2016.04.11 - O2 Arena, London, England

forevermusic

Does it matter if im late? I just want to see Muse im not bothered about the other bands

No, not at all.

Has anyone done VIP so far or have info on it, going to most of the London gigs this week in the pit but I friend got me a seated VIP ticket

Do I need to go early, what does it mean? Just early entrance? :)

Any help would be great!

I have been in VIP once and never again.

You get free drinks (can't remember if there is free food). I was surrounded by corporate types all wearing suits, pissed out of their head.

Me and my mate were the only ones actually watching the band, then one of the others came out during one of the songs and said:

"So who's actually playing then?"

"Muse"

"Oooh I love The Muse. Superholes is a good song"

:facepalm:

Only reason I sat there is because I couldn't get a ticket and mates gf's dad has a box

No, not at all.

I have been in VIP once and never again.

You get free drinks (can't remember if there is free food). I was surrounded by corporate types all wearing suits, pissed out of their head.

Me and my mate were the only ones actually watching the band, then one of the others came out during one of the songs and said:

"So who's actually playing then?"

"Muse"

"Oooh I love The Muse. Superholes is a good song"

:facepalm:

Only reason I sat there is because I couldn't get a ticket and mates gf's dad has a box

Superholes.....that is funny!

I'm not sure I enjoyed that gig as much as I hoped and wanted. We had barrier on one of the arms and our side was just lacking atmosphere and was kinda stale. I was the only one jumping to Psycho in the area. On the plus side the other side looked a lot better.

I didn't feel like Matt looked like he wanted to be on the stage and quite frankly, the only redeeming feature of the gig for me was Citizens Erased.

I rarely post here, but when you leave a gig feeling meh, something is wrong.

I actually thought the performance was pretty good and Matt seemed decently into it, I wasn't exactly close though tbf :chuckle:

Set was a bit wanky though, massively top-heavy like Manchester. Matt, you've been doing this for like 20 years now, how are you getting worse at writing a balanced, well-paced set?

I'm probably just being a spoilt little brat since my last gig was Manchester Academy, so that was obviously going to take a lot of beating. I'm sure it was still a decent setlist to many, with the likes of Stockholm, but somehow I've seen Muse 4 times and have seen it 4 times so it's not as big a deal to me. Loved CE, surprised myself by how much I enjoyed The Globalist. Nearly cried when I found out we were getting UD. Some of the security near us showed us a sneak peak at the setlist, so from the off I knew we had got UD instead of TAB and that just put me in a bit of a mood I think. I'd have given my left arm away to see TAB.

Pros

- Citizen Erased/SS (never get bored of hearing them)

- The lights/effects

- Drones tracks still sound brilliant live (esp. The Globalist)

Cons

- Stale atmosphere (that's playing in the round for you/too many checking in on FB)

- Undisclosed Desires :mad:

- Matt sans guitar (Looks weird. Great for engagement but just not right)

- 'Prelude' into f****** 'Starlight'

Overall, an enjoyable evening, but a few things could have been better. Not really keen on bands playing in the round. Nobody moves unless you're in the first three rows.

Edited by Muse_Fan_2007

First ever time seeing Muse seated and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. Turns out row J is actually the second row in block 114 and not the ninth as you would expect, so I had a great and comfortable view throughout the whole gig.

I enjoyed the setlist, mostly. I'm going to all five London dates so I don't mind hearing all the rotations, even if Undisclosed Desires did seem a little flat. Also, despite being happy to hear it at the first gig, I can see myself being bored of The Globalist by Friday too, the middle is great but the rest is a little boring live and the crowd does not get into it at all apart from whipping out their phones to take pictures of the spaceship. Starlight and Madness are boring af.

UD in place of TAB? Ouch.

I do agree with what alot of you are saying, they really need to mix it up a bit and throw in a few more surprises. I was lucky enough to be at Helsinki when they did Yes Please and Agitated as a last minute change to the set and it was just brilliant.

You are never going to please everybody, some people like Madness for gods sake, but I think some stuff gets overplayed (Madness) while some amazing songs rarely if ever feature... I'd love to hear Fury, Ruled by Secrecy or Showbiz but I doubt it will ever happen.

Having said all that I was horrified that they didn't do PIB at Manchester on the 8th...but Bliss/Hysteria more than made up for that.

Spectacular gig. I've seen Muse 9 times now and last night was the best one I'd ever been to. great atmosphere in my block (116) we were just partying all night.

