Looks like the shape of the headstock? It looks like it doesn't get wide enough to fit into that hanger until about halfway down the head. Most guitar headstocks kindof fan out sharply near the nut, the Manson head only does this on one side and the bottom curves very smoothly. I would get a guitar rack that sits on the ground or keep it in its case :)

Looks like the shape of the headstock? It looks like it doesn't get wide enough to fit into that hanger until about halfway down the head. Most guitar headstocks kindof fan out sharply near the nut, the Manson head only does this on one side and the bottom curves very smoothly. I would get a guitar rack that sits on the ground or keep it in its case :)

It actually has very thick and dense foam arms that swivel to adjust to the neck shape. I also have a Fender Jaguar that has a thin head shape, and the Hercules adjusts fairly well.

It may not look sturdy, but the grip by the arms is very secure. I am not worried about the security/stability of the mount...I am more concerned with the integrity of the neck and other structures.

Basically, is it ok to hang an MB-1 from the head?

It actually has very thick and dense foam arms that swivel to adjust to the neck shape. I also have a Fender Jaguar that has a thin head shape, and the Hercules adjusts fairly well.

It may not look sturdy, but the grip by the arms is very secure. I am not worried about the security/stability of the mount...I am more concerned with the integrity of the neck and other structures.

Been doing it for months, if Manson hang their guitars I don't see why you can't

Those Hercules hangers are awesome :D I've got two for my Jaguar and the Epiphone Dot.

Never had any problems at all with them, just make sure the wall your using the hangers on are strong and supportive.

This

I'm too worried to hang mine on the wall. can't risk such an expensive guitar falling to the floor like that :ninja:

I emailed Adrian, and here is his response...so hanging is ok:

Hi Rick,

Good to hear from you and thanks for the comments! The Hercules should be fine, it's a good product. I personally use a String Swing which does the same thing. Weight wise it's no problem at all, just make sure the hangar does not mark the maple neck where it sits. I know the String Swing doesn't do this and believe the Hercules is similarly lacquer friendly. Just steer away from any cheap hangars basically.

Happy Holidays to you.

Regards

Adrian

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting a buzz/humming noise when I have the neck (Fernandes FSK 101 Neck Pickup) pickup selected (with the sustain turned OFF).

I noticed that when I touch the midi pad or the Hold button, the pitch of the noise changes each time. When I am lucky, touching the pad will eventually mute the noise.

It's very weird.

The humming stops when the sustain is turned on.

Any ideas? This is a brand new MB-1.

Thanks

I am getting a buzz/humming noise when I have the neck (Fernandes FSK 101 Neck Pickup) pickup selected (with the sustain turned OFF).

I noticed that when I touch the midi pad or the Hold button, the pitch of the noise changes each time. When I am lucky, touching the pad will eventually mute the noise.

It's very weird.

The humming stops when the sustain is turned on.

Any ideas? This is a brand new MB-1.

Thanks

that's normal. i'm pretty sure someone asked them about that before and there isn't really a fix for it

i don't know if it's worse on some guitars than others, but it's really never bothered me. it's the type of thing you'd have to listen carefully for.

It's a single coil pickup, of course you get some background noise when you use it. :facepalm:

In other news, my custom midi box is going ahead. You should see the grin on my face right now. Grinly-2.gif

that's cool, when are you having it done?

and to be honest, I find the fernandes MUCH quieter than your average single coil. it's barely any noisier than the bridge pickup :erm:

Yeah, I really like the sustainer pick up personally. You only get noise really with a high gain setting when you're near laptops or things like that. And the estimate is 4-6 weeks to have it done, then it just depends how long it takes for the MB-1 itself to get done down there, and so on. Then hopefully I should have the custom shortly after too. Great news.

Basically, it's a custom midi thru selector box that provides power to the MB-1 screen. 3 outputs, going to Whammy, Kaoss, and Kaossilator, a footswitch for each output turning it on or off, with an LED indicator for each, and the MIDI input to send power back up the MIDI cable to the MB-1, so I won't need batteries for the screen anymore.

Also, can anyone let me know about contact cleaner for guitar switches and how to use it? It's what I've been recommended to try for my faulty switches but I really don't know the first thing about it. Thanks.

Basically, it's a custom midi thru selector box that provides power to the MB-1 screen. 3 outputs, going to Whammy, Kaoss, and Kaossilator, a footswitch for each output turning it on or off, with an LED indicator for each, and the MIDI input to send power back up the MIDI cable to the MB-1, so I won't need batteries for the screen anymore.

Also, can anyone let me know about contact cleaner for guitar switches and how to use it? It's what I've been recommended to try for my faulty switches but I really don't know the first thing about it. Thanks.

Ever thought about making that yourself? it wouldn't be hard. Even powering the midi pad from the cable wouldn't be difficult.

Ever thought about making that yourself? it wouldn't be hard. Even powering the midi pad from the cable wouldn't be difficult.

Agreed. How much are you paying for that, given that it's a relatively straightforward job. You know that MIDI provides its own power right?

Agreed. How much are you paying for that, given that it's a relatively straightforward job. You know that MIDI provides its own power right?

Midi doesn't provide its own power. Certain devices support power over midi but not the xy screens. You would have to do a simple mod to the mb-1 for it to work.

My midi switch doesn't need power :) xy controller out to switch to the 3 devices

Bs lemme know the quote

That's because it is passive, it's probably just a couple of 3PDT switches in a box. Bs is trying to power his xy controller from an external source and send power down the midi cable.

Archived