I've done paperless tickets recently, and they have a card reader that scans your card and prints off a ticket receipt. Can't remember if I've been asked for ID that matches the card though. Back in the day when I used to buy tickets on my mums card, she would write me a signed letter that said I was allowed to collect them on her behalf. Maybe that would work with this?

Reading all the info, I only see credit cards mentioned as payment method. Can you not buy tickets with a debit card? 'Cause in that case, I'm fucked. Credit cards aren't really common here in the Netherlands...

Try adding your card as a payment method in your Ticketmaster account now. (If you don't have a Ticketmaster account, then create one first). I suspect that if it allows you to add the card now, then it will be acceptable for payment later. This way, you remove one stressful step from the buying process.

If I use my husband's credit card will he have to go with me? He wants to pay for them if I'm lucky enough to get them but not go.

He's a keeper! Honestly, your best bet is to pay for them yourself and then he pays you. Not so romantic, maybe, but *waaay* sadder to be turned away. The rules say photo ID and the payment card are required, where they'll expect them to match the name on the ticket. Shows like this usually require the ticket buyer to attend. A pain in genuine cases of wanting to transfer ticket ownership, but great to avoid touts.

I've seen people in tears at ID-required gigs when they realise that not only are they not going to get in to their special night, but that they've also lost a whole load of money...

iirc I once got a presale link and/or password on my .mu account just above the downloads section. It might worth checking that as well

Oh just noticed it says in there:

This is also where you'll find any members only exclusive promotions such as ticket pre-sale codes plus a history of the photos you've uploaded to muse.mu and the comments that you've made.

I wonder if the £250 ticket is standing at the front, or some sort of hospitality package. I'd pay £250 just to be in the pit... but it's borderline ridiculous for a standard ticket.

I have a ticket for Leeds as well... but have heard nothing about the code for that presale yet. Gonna be a long day of looking at my phone for these emails today...

Try adding your card as a payment method in your Ticketmaster account now. (If you don't have a Ticketmaster account, then create one first). I suspect that if it allows you to add the card now, then it will be acceptable for payment later. This way, you remove one stressful step from the buying process.

Just tried that, but that only works for credit cards. Apparently, you need a card number and security code for a payment with a debit card as well. Mine doesn't have that, so I guess Dutch debit cards are different than UK ones...

Now I could use my virtual prepaid credit card, but that would mean I have no physical credit card to show at the door...

EDIT: Was able to ad my virtual card as a payment method, so I guess I can buy tickets with it. Still, the 'no physical card'-problem remains :(

Edited by Robinho

I've only ever done standing at SBE before - are the seats on the balconies just first come first served?? Not like reservable?.... no way i'm competing for barrier this time round hahaha cba

You usually have a ticket that is specific to the balcony level, then it is unreserved.

I wonder if the £250 ticket is standing at the front, or some sort of hospitality package. I'd pay £250 just to be in the pit... but it's borderline ridiculous for a standard ticket.

If it's the same as the Warchild gig in 2013, the regular tickets are downstairs standing, the £250 ones are likely to be VIP tickets in the balcony. Possibly with a free bar. Remember, standing at the back downstairs at SBE is similar to being on the barrier at a festival in terms of distance to the performers

EDIT: Was able to ad my virtual card as a payment method, so I guess I can buy tickets with it. Still, the 'no physical card'-problem remains :(

Hmm, why not call TicketMaster and ask?

My passport still shows my maiden name. Eek!

To be extra sure, your marriage certificate would complete the chain of authentication - daft, though! If you get tickets, I'd call up afterwards and ask how they'd like you to deal with it - there will be a process.

Hmm, why not call TicketMaster and ask?

Yeah, I'll try calling when I get the chance and can find what it costs (it's a foreign call, so it'll probably cost a shitload of money).

I read in the FAQ that when your card gets lost or stolen, you can sort it out at the box office. So it is possible to enter the venue without a physical card. They'll check if the barcodes on your tickets haven't been used yet and you need to present your ID, so surely it'll work out. I hope.

I'll still be able to show all the needed info: my payment info, card number, etc. are all on my phone. Plus, I'll have my photo ID with me of course.

I'm guessing the gig will be around 18/20 songs?

Without wanting to sound too obvious

The band will pick from a selection of Dig Down, Starlight, Supermassive Black Hole, Mercy, Knights of Cydonia, Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Madness, Dead Inside, Plug In Baby, Bliss

Will be intriguing to see how many songs from the last 3 albums get picked, if any.