I like some AC/DC songs, but never really got the comparison with Reapers:erm: Maybe just the guitars, but apart from that it doesn't sound anything like AC/DC. For me, at least

Reapers solo is, like, the perfect background soundtrack anytime you're playing to the retro version of Space Invaders.

This is so true is even disturbing :LOL::LOL:

ACDC is just the first band that probably comes to mind when thinking about the "classic rock sound" for a lot of people, myself included. Plus, the band called them to mind by literally posting the Mutt/ACDC connection on their Instagram.

I personally was reminded more of Van Halen at the beginning and RATM at the end.

Weren't parts of The Handler also compared to ACDC?

I felt that Reapers had a bit of a generic sound to the guitar solos, and on record the guitar in the verses sounded odd (and yeah, "video game-y,") the amount of those damn solos was excessive, it's a bit emotionally bereft compared to the rest of the album in delivery, and the different distinct sections of the song don't flow together well.

I still enjoy it a bit from time to time, but it doesn't work well in the album for me.

I always got more of a RATM vibe from it than AC/DC.

I'd say the RatM vibe is only discernible at the very end. That kind of influence is largely missing from the album as a whole (I can't pick out any particularly strong influence on the guitars to be honest). The feel is closer to AC/DC or Metallica's Black Album, even if the riffing isn't.

Reapers

The Handler

Dead Inside

Defector

Psycho/Drones

Revolt

The Globalist

Mercy

Aftermath

I listen to it all the way through, and then sorta tune out after Revolt. Not saying the last part is particularly bad, it just isn't exciting as the first half. I've really grown to love Dead Inside and Revolt, while I've lost interest in Aftermath and Mercy.

Drones is still beautiful, and I get chills listening to it. I love that the album starts with "Revere a million prayers" and ends with "Amen"...its brilliant.

Overall, this album is really good. Its better than The Resistance and The 2nd Law and pretty much on par with Black Holes.

It does sound like AC/DC, that's the first thing many people thought when they posted the instagram video.

Because that one riff is the only part (other than a little bit of the solo) that sounds remotely like AC/DC. It's not really a valid comparison for the entire song.