2017.08.26 - Leeds Festival, Bramham Park

Jobby

Finally got a good shake of Matt's hand :awesome: was right next to his Starlight platform

Would like to say I'm super fucking embarrassed by the amount of people (men) who booed the sexual harassment lady as well. Scary amount of people.

What?

Some lady from a radio station would come out at intervals on the main stage and talk about how they wanted girls to feel safe at Leeds and that sexual harassment wouldn't be tolerated - got booed more and more each time she came on, almost giving up eventually. Bunch of dudes shouting shit like "what about us/what about the men?"

People are gross.

And scary. Felt so sorry for all the obviously uncomfortable girls there. Some tried to cheer through the boos but were either drowned out or stopped through fear.

Some lady from a radio station would come out at intervals on the main stage and talk about how they wanted girls to feel safe at Leeds and that sexual harassment wouldn't be tolerated - got booed more and more each time she came on, almost giving up eventually. Bunch of dudes shouting shit like "what about us/what about the men?"

And scary. Felt so sorry for all the obviously uncomfortable girls there. Some tried to cheer through the boos but were either drowned out or stopped through fear.

Jeezz. That's fucked. You'd think that even if you are enough of an asshole to disagree with an anti harassment message, you'd still feel restricted by social norms to express it. This whole online men's rights nonsense has really increased the audacity of misogyny.

I got the impression they started booing way before they understood what she was talking about.. At least I thought she was going to say no moshing or crowd surfing, before that screen popped up. But yeah it was really fucked up how they booed tbf

Edit: Also, that bloody Showbiz falsetto...

What the fuck...

Somebody should give Muse a speech about harassing US audiences with crap setlists before returning home to play Assassin, Take a Bow, New Born, Showbiz, Yes Please.

Don't UK audiences deserve the privilege of sitting through NKOK?

BOOOO!

That's by far the best G5 I've heard in a loooooooooong time. The distortion probably helps a lot but it's heartwhelming nonetheless.

YES the G5 blew me away. Helped that it didn't cut off like SBE.

Edit: TAB was bloody humongous as well. Matt's vocals even held up surprisingly decent. Probs the best performance I've heard.

Somebody should give Muse a speech about harassing US audiences with crap setlists before returning home to play Assassin, Take a Bow, New Born, Showbiz, Yes Please.

Don't UK audiences deserve the privilege of sitting through NKOK?

Minor fix but Yes Please was only the riff and one Matt shout tbf :chuckle: not like SBE where he actively went in and out of singing the verse and chorus

Edited by Jobby

Never change, Reading/Leeds festival!