Just got back from the Barclaycard arena. Wow, that gig was amazing. Map and SS made an appearance and my CE virginity has now been lost finally after going to see them over 10 years lol. The Globalist was great as was Take a Bow. And the dildrone made an appearance too! Cannot wait for my next one at O2 on the 12th.

Picked up a load of little men during Mercy. Unfortunately being stuffed in a trouser pocket hasn't done them any favours lol. Btw, the little men are the confetti unleashed during Mercy, and not actual midgets.

It seriously looks like a stealth bomber balloon packing dildo missiles. There was no reason for those ends to be pink. :chuckle:

Still want to know if Munich popped one of them, as we know they have multiples.

It went right over my head and it definitely looked poppable.

I really want to know how they can justify these kinds of setlists when they know that people are traveling just as much, if not more and waiting just as long for their shows in the US.

Hope those questions get answered because even they'll have to acknowledge that the "US setlist syndrome" is real considering there's more variation in the average 3-4 day residency than the entire US tour.

I really want to know how they can justify these kinds of setlists when they know that people are traveling just as much, if not more and waiting just as long for their shows in the US.

Hope those questions get answered because even they'll have to acknowledge that the "US setlist syndrome" is real considering there's more variation in the average 3-4 day residency than the entire US tour.

Seeing the amounts of people still saying they were disappointed with tonight's set, that it was the same as the last one, that it was missing some song or other (usually Hysteria, or something from the Psycho tour like Uno, Assassin, Fury, etc) and that Muse didn't "do anything special" for the UK is really depressing.

The US was begging for songs to be put BACK INTO the set after being cut (CE, Bliss, Reapers... missing one song slot at like half the gigs...) and got nothing but shit about it.

These setlists HAVE been "something special" compared to our leg of the tour...

I've seen every song at tonight's gig prior, but I still would have been happy as hell to get it. It does exactly what the US fans wanted in the first place: finds a balance between pop radio hits, and songs for fans who bothered to listen to the actual albums.

Except, the US was happy to get one or two such songs. :(

The T2L and TR tours were obviously better in Europe, but what was good for me about them was I could go to a random one, and have a good chance of seeing a song I'd never seen before, that wasn't off the current album. I could wait for a "surprise" and likely not be disappointed.

Post '09, I managed to see TaB, a song off Showbiz (!), Map, and US (not on the TR tour, not that it was common there, either.)

Gigs got stuff like RBS, CE, Bliss, NSC, B&H, and if you want to count them, requests like Fury, MC, DS.

The Drones tour was the first you were extremely unlikely to see anything other than Drones songs, and the huge radio hits.

Likewise for all the "the crowd was lame" complaining. Have we really come to a point where we can't just enjoy our damn selves without worrying about what everyone else is doing? Should we hand out flyers to remind everyone what "enjoying yourself" properly looks like?

Talk about drones... (sorry...)

Hypocritically, I do get a little evil smile every time I read about a European crowd being "bad," after the US got slagged off for it by the band.

I'm only human.

While I would have been disappointed to get the same set, at least if I got that kind of set six times in a row, I'd say 'that was a good selection of songs that never dragged on". I can't say that about any of the US shows, especially the ones I went to.

Consider yourselves extremely lucky you're not getting Reapers dropped in favor of Revolt without Stockholm, Take a Bow consistently, CE every couple nights along with Map. Not to mention 17 songs consistently without Undisclosed Desires wasting a spot.

While I would have been disappointed to get the same set, at least if I got that kind of set six times in a row, I'd say 'that was a good selection of songs that never dragged on". I can't say that about any of the US shows, especially the ones I went to.

Consider yourselves extremely lucky you're not getting Reapers dropped in favor of Revolt without Stockholm, Take a Bow consistently, CE every couple nights along with Map. Not to mention 17 songs consistently without Undisclosed Desires wasting a spot.

My fourth time seeing muse last night and I have previously seen every single song on that set list at least once. So I got nothing new last night, but I don't care one bit. Every song was incredible (bar madness tbh)

Reapers is incredible

Citizen erased is citizen erased

Take a bow returned for the first time since Wembley for me

Map the same

Stockholm Syndrome four out of four gigs for me, never seen New Born which was always it's other option on t2l tour and unsustainable stadium tour but Stockholm is up there as one of my favourites. Great performance.

If I'm being really picky I'd love to have Bliss again and I'd drop Madness in its place (not that they are songs you could rotate there) but I even enjoyed Madness as that's why I go to gigs, I just embrace what's going on.

Stage production is brilliant. I thought the band had a lot of energy. The crowd around me were good lots of bouncing. Didn't like the way Matt said Birming-HAM in a slightly American accent early on.

All in all a great gig

I really liked Madness last tour. Performance hasn't changed drastically but it was more that the average setlist last tour made a chill song feel more welcome. Of course, I like the song so I have no predisposed aversion to it in concert. It didn't feel justified in that same way this time around. The recent sets though, having a little more energy, might make that justification.

I really liked Madness last tour. Performance hasn't changed drastically but it was more that the average setlist last tour made a chill song feel more welcome. Of course, I like the song so I have no predisposed aversion to it in concert. It didn't feel justified in that same way this time around. The recent sets though, having a little more energy, might make that justification.

Last tour it was acceptable because he always did at least one of the I need your love's in chest voice but with both in that really weak falsetto he does now just kinda kills the big ending of the song which is the part you really look forward too.

I was thinking this could be the case. If so, poor guy. Must be extremely frustrating.

Is it a treatable thing? I know a girl at my uni was worried she had them once but other than that and Pitch Perfect (of all things) I've never really heard much about them.

My review from tonight for those interested.

I was really impressed with Muse, not with the lame crowd.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/muse-finally-balance-right-barclaycard-11129870

Was at the show last night- really enjoyed it but unfortunately typical rubbish Birmingham crowd, especially those in the seats. Sort of created a bit of an atmosphere void- why I always go GA for shows up there

Highlight for me was The Globalist

Was an amazing show! Cant wait for London in just over a week. My only complaint about last night, the crowd... One of the lamest crowds I've ever had privilege of standing among! Seriously, if your going to just stand there and nod your head, purchase a seat ticket! 'Plug in Baby' is playing and your just standing there nodding your head! Audience was dismal.

But yeah, great show as per usual and I still enjoyed it. But when your the only one jumping to 'Plug in Baby', its a tad awkward because your annoying everyone else.