I'm interviewing Muse. What questions does everyone want answered?

LucasWay89

Will they ever go back and remaster albums that have undesirable production, mixing, or mastering? (i.e. Absolution, Black Holes & Revelations)

I aim on asking them that myself if I get to meet them again at some point tbh (maybe next year).

I aim on asking them that myself if I get to meet them again at some point tbh (maybe next year).

Please do. I want so badly to be able to get more into Abso, but the production just flattens it every time. Someone needs to breath some life into that thing. Also, I'd really like to be able to hear Dom's drums on Assassin as more than a blur of toms.

Also! possibly a better question to ask: before becoming huge rockstars, maybe at the time of the Rocket Baby Dolls, what did they want to become when they were older?

(I know that a similar question was asked at another interview, however it was more along the lines of "[currently] what would you want to do if you weren't in Muse?")

Ask them the real story behind Plug In Baby....

so far I have heard that they were high on mushrooms, that it's a jumble of different feelings and events, Matt forgot the meaning, emotion into something that has no soul, and other things.

Also! possibly a better question to ask: before becoming huge rockstars, maybe at the time of the Rocket Baby Dolls, what did they want to become when they were older?

(I know that a similar question was asked at another interview, however it was more along the lines of "[currently] what would you want to do if you weren't in Muse?")

Pretty sure they've answered both of those questions at least once or twice already, so I wouldn't really see much point.

(no offense)

When you see them, Tell 'me that they have a huge fanbase in Iran, but as the government won't let any rock band perform in here we can see them in the UAE and Turkey so please ask them to come back to Turkey after nine years. ;)

They get requests to play in certain countries literally every day. No offence but I don't think it's worth taking up an interview question for.

yep but they go almost everywhere but the middle east :)

If gigs there are so rare then there's probably reasons for that, I doubt it's just because they forget about it.

Like I said, not really worth wasting a potentially valuable interview question (which is rare when the questions aren't from fans) on 'muse pls play my country every1 here loves you!!1' when they get it literally everyday on social media.

You looked bored as fuck playing a lot of the older chart songs this year such as Starlight and PiB. Will we get a lot more b sides and deep cuts for future tours including songs that you haven't played in a lifetime such as Showbiz and Eternally Missed?

Mhmmm considering when I saw a vid of them playing Dead Star recently and they were clearly fuckin' loving it... :awesome:

Mhmmm considering when I saw a vid of them playing Dead Star recently and they were clearly fuckin' loving it... :awesome:

They did at the Big Weekend, especially with all of the technical problems between the visuals and with the effects as well (noticeable during the beginning of Plug In Baby and Dead Inside). Such a shame when Manch was so good.

• 2 weeks later...
You looked bored as fuck playing a lot of the older chart songs this year such as Starlight and PiB. Will we get a lot more b sides and deep cuts for future tours including songs that you haven't played in a lifetime such as Showbiz and Eternally Missed?

Eternally Missed is one of my absolute faves (possibly my favorite overall), but no matter how much I want them to play Eternally Missed live, they've only ever played it once, and I don't think it went quite as they wanted after listening to the recording:

Eternally Missed is one of my absolute faves (possibly my favorite overall), but no matter how much I want them to play Eternally Missed live, they've only ever played it once, and I don't think it went quite as they wanted after listening to the recording:

Futurism sounded awful back when they first played that tbf. Then, 10+ years later, they gave it another try and now it sounds brilliant so you never really know.

Personally, I'm not that fussed about seeing Eternally Missed though.

Pretty sure they've answered both of those questions at least once or twice already, so I wouldn't really see much point.

(no offense)

Had they answered the question about something like "what would they had named their band back in the Rocket Baby Dolls days if not Muse?"...?

It might as well sound as a silly question because at the same point a band doesn't have any proper name to get renamed into, but why not... or... maybe "if there was a chance, would've they sticked to being Rocket Baby Dolls"? scratch.gif

1. Do you think that audiences are changing in the past 5-10 years? Do you think it is a change for better or for worse? What is the ideal type of crowd for a musician? Do you have a favorite type of crowd interaction?

2. At times, Drones distorts musical themes from The Resistance. Is this supposed to reflect a loss of autonomy?

3. Do you find certain cities to evoke a certain type of composition, mood, or focus?

4.Where can you compose most or best?

5. When do you do your best or worst playing?

6. What helps you prepare for touring? What is on your rider?

7. Interpol and their crew were stuck on a tour bus for nearly 50 hours outside of Buffalo, NY. What do you think would go down if that happened to MUSE and their crew?

8. What are some of the least inspiring things?

9. Which sounds are you most drawn to?

Oh yeah. Basically: "You're often viewed as a guitar hero (I mean you've even featured in the game with that exact name). But do you feel like you've got nothing left to prove, and can thus cut down on the guitar playing in certain songs?"

I'm assuming he'll say it's nice to be able to interact with the crowd, so we should come up with a question that covers that too.

How about the fact he said piano songs were cut down on because he feels like he can't "perform" as well live with the piano vs the guitar. Does he feel the same issues with "performance" being guitar-less?

Because, yes, a big part of Bellamy's fame and appeal has pertained to the guitar...

I've always wondered why he thought of TG as a "sequel" to CE.

Does he think altering the lyrics to this album to be more straightforward ultimately helped get his point across, in hindsight.

And I'd really like to know why the US date announcements were so piecemeal...

Yes. April 11th. First night of the o2 arena leg of the UK tour.

Doesn't necessarily have to take up a question but please remind Matt that Showbiz was apparently promised to be played in London :supersad:

(If he moans about not being able to sing it, just tell him to sing the last note lower or take the whole thing down half a step)