I thought it was awesome.

The first "YEAH I'M GONNA WIN" sounded fucking great. Sounded like an earlier Matt Bellamy from OOS or something.

And that middle falsetto sounded fantastic! Almost sounded too perfect.

The middle verse vocals weren't that great but they weren't too bad either.

Fuck. It was an awesome over the top performance with the flames, choir, weird dancing, and Matt going crazy on the guitar since he actually wasn't playing.

I figured if it was very terrible, then yeah, I can see why NBC cut it. But... it wasn't that terrible so I'm confused.

I don't know if it has been posted already but this site has the performance in hd

http://deportesar.terra.com.ar/juegos-olimpicos/londres-2012/videos/watch/muse-interpreta-la-cancion-oficial-de-los-juegos-survival-416250

I hope it's available for people outside Argentina, too.

I

I've already seen someone post the Chilean version of the site, it doesn't allow playback outside its region.

The performance was absolutely terrible, I genuinely don't know how people think it was good

Mimed apart from Matt's vocals, which happened to be the worst he's ever done

Everyone was miming. They didn't really have a choice.

Apparently Ray Davies, the marathon ceremony, the Kate Bush bit and The Who were also cut.

Am I the only one not really hearing what's so terrible about Matt's vocals?

He's unusually off-key in a few places and the way he goes into the first falsetto was not a pretty situation. I mean, I'm not sure I would call him worst of the night, but he can do way better, even these days when he's catching flak for his lazy and/or hero vocals or whatever people are on about.

They did what?!? Why? :eek: (I'm a bit late, watching this in mountain time)

Wow, I didn't think it was possible for me to hate NBC any more. They ruined the Olympics for us, and now they cut Muse? :noey:

I think it's weird they chose Muse as the ones to cut. They were playing the official song of the Olympics, and they aren't unknown in the US. They seem more well known than some of the other performers. Edit: although if they cut The Who too, maybe they don't care about that.

Here's an alright quality video if anyone hasn't seen it yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my8j-s5f_Oc

I have to say, it sounds so much better here than on my TV. Much much meatier. And doesn't even sound like Matt sang any notes wrong. Quality of the recording aside. It sounds awesome here. Must have had something to do with poor BBC sound and not Muse's performance at all. So basically it looks to me like BBC fucked it up, probably for all the performers last night.

I waited hours to see Muse, Queen, The Who, and many more. What they did is unforgivable. Even with the thousands of complaints people are sending via Twitter, Facebook, and E-mail, I doubt anything will change. It is really sad that the sponsors come before the viewers but it is a fact of life. More Money+Mad Viewers>Less Money+Happy Fans. :(

Will hate for NBC surpass hate for BBC during Leeds/Reading? It's not like we need a new reason to hate NBC though.

On this board? Probably not.

But BBC managed to piss off a bunch of Musers for a few hours of broadcast.

NBC managed to piss off all of the United States for several weeks.

At least it wasn't just Muse. It was Kate Bush, Ray Davies, and there're an hour or more interruption going on before The Who comes on. Not many people will stay up for that! They should have shown it starting at 7:00, which is what was said initially, not 8:30.

But yeah, they're assholes.

On this board? Probably not.

But BBC managed to piss off a bunch of Musers for a few hours of broadcast.

NBC managed to piss off all of the United States for several weeks.

Ya. It was fun to make fun of NBC whilst I was watching my Olympic coverage live and then if I wanted again in prime time. Canada!

At least it wasn't just Muse. It was Kate Bush, Ray Davies, and there're an hour or more interruption going on before The Who comes on. Not many people will stay up for that! They should have shown it starting at 7:00, which is what was said initially, not 8:30.

But yeah, they're assholes.

I know my Mom gave me ok to just download the whole thing and show it tomorrow. She can't stay up late enough for the whole thing. Those commercials bore the shit out of you too.

Archived