Some guys in USA (I think) had their albums delivered earlier and first guy leaked it track by track. I think that he put them on mega.co.nz

Yea, that's right and then shared on 4chan and reddit, but what was the first music download boot site to post it? I think it was that site that doesn't use torrents, rather just links to mega files or the like, what's that site called? Anyone know?

I'm still not convinced of the Wake Up/Reapers breakdown being "apocalyptic". Maybe I've been desensitised, but it just doesn't seem powerful enough on Reapers to warrant that description.

In actual heaviness, I agree. In atmosphere and impression, I think it fits the term apocalyptic.

I'm still not convinced of the Wake Up/Reapers breakdown being "apocalyptic". Maybe I've been desensitised, but it just doesn't seem powerful enough on Reapers to warrant that description.

In actual heaviness, I agree. In atmosphere and impression, I think it fits the term apocalyptic.

I wouldn't call it apocalyptic myself. The breakdown/heavy section of The Globalist is more apocalyptic. I'd say Reapers is more chaotic.

I wouldn't call it apocalyptic myself. The breakdown/heavy section of The Globalist is more apocalyptic. I'd say Reapers is more chaotic.

There's no denying the apocalyptic vibes present throughout The Globalist. Excluding perhaps the outro, which feels more reflective and poignant.

Revolt thematically is pretty fitting in its place on the album and I think its title maybe mislead expectations. It's a retrospective song and not about an actual revolt. That rebellion and rage was all in The Handler. By the time Revolt comes the character is already free (Defector couldn't be more obvious in saying that).

This is an old topic I just felt like posting it.

I don't see how it's retrospective if it literally is a present tense call to arms

To me, the intro, verse etc before the heavy part conjures images of a calm, apocalyptic wasteland.

perhaps in a fallout new vegas sort of way :LOL:

but my vision of the apocalypse is something dark and epic and everything pre-heavy part just doesn't give me that feeling. not even the first riff of the heavy part..

I find the album as a whole doesn't really have enough drama and power to warrant "apocalyptic". Bit like This Is War by 30STM- it aims for that territory, but doesn't reach it.

Not sure how you found that conclusion, nothing about the album's main concept is apocalyptic. That's why The Globalist is described as retelling the story with a disastrous ending.

not really. perhaps the second bit of the "heavy part" but that's it.

The part where an apocalypse occurs sounds apocalyptic. Yes.

I wish MK Ultra was on Drones.

Instead of Revolt. Imagine how better the album would be. I'd put it between Reapers and Handler, or after the two, before Defector. Sad.

EDIT: Come to think about it, Revolt belongs to The Resistance, too.

hmm yes I kind of agree with this, I like Revolt but MK Ultra's vibe suits the album better. Oh well, replace in a playlist or something

Also, the bass in this album is fucking on point (took me a while to realise it). Having said that, it's always been the best part of Defector for me

Edited by Citizen Erased #01

The only official info out there is that it was supposed to have been the first single originally (from Chris in a Spanish-speaking interview) but it would have been "weird for the story" and some country's physical copies of Drones had a sticker on them that said "featuring Dead Inside, Mercy and Revolt."

Unless your cousin has other inside info.

There's probably merit to the speculation that the lyric video releases stopped before Revolt, since the band has said they exist for all songs except for Globalist/Drones, so far, and they could be saving it for release.

Tour dates for anywhere would be nice at this point... Quite a lull they've got going on with date announcements.

And MK Ultra isn't nearly as good as it should have been. :noey:

Have you heard it backwards?

It tells you something that I prefer most of the songs of TR backwards.

I wonder what Drones (the song) would sound like backwards?

Double Album. Dark and Heavy on the first side and Light and Happy on the other. Like Opposities

a few of us (including me) have suggested this over the past few months, but the more I think about it, the more I'm coming to the conclusion that they're far too fucking lazy to ever bother doing this. I've given up trying to predict what next albums will be like. Ideally, darker. Like, every song is the Handler, but I expect they think they've done dark on this album so we'll probs get an album of GL, NSC etc about Matt's new girlfriend. I think I prefer that guy when he's miserable as fuck :LOL: on the note of Drones, still growing on me. Superb album (minus Defector, which has regressed in my estimation).