How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

Guest Sarah-x
:(

At least on here you get this.....

:musesign::yesey::dance:

that is true :D

i have 3mates who are massive fans of muse with me, everyone else says there not great, overhyped and just not that good. but ah well everyone has there oppinions.

Guest Sarah-x
"Muse is my favorite band."

:wtf:

haha i've seen that face, apparantly friends can say they love lady gaga or jls or whatever but if i say i love muse they look like that an call me obssesed.

so basically you can like people who are always in the charts but if you like a band like muse you have to be werid and obsessed.

At least you know people who like them, most people I know haven't even heard of them but then most of my friends just like pop music :vomit:

i quite like pop music, at times its good :)

At least you know people who like them, most people I know haven't even heard of them but then most of my friends just like pop music :vomit:

I sympathise. Most of my friends either have no interest in music whatsoever, or they are into the likes of Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift :vomit:

My most recent one was my piano teacher: "Oh, I heard their drummer is Russian" :D

:chuckle:

Most people I have told have never heard of them, so I say that they have songs like Uprising, Resistance and UD on the radio. Most people know those songs, so I don't have to tell people they are on twilight soundtracks.

My most recent one was my piano teacher: "Oh, I heard their drummer is Russian" :D

:chuckle:

I've gotten "They suck", "Who's that?", "Oh, they were in Twilight right?", "Seriously? You listen to that crap?", and "They rape small children!" I once got a "I'm jealous!" when I told someone that I saw them live. OH! and I once got "All British bands suck. They all have whiny music with their skinny jeans and emo hair."

Guest hysteriaaah

Usually its just an "Ahk kewl." :chuckle:

I usually keep it chill, and i just go along with everyone elses music coz' i know all the mainstream music anyway. *shrugs* Its fun i guess, some of the musicians my friends like are usher, 30stm, paramore etc. My friend's trynna take me to the jack johnson concert. :unsure:

Its a totally different story when i get home though. :chuckle:

Well the responses I have...

1. Never heard of them. Why would you pay money to see a band that nobody has heard of?

2. (while in car with uprising playing) "Is this your CD playing? this song is really good" I say Muse. They say "No way, Muse are a terrible band"

Most of the time I get " hmmmm what ?! Never heard of them" or " Oh, yes, they did a song for Twilight, right? " - it makes me wanna :'( and then:fear: and then I do my best to show those ignorant people how COOL Muse is and I must say I've succeeded a few times ,which makes me wanna :dance::musesign:

Ask any adult and unless they are awesome, they will reply "Who?"

Ask any teenage girl and they'll go, "Oh, Supermassive Black Hole, right?"

Ask cooler people, particularly male, and they will reply, "Oh cool, they rock out. I didn't know you liked the heavy rock stuff" FAIL! only parts are heavy, duh.

Occasionally, you might get the response "Slipknot, mushrooms?!?! or PMTer???"

Actually, we can say that I get nothing in response :LOL:. People ask what music do I listen to and I say 'Well, rock, you know.. my favourite band is Muse, by the way. They're awesome, I love them so much'. Then I always expect them to ask me more, like, why do I love this band, where are they from, do I have any songs on my iPod so they could listen to their music a bit :awesome:... But they always just say 'Oh, kay, cool' - changes topic.

Pff :indiff:

Archived