Just noticed you bend strings downward rather than away from the edge of the fretboard. Any particular reason or is it just a habit you picked up?

I bend the E, A, and D strings downwards, and the high E string upwards...The G and B strings I seem to do both, depending on my hand position, the notes that follow it, the feel of the song, and so on...I'm not entirely sure if there's any particular reason behind it...It just seems to be whatever's more comfortable for that particular note...

Olly, is the back as rough as it looks...It looks quite volcanic actually...Very cool, but I wonder is it a rough feel to it, or is it just the appearance...I prefer the M1D1 on the front though...Just my personal preference, sorry...I hope you're happy with it though, which is of course the main thing...

Olly, is the back as rough as it looks...It looks quite volcanic actually...Very cool, but I wonder is it a rough feel to it, or is it just the appearance...I prefer the M1D1 on the front though...Just my personal preference, sorry...I hope you're happy with it though, which is of course the main thing...

I haven't actually picked it up yet, waiting for a bit so can't answer that! I'm very happy with it :)

Another shot:

72035_10151026139735653_1300616969_n.jpg

Would that work well with the sustainer? I know fernandes said single coils aren't powerful enough or something like that

Sustainiac can work with either I believe, as long as it's set up properly...No idea about Fernandes though...Though I'd assume he meant replacing the sustainer with an MBK1?

Matts new black one has a tune o matic, like the delorean etc have, the MB1s come with the hardtail like his XY guitars.

They just feel a little different to play that's all. I prefer how a hardtail feels personally, and it means you can have the neck set basically flat rather than having it angled a few degrees which you do with a ToM.

Archived