen to one fucking song of them

(we listened to supermassive black hole)

me: so.......do you like them?

abigail: of course! i love supermassive black hole!

(we listened to other muse songs)

abigail: MUSE IS JUST FUCKING SHIT!

me: but i though you loved supermassive black hole!

abigail: well yes, but i only like supermassive black hole. MUSE IS SHIT!!

me: bitch

that was annoying :mad:

even though I thought people had evolved a brain cell, I still get the radiohead comparisons :( , the "do you like radiohead, then?" "you know, you'd like radiohead. they're very similar" or worst "they just copied radiohead" (when asked to give any examples, of course, these people are stumped) :facepalm:

even though I thought people had evolved a brain cell, I still get the radiohead comparisons :( , the "do you like radiohead, then?" "you know, you'd like radiohead. they're very similar" or worst "they just copied radiohead" (when asked to give any examples, of course, these people are stumped) :facepalm:

same here, that's pretty much all i hear- or if asked for an example, they'll cite the "muse" cover of creep (erm, ya people that is a radiohead rip off, but it's not even muse...) either that or "Oh, they did that song in Twilight, hah? Yeah I don't really listen to that kind of music" (like they'd know from one song), or the ubiquitous "Who?" with a blank look.

its pathetic how many people have yet to be enlightened ;)

did that sound snobbish?

ah well, i guess i'm just a pwoud US :musesign: snob

Archived