The Drones outfit went in a really opposite direction. It's just really weird to see Muse in black, bland outfits after all the sparkles and colors and lights.

Obvs to fit with the heavy, dark and edgy material innit.

:rolleyes:

Nah, in all seriousness, Muse's music has always been full of colour for me and it made sense to marry that with the live shows so the muted aesthetic during this era is indeed a bummer imo. I mean, obviously they can dress how they want but if it's only there as part of some superficial attempt at being a 'rawk baynd' again (which I think it is) then pls stop. Also, all I can think when I look at those jumpsuits is how much they must stink.

Also grifsgames on setlist.fm can go fuck himself removing the setlists with the New One (Rich Costey Edit) xD so randum reddit humor edits.

Seriously what a fucking douche. Look at his edits.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/1995/the-ark-royal-plymouth-england-4bde0f46.html

I think he was trying to do April Fools. Except terribly. I reverted one playlist then decided I don't have time for that shit.

Top 5 stage productions imo (that I can remember):

5. Drones Arena tour

4. TR Arena tour

3. HAARP Stadium tour

2. OoS anniversary

1. T2L Stadium tour

Pretty much bang on, the Drones stage is awesome but I actually thing the 360 setup creates more dud views than a normal setup as you end up with a sort of 360 compromise rather than just facing the audience in one direction.

I still honestly think the unsustainable stage is one of the greatest stages ever, I was blown away when I saw that at Emirates, how much I hope they will do a stadium tour again. Actually I wish they would dump arenas and do stadiums and clubs only in the UK :)

They look like the Gothic Ghostbusters.

Have you read the interview where they mentioned someone shouted at them that they looked like they were going go-karting :LOL:

I think Chris mentioned he basically agreed, hence unsurprisingly he's changed his.

Obvs to fit with the heavy, dark and edgy material innit.

:rolleyes:

Nah, in all seriousness, Muse's music has always been full of colour for me and it made sense to marry that with the live shows so the muted aesthetic during this era is indeed a bummer imo. I mean, obviously they can dress how they want but if it's only there as part of some superficial attempt at being a 'rawk baynd' again (which I think it is) then pls stop. Also, all I can think when I look at those jumpsuits is how much they must stink.

I think that's a really good description, honestly, "full of color."

I've also said that one of the biggest draws of the band for me was that they deal with dark stuff (and get called dark and depressing all the time in interviews :facepalm: ) but the songs were almost always still about hope, or love, in some way. At least that was my view of the band.

So, while I know I've said the pyramid jacket was hideous, and it was, I did enjoy it more in retrospect than the drab, black outfit every gig.

Also, the complete lack of color makes the band blend into the dim stage and crowd behind them WAY too much. There's no *pop* and it's a bit lackluster.

Added to the poor visibility factor with the band members, and the decreased focus on performance.

I could absolutely see them using these outfits for the beginning of a gig, and then having a costume change (which is normal for them anyways) for the end of the gig, following a heavy/dark, poppy/happy setlist... if Matt had followed through on the gigs telling a story, or being "the Wall" or something.

Could have worked quite well, actually.

As is, watching someone wearing a black military/flight suit during Starlight and Madness is a bit off.

I think I mentioned it already; during the Uprising dance in DC, Matt popped his collar up, tilted his face forward, and stuffed his nose into the front of his jacket.

I had just watched sweat rain off of him while he was jogging to a mic, and I think I gagged a little thinking about the smell. :chuckle:

Have you read the interview where they mentioned someone shouted at them that they looked like they were going go-karting :LOL:

I think Chris mentioned he basically agreed, hence unsurprisingly he's changed his.

Matt admitted he had them altered to jacket and pants after that heckle, too, in the same interview. I'm surprised it would bother him at this stage of his career, tbh.

The fact that Dom altered his beyond recognition, and Chris doesn't even bother, makes it look even more off that Matt wears his obsessively.

Even with the coordinated jackets last tour, he'd take them off eventually.

You can tell he's just sweltering in that jacket, and I don't know why he is so insistent on wearing it 100% of the time for this tour. He has a shirt under it.

Unless maybe he really does think some sort of "concept" comes across with the stage show still?

They look like the Gothic Ghostbusters.

This is the best description of the onesies I've ever seen.

And actually would make them a lot cooler.

Apparently there are trackers in the jackets meaning they can't take them off. I assume they are the lumps going down their backs meaning they can't really take them off. I guess that is how the lights in the Handler sync almost perfectly.

Apparently there are trackers in the jackets meaning they can't take them off. I assume they are the lumps going down their backs meaning they can't really take them off. I guess that is how the lights in the Handler sync almost perfectly.

I'd thought about that, but Chris takes his off more often than not.

Matt admitted he had them altered to jacket and pants after that heckle, too, in the same interview. I'm surprised it would bother him at this stage of his career, tbh.

The fact that Dom altered his beyond recognition, and Chris doesn't even bother, makes it look even more off that Matt wears his obsessively.

Even with the coordinated jackets last tour, he'd take them off eventually.

You can tell he's just sweltering in that jacket, and I don't know why he is so insistent on wearing it 100% of the time for this tour. He has a shirt under it.

Unless maybe he really does think some sort of "concept" comes across with the stage show still?

Or maybe that's indeed why he gets fatigued and breathless at every gig. Sweating a lot every time, it's like he has just run five kilometres only during the first bunch of songs, so that it drains more energy and vocal power than normal.

EDIT: In fact, that suit doesn't look very "light" to me, in terms of inner ventilation and such.

Or maybe that's indeed why he gets fatigued and breathless at every gig. Sweating a lot every time, it's like he has just run five kilometres only during the first bunch of songs, so that it drains more energy and vocal power than normal.
I don't follow.

EDIT: In fact, that suit doesn't look very "light" to me, in terms of inner ventilation and such.

I'm convinced he's just trying to cover the fact that he's gotten a little bit chubby. That could also tie in with him being out of shape and breath. :chuckle:

I don't follow.

In few words: the suit Matt wears isn't fit for the scripted antics he pulls out on stage and might contribute to worsen his actual health status.

I'm convinced he's just trying to cover the fact that he's gotten a little bit chubby. That could also tie in with him being out of shape and breath. :chuckle:

But really has he? It doesn't look too chubby to me. It seems to me he's currently slimmer than he was back in the TR Tour and the Unsustainable Tour.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

From what I've seen he seems to have shed that "dad belly" he had for a little while. Guy's a stick again.

In few words: the suit Matt wears isn't fit for the scripted antics he pulls out on stage and might contribute to worsen his actual health status.

But really has he? It doesn't look too chubby to me. It seems to me he's currently slimmer than he was back in the TR Tour and the Unsustainable Tour.

I'm pretty sure he would just stop doing it if that was the case.

Moving swiftly on from his weight

Are there any videos up from the Munich gig? Wanna see if Matt sounded any better after a two week break

yes there are. Just search on YouTube.