A track from Showbiz would've been a welcome addition to the set list but it was fab to hear Citizen Erased live again after 9 years.

ONLY bugbear of the night was not being able to see the visuals on the huge veils but that's just a small niggle really as I'm there for the music.:D

It was also nice not to have my phone or camera constantly out taking pics and videos.

Yeah. I understand why they play the "crowd pleasers" but they should really throw in a few for the hardcore fans.

Personally, I'm bored of Starlight, PIB, TIRO, SBH and Madness.

I get that the "greatest hits" fans need that to be happy but come on, I've payed £70 for something different.

It's got to a point that I was actually excited when they played the Prelude and thought they'd play Survival!

The only highlights for me were CE and the Excecution riff - that's it! No TSP? Muscle Museum? Hyper Music? They're taking the piss now...

I agree with what everyone was saying regarding the atmosphere - no one around me knew The Globalist at all! I was the only one that was head banging and jumping around during the riff whilst everyone was looking around not knowing what the hell was going on!

It seems that Muse are becoming the new U2...

I loved it! First gig, Emirates 2013. Much too big and I was so far away I could only see them on the video screens. Second gig Newport, Wales, 2015. Fabulous to get up so close but no-one in the seated area stood up, sang or clapped at all.:eek: Last night was my first time in the O2. I was in Row U, block 105 and had a great view. I loved the round stage as Dom was more visible than usual!:) I just wish they would design a conveyor belt for him and his drums so he can get as close to fans as Matt and Chris do.

People in the seated blocks on the level where I was stood up, clapped, danced and sang for all the well-known songs and then sat down which was fine by me as I can only stand up for short periods. Great atmosphere. My two bottles of water were confiscated at the door and we were told there was free water available. We couldn't find it and bottled water was £2.50 a bottle. Greedy bastards!:mad:

I loved it! First gig, Emirates 2013. Much too big and I was so far away I could only see them on the video screens. Second gig Newport, Wales, 2015. Fabulous to get up so close but no-one in the seated area stood up, sang or clapped at all.:eek: Last night was my first time in the O2. I was in Row U, block 105 and had a great view. I loved the round stage as Dom was more visible than usual!:) I just wish they would design a conveyor belt for him and his drums so he can get as close to fans as Matt and Chris do.

People in the seated blocks on the level where I was stood up, clapped, danced and sang for all the well-known songs and then sat down which was fine by me as I can only stand up for short periods. Great atmosphere. My two bottles of water were confiscated at the door and we were told there was free water available. We couldn't find it and bottled water was £2.50 a bottle. Greedy bastards!:mad:

I was in row U (block 105) last night with my wife! I was on the very end in the aisle seat but stood up for most of the gig bouncing like an idiot lol :D

You must have been near us, and I probably stood up to let you in the row at some point ha ha :)

I was in row U (block 105) last night with my wife! I was on the very end in the aisle seat but stood up for most of the gig bouncing like an idiot lol :D

You must have been near us, and I probably stood up to let you in the row at some point ha ha :)

Left or right? I went in the wrong door at the beginning and we were right at the other end. After I'd been to the loo (malfunctioning lock on accessible toilet and the woman in front of me got trapped. I stayed with her while a man in a wheel chair fetched help) I went in past you two. There were two empty seats next to you for ages, then my son who's tall and wears glasses. I posted here last week asking if anyone was in block 105.:( One of my Facebook friends was there, too, and I didn't find out till today.:'( Funnily enough, my son has been invited to join his band. If I'd known, I could have introduced them.:rolleyes:

Left or right? I went in the wrong door at the beginning and we were right at the other end. After I'd been to the loo (malfunctioning lock on accessible toilet and the woman in front of me got trapped. I stayed with her while a man in a wheel chair fetched help) I went in past you two. There were two empty seats next to you for ages, then my son who's tall and wears glasses. I posted here last week asking if anyone was in block 105.:( One of my Facebook friends was there, too, and I didn't find out till today.:'( Funnily enough, my son has been invited to join his band. If I'd known, I could have introduced them.:rolleyes:

We were on the right (as you look at the stage) but my wife had two women next to her!

Heads off to look at website :boobs:

I've just seen this. Sorry but the photo is head and shoulders only. Also, I'm old enough to be your mother.:eek:

Where can I see a setlist from last night? Even though I was there, I'd like to be reminded of what I heard. I still haven't come down to earth and i desperately need more sleep.:sleepy: