I'm interviewing Muse. What questions does everyone want answered?

LucasWay89

What books (if any) Matt has been reading, and what genre?

What does he think about International Politics regarding Syria/Russia/Iran, and if he's been keeping up with the US Presidential Election?

What are their favorite songs/albums of the year?

If they could name new artists that currently influence them, who would they pick?

1) Are they planning on doing anything for BH&R's anniversary (remaster/full album gig/bringing back a couple of songs/FULLALBUMGIG)?

2) Do they feel as though they've experimented with electronics enough, or do they want to try out more? / Are there any styles or genres they haven't tried yet that they're interested in doing?

but mainly #1

pls

Edited by Jobby

1) Are they planning on doing anything for BH&R's anniversary (remaster/full album gig/bringing back a couple of songs/FULLALBUMGIG)?

2) Do they feel as though they've experimented with electronics enough, or do they want to try out more? / Are there any styles or genres they haven't tried yet that they're interested in doing?

but mainly #1

pls

What about an Absolution 13th anniversary?

Why did you a play a set like the one at Werchter with Uno and Micro Cuts but then shaft everyone else with the same rubbish setlists for the rest of the festival tour?

Do you (Matt) feel guilty about not getting into adequate shape and putting in poor performances for your fans?

First of all, I think it's great that you're collecting questions!

My suggestion:

Looking at the recent setlists, I'd like to know why they are so short?

Whatever the reason, if there is any way to do so, sets should be 20+ songs and jams extra imo, with the prices charged and the size, age and discography of the band. I think the band need to hear this until it sinks in, and change things asap.

Why did you a play a set like the one at Werchter with Uno and Micro Cuts but then shaft everyone else with the same rubbish setlists for the rest of the festival tour?

Do you (Matt) feel guilty about not getting into adequate shape and putting in poor performances for your fans?

Yes please just copy and paste this post.

Looking at the recent setlists, I'd like to know why they are so short?

Whatever the reason, if there is any way to do so, sets should be 20+ songs and jams extra imo, with the prices charged and the size, age and discography of the band. I think the band need to hear this until it sinks in, and change things asap.

And this.

Basically why do they think it's okay to charge a shit ton for tickets for 16 song sets when 10 years ago you could get a ticket for 20 quid and they'd play 20 songs. Are you (Matt) actually going to give us our money's worth and play long setlists and not just use stage production as an excuse.

Are you going to play Showbiz on the arena tour? And please play it in Vienna, #showbizforvienna

Don't forget you have a Twitter account, not only for posting articles about Drones ;) your fans have some important questions for you! Will you answer them again, please? Maybe Muse could do Q&A sessions again.

and finally, do we European fans get some kind of contest, like a proper Meet&Greet or an attendance at the soundcheck...

I'm going to be a dork and go with technical questions >.>

For Chris and Matt: What pedals do you have on your pedalboard currently, and which are your favorite to use in and out of the studio?

For Chris: How much does using the Kitara bass change your sound for various songs in live performances? Is it better or worse considering you obviously didn't have that when recording previous albums?

(Also for Chris) How difficult is it to keep up with older basslines like the one for New Born? Does it get easier as you play more or more difficult?

feel free to ignore these completely, I'd have questions for Dom but I'm terrible when it comes to stuff about drums.

Please ask them why do they seem to be so afraid of alienating casual listeners by playing sets full of crowd pleasers, did they not realise everyone loved them at Download, even the doubters were blown away, with a more obscure set? It's not just 'oo bring back all the oldies don't play new songs!!1' (although personally I wouldn't mind this : D) but what they were always all about was being an amazing live band, why not just let the music and performance speak for itself? Like they've said themselves T2L didn't really work live, and I'm sure they know a lot of their older stuff does, and they know fans will love it, and like these recent club shows have proved they still don't NEED any extra theatrics on stage, just the music and live energy, and it's just that they can win people over with, wasn't it how it all started? I mean COME ON, no need to be so afraid, while songs like Fury might be a casual listeners loo break, Starlight could serve the same purpose for someone else. I don't know where i'm going with this anymore.

I'm so sorry that turned out to be a terribly unclear rambling. :facepalm:

Other, shorter questions:

Where on earth have Stockholm Syndrome and New Born gone?!

Why play both Madness & Dead Inside / Starlight & Mercy in the same set?

Will they please make sure to rotate sets on Drones tour and throw in a nice portion of oldies as well? (Showbiz goddammit!)

But also thank you for bringing back CE (hopefully it sticks around) and the lot of b-sides and stuff for Psycho tour! :chuckle:

Plus YES all the questions re: short sets, ticket prices etc!

I have some questions (I tell you mostly what the others have told) : (sorry for my bad english)

- Main Question : Why short setlists and increasing prises??? 18 songs (including interlude and jams!!!), it is too short. The last show in Rio was 1 hour and 30 minutes length... We expect 2 hour or 2h15 length.

- Which song do you prefer play live (he has already answer to this question but long time ago).

- Are you listening sometimes to your fans ? We prefer Showbiz than Madness, so play Showbiz. And WE WANT BUTTERFLIES AND DEAD STAR.

- Is there one song you think if you were recording this song now, you say : "no, it's shit" ? (I cannot find the way to express my thought in English)

Sorry, It doesn't look like an interview, but rather a critical.

Thank you!!!!

Please ask them why do they seem to be so afraid of alienating casual listeners by playing sets full of crowd pleasers, did they not realise everyone loved them at Download, even the doubters were blown away, with a more obscure set?

This is probably the most important question in this entire thread. Word it differently so it isn't so hostile

"Have you ever thought of playing a primarily "heavy set" filled with older/obscure material that are primarily fan favorites? Download seemed to be pleased and I'm sure general audiences would be absolutely blown away."

Will they ever go back and remaster albums that have undesirable production, mixing, or mastering? (i.e. Absolution, Black Holes & Revelations)

Why did they let fans in other countries around the world know when they' diet to see muse live and let them by tickets before doing the same for fans in America when the American shows would end up occurring before the shows in these other countries? (In short, why do American fans get less notice of when and where their shows will be than fans in other countries?)