Not really, unless you are lolling at how bad Muse's new songs are compared to their older material.

The Chiefs new songs are brilliant, everyone who know who's heard them agrees.

I really like both Survival and Unsustainable. Both of them could have been better, for sure, but the 2:00 - 3:15 bit in Unsustainable and the 2:50 to the end bit in Survival are among the best things they have ever done.

Btw we're off topic. I wonder if they'll actually play with George Michael tonight

I really like both Survival and Unsustainable. Both of them could have been better, for sure, but the 2:00 - 3:15 bit in Unsustainable and the 2:50 to the end bit in Survival are among the best things they have ever done.

Btw we're off topic. I wonder if they'll actually play with George Michael tonight

Fair enough. I think the middle bit in Unsustainable and guitar riffing in Survival are good but nothing special.

I guess I'm starting to realise that Muse are no longer one of my favourite bands anymore which is strange because they were my favourite for a long time. But now I've discovered there's so much more better music out there. /end rant

If they asked them to mime, could they have answered no?

For an event as big as this, I doubt they'd be able to refuse if they were told to mime and I'd think that if a band as big as The Who were forced to mime then everyone else would be as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, it's only a few more hours away now.

I'm not 100% about that source being trustworthy, read an interviewer with the director for tonight about a day or two ago and he was saying something along the lines of that he wanted everyone to do it live, the thing is a spectacle and has to live up to the opening ceremony, why would he choose to ruin it with lipsyncing?

I've still got my hopes up.

If the opening was live, why wouldn't the closing? We can't be for sure that there are loads of artists playing, nothing is 100% confirmed.

EDIT: Plus with the tech stuff we have nowadays they could easily have quite a few acts and get it done.

if any of you saw The Who perform at the Superbowl here in the US, you'd consider it a favor if they had to mime it.

Muse, on the other hand, would be incredibly upsetting if forced to do something that I don't think they've ever been forced to do before (well, some have tried, and failed, as we all know with matt on drums)

Archived