I know under 14yr olds must be accompanied by an adult, but does anyone know if there are any other general age restrictions? My 11yr old son and 7yr old daughter also adore them and are desperate to see them live with us. x

Probably be ok, I'd go for seating, obviously.

Didn't Radiohead charge £80 at the O2 a few years back?

I've been wondering if its worth doing this, given my dad paid £74-a-ticket to an Arsenal game last season (which was shite) and people were willing to pay this sort of cash to see Taylor Swift, The Who, and Madonna (and more to see U2 and The Rolling Stones), and if they bring a fucking massive production that makes it worth it, then it'll be really something. But it seems steep, and I really don't wanna go to the O2.

It strikes me that they're trying to do a show which belongs in a huge stadium in arenas, simply because they can't get H+S clearance for outdoor drones.

I really don't like today's announcement for many reasons.

Firstly, too few UK dates. We've had one last minute small tour with short setlists, and since then we've had to watch them fannying about in South America and at festivals. After waiting almost a year to see them in their home country, we are then treated to London (midweek nights), Manchester, Glasgow and a couple in Ireland/Northern Ireland. From a personal point of view, being based in Yorkshire and working, I can't get to London midweek. Glasgow on a Sunday is a similar problem. So Manchester is my only option, and I happen to have a wedding on that day. I know that's a selfish view of things, but come on - 4 locations in the UK?! Hoping they'll add more Manchester dates once this one sells out, but when? They won't play on the Saturday and Sunday because they're due in London on the Monday.

Secondly, as I mentioned at the top of my post, I think they're misguided having a massive production inside. In an ideal world, we'd get an intensive UK/Europe arena tour, where they do a festival-esque setup. I loved watching the festivals lately. It's just song, song, song - bang, bang, bang. No messing about, just pure Muse, and it was great. So do an intensive tour which could visit places like Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheffield, MK, Cardiff, Nottingham and so forth. Charge £40-50ish. Then, do a stadium tour, and have the HUGE production, and charge £70-100 if you have to. People would pay it.

Meh. Just frustrated I guess because it's looking like I won't get there. Maybe I just need a hug.

It strikes me that they're trying to do a show which belongs in a huge stadium in arenas, simply because they can't get H+S clearance for outdoor drones.

I really don't like today's announcement for many reasons.

Firstly, too few UK dates. We've had one last minute small tour with short setlists, and since then we've had to watch them fannying about in South America and at festivals. After waiting almost a year to see them in their home country, we are then treated to London (midweek nights), Manchester, Glasgow and a couple in Ireland/Northern Ireland. From a personal point of view, being based in Yorkshire and working, I can't get to London midweek. Glasgow on a Sunday is a similar problem. So Manchester is my only option, and I happen to have a wedding on that day. I know that's a selfish view of things, but come on - 4 locations in the UK?! Hoping they'll add more Manchester dates once this one sells out, but when? They won't play on the Saturday and Sunday because they're due in London on the Monday.

Secondly, as I mentioned at the top of my post, I think they're misguided having a massive production inside. In an ideal world, we'd get an intensive UK/Europe arena tour, where they do a festival-esque setup. I loved watching the festivals lately. It's just song, song, song - bang, bang, bang. No messing about, just pure Muse, and it was great. So do an intensive tour which could visit places like Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheffield, MK, Cardiff, Nottingham and so forth. Charge £40-50ish. Then, do a stadium tour, and have the HUGE production, and charge £70-100 if you have to. People would pay it.

Meh. Just frustrated I guess because it's looking like I won't get there. Maybe I just need a hug.

They did what you suggested on the BHaR tour. I personally think the arenas will be the peak of the production and then another small-ish tour next autumn in the UK.

Tickets in Lisbon are from 35€ to 50€ (25,6£ to 36,6£ in direct conversion). They're not bad actually :happy: going to buy my ticket ASAP! :D

Cheaper to fly to Lisbon from here and go to that gig, and stay over night than to get the train to London and go to the O2 :LOL:

Wembley 11/9/10, they played 24 songs, including many rare and great tracks, insanely awesome production, 3 class support acts incl biffy clyro, for £50.

A pox on you fools who pay £70 plus for an arena gig.

You're in Japan, doesn't Japan get all the small, cheap gigs full of rarities?

You're in Japan, doesn't Japan get all the small, cheap gigs full of rarities?

CHEAP?!? Japanese gigs and albums are extortionate! Thats WHY they get rare songs and longer albums!

And Im not anymore, not that thats at all relevant to what i said anyway...

CHEAP?!? Japanese gigs and albums are extortionate! Thats WHY they get rare songs and longer albums!

And Im not anymore, not that thats at all relevant to what i said anyway...

Lol, it was just a question. Those gigs looked small and small gigs are usually cheaper.

As for the £70 Arena gigs, people will pay. FOMO.

Wembley 11/9/10, they played 24 songs, including many rare and great tracks, insanely awesome production, 3 class support acts incl biffy clyro, for £50.

A pox on you fools who pay £70 plus for an arena gig.

Seems to be a meme. On the last tour it was more expensive to do GA standing at the O2 than at the Emirates Stadium.

Lol, it was just a question. Those gigs looked small and small gigs are usually cheaper.

As for the £70 Arena gigs, people will pay. FOMO.

Well almost all foreign bands (western) will 2 japanese gigs at most. Tokyo and maybe Osaka, possibly more than one gig in each city.

The small zepp gig 2 years ago was a one off.

For the record, new albums sold in the japanese market are usually around ¥3000. Keeping in mind a rough exchange rate comparison does not take cost of living into account, ¥3000 would get you a 3 hour all you can eat and drink (alcohol) for around 3 hours.

Well almost all foreign bands (western) will 2 japanese gigs at most. Tokyo and maybe Osaka, possibly more than one gig in each city.

The small zepp gig 2 years ago was a one off.

For the record, new albums sold in the japanese market are usually around ¥3000. Keeping in mind a rough exchange rate comparison does not take cost of living into account, ¥3000 would get you a 3 hour all you can eat and drink (alcohol) for around 3 hours.

Hm, well if I compare 3 hours of all you can eat and drink to a night out eating and drinking in the UK, I'd say that would be at least £50 and that for an album is 5 times what we pay.

£71 is ridiculous but the prices have felt ridiculous for a long time to me so I hardly even notice it now, if that makes sense.

I'm sure since the Resistance tour it's been at least £50 for the SECC gigs here, whereas the first time I saw them was also in the SECC and only cost £12.