2016.04.11 - O2 Arena, London, England

forevermusic

Doesn't say anything about meet-and-greet in the VIP deal. Just that you get a free buffet, VIP bar and lounge, early entry, a free poster/laminate, and "an exclusive interactive experience allowing guests to relive the greatest moments in Muse history" (which sounds hilarious).

As much as I hate the idea of paid meet and greets, you'd think you have one of those for just shy of 200 Euros. Hell, if I was paying that, I'd wanna be able to request really obscure songs... maybe if CID Entertainment are reading, that can be a plan for any such packages on the 8th album tour.

Can you imagine how many thousands of people would buy VIP packages if it meant meeting the band? You'd queue for hours for a photo. Mind you, it would probably be worth it but it would be a nightmare for security.

Ah. I've seen the TicketMaster prices now, which are a WHOLE lot steeper than the £45 that GigWise was quoting for a standing ticket. Now I'm in the sticky situation that I've promised a friend a ticket for her birthday based on them costing £45, and can't really stretch to £73 for each of us! So disappointed, I love seeing Muse live and will be Very Sad Indeed if I miss this show. Plus I have to tell my friend she's not going after all. Grrrrrrr.....

I thought VIP meant being able to meet the band but someone on another thread said it doesn't.:(

Noooo, it's just a case of decent seats (or GA!!!), a bit of pre/post show exclusivity, and a few bits of merch.

Anything that involved Meet & Greet would be marketed as such and probably more in the £400-600 price range.

In my view, it's all just a cunning ruse to milk fans for all they can, and a sadly growing trend. :mad:

Has anyone here ever queued for a gig at The 02 for anyone before? I'm in the Midlands and trying to work out whether I'm better off at The 02 or Manchester. I've heard crappy stuff about queueing in Manchester before, so figured I might be better off in London, but I've never been to The 02 before. Both destinations are pretty much equal for me to get to by train. Obviously London will work out more expensive, but I can make a mini trip out of it anyway. I love queueing for barrier, so if The 02 have the best queue system then it may help swing it.

When I queued at the O2 in 2009, it was quite organised. We started off outside, and were then moved inside by security to another part, and then moved again to another, if I remember correctly.

Anyone get through? I got a circle of dots saying "loading", then an apology saying they were experiencing delays, and now the ticket portion of the webpage just doesn't load at all...

EDIT: Now "tickets are currently not available online. Please check back for availability."

I get the not available too :(

When I queued at the O2 in 2009, it was quite organised. We started off outside, and were then moved inside by security to another part, and then moved again to another, if I remember correctly.

Ahh fab thanks :) This sounds a similar setup to Birmingham which is always my preferred location.

I got 2 standing tickets no problem at all :) I failed in the pre-sale for The Psycho Tour and lucked out in the general sale. I'm glad this one went smoother.

I never fail to be astounded by the absolute shit show that is ticketmaster sales. This time I didn't even get an indication that I might have been in the running for a ticket, just a loading screen followed by an error message and now a smug message saying no tickets are available.

Am I allowed to call them c***s here?

Seated - near the front Block 107 (which was a bit better than the back of 111 that was offered first)

£15.00 'service charge' + 3.00 'facility charge' is insult to injury :mad:

They went on sale a good 30 seconds before the time stopped...

Am I allowed to call them c***s here?

Please feel free to do so.

They showed not available for about 30 secs and then it looked fine, got 2 standing with no probs :)

Fucking expensive though :(

Sorted out my three O2 seats no problem. Couldn't stomach the top price, so went with the "only" £75 ones.

And, remember, so many presales are just a piece of hype, with only a small number of tickets allocated. I've lost count of the amount of stress I've had trying to get presale tickets and failing, with more luck in the general sale. Plus the face that some presales don't even have the best seats (if seats are what float your boat).

Sorted out my three O2 seats no problem. Couldn't stomach the top price, so went with the "only" £75 ones.

And, remember, so many presales are just a piece of hype, with only a small number of tickets allocated. I've lost count of the amount of stress I've had trying to get presale tickets and failing, with more luck in the general sale. Plus the face that some presales don't even have the best seats (if seats are what float your boat).

^^

I've stressed about this before. But on Friday you'll get people here who got crap seats in the presale trying to swap with people who got better ones in the general sales (plus those with O2 mobile contracts being smug).

Seated - near the front Block 107 (which was a bit better than the back of 111 that was offered first)

£15.00 'service charge' + 3.00 'facility charge' is insult to injury :mad:

They went on sale a good 30 seconds before the time stopped...

Please feel free to do so.

The timer is based on your own computer's clock and so does not exactly correspond to what Ticketmaster are planning - though I think this is misleading as it appears the website is telling you something very accurate.

if anyone is having trouble with access codes, as my friend and I were, make sure you are using the right code for your date. When you log in to the members area, the first code you see is only for the French shows!

The timer is based on your own computer's clock and so does not exactly correspond to what Ticketmaster are planning - though I think this is misleading as it appears the website is telling you something very accurate.

Yeah, I know. I keep refreshing from about three minutes out.