Previously, on Psycho/Drones General Tour Discussion Thread...

"The setlist is too short!!"

"I can't believe they're only playing 16-17 songs!!"

"WHY NO SHOWBIZ THEY PROMISED????"

"Muse hates the U.S."

"Europe always get better stuff eff them in the arse!!"

"American fans sux0rz go eff yourselves in the arse!!"

"Can I has Assassin?"

"Awww, no can has Assassin, I ams sadz."

"Why is the setlist so short just play more than two hours!!!"

"Here are all the bands that are better than Muse."

"OMG, Matt sounds like Benjamin Button when he was born and/or dying!"

"Muse hates what they're doing. They hate us. They probably hate each other. BOO."

"Why you close eyes so much, Bellamy??"

"OMG TAB!!!"

"Ugh, I went to first night. I had to the sux0rz."

"Um, I had a jolly time--"

"HOW DARE YOU ENJOYED YOURSELF THIS TOUR IS A TRAVESTY YOUR OPINION IS NULL!!"

"Tweet this thing to get this thing!"

"No, don't tweet that thing. You so greedy!!"

"Why they play so few songs!!"

"LOL broken drones."

"Grrrr, Muse = slave to their drones. Boo-urns!"

"The crowd sucks."

"Muse is a farce and robbing us by playing less songs and too much filler and sounds terrible and all the playback and so many breaks and too much visuals and not enough rock and super expensive seats and didn't play that one obscure rarity that I absolutely had to hear and it has gutted my life and killed my father and raped my mother and I now hate Muse!!!!!!!!!!"

And now, the exciting continuation of the Drones General Tour Discussion Thread...

hahahahha! Love it. I see nothing's changed since I last came on here LOL:

I just wanted to say I've seen them for the first time ever (and my first concert in general) at the Cologne gig and I'm sad to hear that apparently they looked bored during other gigs, because at the one in Cologne everyone seemed very into it!)

They weren't at the Brussels gigs and I know from people that went to the Holland gigs that they didn't look bored there either.

I think people just WANT them to be bored to solidify their opinion that things 'aren't going well'? They seem perfectly happy to me tbh.

I can appreciate that certain setlists aren't everybody's cup of tea but what are you gonna do. Each to their own.

I just wanted to say I've seen them for the first time ever (and my first concert in general) at the Cologne gig and I'm sad to hear that apparently they looked bored during other gigs, because at the one in Cologne everyone seemed very into it! Matt even interacted with the crowd at one point and said a few words here and there during breaks (from what I've read this is their normal level of interaction) and from uploaded videos on youtube you can see they smiled a lot and generally seemed energetic! I left the concert feeling this was one of the best nights of my life :-)

that's all

(i hope i did everything right with this post, i just created this account lol)

Welcome to the board!

:LOL:

They weren't at the Brussels gigs and I know from people that went to the Holland gigs that they didn't look bored there either.

I think people just WANT them to be bored to solidify their opinion that things 'aren't going well'? They seem perfectly happy to me tbh.

I can appreciate that certain setlists aren't everybody's cup of tea but what are you gonna do. Each to their own.

I can assure you that I didn't want to spend almost two grand to confirm that things "weren't going well." I was just expecting to hate the stage, and probably be bored with half the setlist, as I'd seen all the songs multiple times already.

In fact, the lack of energy/effort on the part of the band really shocked me. I hadn't seen anything like that since the webcast of the Weenie Roast. The videos people linked from other US gigs weren't like that.

DC wasn't like that. Not really.

I love this album. I've been a fan since '04. I don't WANT the band to disappoint me. Why would I?

It's just been that the band's energy, like just about everything this tour, has been inconsistent.

And I do feel bad for the fans who can only make it to one gig, and end up with one that's worse than normal (for this tour.)

My ability to go to DC after Philly involved two very unlikely events prior, and I was almost in that category.

Since the tour's about to re-start, here are songs that have apparently been soundchecked lately, but didn't pop up yet (Source is setlist.fm. I think Assassin and GL are pretty much confirmed to have been sound checked, I don't know about the others):

Assassin

Defector

Sing for Absolution

TSP

GL

Not a fan of the guitar build up at the beginning, but I must say I like what's been done to the chorus vocals. They never completely sat well with me on album, though I do love the song.

Some of it just kind of sounds like a wall of noise, tbh.

Even if I wasn't in love with Mercy, I'd have probably been too distracted flailing around in the confetti to care.

Was smiling like an idiot, even at the Philly gig. :chuckle:

I wish the entire gig had the same kind of punch as that one song did. The gig really felt alive at that point.

No Psycho eh? Interesting... don't think its been later than 2nd at any gig so far has it?

I'm not 100% sure about no Psycho, as I missed the beginning. But I saw no tweet about it and setlist.fm doesn't show it either... but yea, interesting twist, hasn't happened before as far as I'm concerned.

IS and The Handler now