I wish most of the concert looked like the ending of The Handler. Not even the fancy screens, just the lighting. Most of the gig feels either too bright or just has some basic soft lights on them with little variation in look or color.

I really like this and it's just lights and the video screens. Could easily be a solid screen too.

[YT]

[/YT]

Has Matt ever been in a situation in the past where his falsetto was this rough for such a long period of time? I've not checked any other performances from this tour but is he struggling with TIRO as well? Hope he can get back to normal after this tour.

His chest voice sounds decent in that Handler video for the most part. It's just quite puzzling to see him struggle with falsetto notes that weren't that challenging for him in the past.

pretty sure it's his falsetto in general, he recently opted out of doing the final Bliss falsetto and seems to be struggling with just about every falsetto in any song from what I've seen of this tour. Bit concerning tbh :/ on another note, the globalist really is the only song that suits the 360 stage. The other songs just seem to come off as pretentious and wanky with the visuals and stage setup, they're just not anthemic or big enough, especially with Matt not sounding up to scratch. Shit tour, imo

Top 5 stage productions imo (that I can remember):

5. Drones Arena tour

4. TR Arena tour

3. HAARP Stadium tour

2. OoS anniversary

1. T2L Stadium tour

I don't know whether I agree on Unsustainable tour being number 1. Actually, I can't really decide on any ordering of those five right now :LOL:. About the Drones tour though: Watching some videos gives me the impression that the production really is very very epic. The giant curtains, the drones... I haven't watched videos of everything though and I'll wait until I've actually seen it to properly judge, but it does seem pretty top notch.

Edit: Haha, person above me going off in a different direction :LOL:

Edited by fam201

This questions keeps on coming up. I hope not.

Was gonna say, don't really post on here, but didn't think i could be the only one thinking. I hope not too but I'd say just make music which suits his voice from now.

To be fair. Usually if he knows he struggles in a particular song, the song gets dropped, however sticking with Handler and Take a Bow is interesting....

The Handler falsetto sounds worse than ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO1kURgcf6k

If he didn't have nodules before, I'm almost certain he does now. That grating sound is a good indicator of vocal damage.

Apparently a fan's brother has died and they're trying to get Muscle Museum played in Manchester in his memory. Doubt anything'll come of it considering how they've been with requests on this tour but just thought I'd post it here in case anyone wanted to join in (I would but still don't have Twitter).

Using your brother's death as fuel for a campaign is pathetic. I hope they don't play it.

Wow that was very very rough, looks like his voice cracks.

Why doesn't he move it to chest voice? Its fairly low for falsetto so should be easily achievable in chest voice and could sound quite epic actually :)

I listened to the latter half of the gig, and I thought there were more than falsetto problems, unfortunately. :(

Mercy was a bit of a mess.

I can't agree more with the lighting, and honestly the visuals in general.

There were a few, very few, parts where they were wonderful. The Handler ending, The Globalist.

But for the rest of it it either felt extremely under or over lit. The parts where it looked like the house lights were up particularly bothered me. It just felt underwhelming and almost unprofessional. Like I was watching some band play with the lights on for some reason before the big act came on.

There also ironically seemed to be even less visually going on during most songs (by far) than past tours, and most songs got mediocre lighting and some bad angle footage of the band with a lazy overlay on a screen shoved up so high in the ceiling I can't imagine anyone really watching it unless they were really high up in the seats.

The T2L tour was SO good, this one had some stunning moments (two songs mentioned prior, the white orbs) but is a downer compared to the prior tours. Especially adding in the crummy stage just seems to suck the life out of everything.

The setlist of my last T2L gig was really lacking, but I still enjoyed that show more than the Drones tour, which makes me a bit sad, as I love the Drones songs so much more.

I'd be totally fine with them dropping The Handler tbh, though I massively doubt they will 'cause of the visuals. It's only gotten progressively worse since it was first played and I just don't think it's good enough to be worth wrecking his voice every night for.

Keep Reapers as a staple and open up the free slot for another song.

Why does it matter WHEN he died? It's irrelevant. Trying to use someone's death to get a band to play a song is pathetic.

Guess it depends how you look at it. If they're just using the death as a way of seeing a song they like then, yeah, that's pretty abhorrent. Personally, I think it's okay to ask for a song to be played in memory or honour of someone though, if it's purely as a tribute.

I'm inclined to believe it's a case of the latter, maybe just because I don't wanna believe someone could be that hollow :chuckle: Seems a bit weird to ask for it at this specific gig after 13 years though.

I think if they're at a point where they'd have to drop a big song from the new album, especially the one that's either the clear fan favorite or tied to it, they need to either try and figure out what's going wrong in the first place, or reassess the kinds of vocals Matt puts into the songs when recording, and tailor to something he can do without sounding noticeably bad. Or find a way to alter the songs before the tour starts.

I'm still completely baffled why he was getting better for a while there.

As for the request, I could see someone asking for either a song they know will be there to be dedicated to someone, or for some completely random ass song because it was the person's favorite.

Picking one that people have been requesting all the time like MM makes the entire thing feel weird and suspicious, and like the requester wants that one personally.

13 years after someone dies and now you want their death honoured by a performance of a song?

Yeah, whether they claim it's "in honour" or not is irrelevant to me. At its core, it's being done because they want to see the song live which makes them a scumbag.

Apparently she chose MM 'cause it's the song he used to introduce her to Muse. Could've been his favourite song, I guess? Probs should've used that as the reason if so though.

The more I think about it, the more it does seem like the main motive is just to see a song they like. I'm hesitant to have a go though, just 'cause it's a pretty serious thing to accuse someone of.

Ah well, might be best just to leave it I guess.

Why doesn't he move it to chest voice? Its fairly low for falsetto so should be easily achievable in chest voice and could sound quite epic actually :)

It's a D5, Matts chest voice doesn't go anywhere near that high.

It's a D5, Matts chest voice doesn't go anywhere near that high.

Really I guess it's because it's barely audible live :LOL: I listen to the studio one later and I'm sure it will be pretty obvious then!

It seems like it's mostly The Handler that really does something to him. He sings decently enough in for example KoC (even if we can barely hear him anymore, especially for the G5)

But that performance of The Handler really is bad. The falsetto isn't just rough, it's barely even a note anymore.