Do you like Revolt?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Revolt?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No. It's so Revolting!

What do people actually dislike about this song? :erm:. I'm just curious.

For me it's mainly the tempo changes. They're pretty awful. Especially going from verse to chorus

Then there's the obvious crappy lyrics and vocal delivery on certain lines. He sounds like Mika :-/

The guitar sounds shite on this track too which is a shame because it sounds excellent throughout the album

Yes it's catchy, but that doesn't make it a good song. There's been countless crappy pop songs over the years that are very catchy. But do you like them?

It feels like people are now claiming they love the song just because it's stuck in their head all day. I once had "Don't Cha' by Pussycat Dolls stuck in my head for a whole week but that doesn't mean I love it.

I think a lot of people are lying to themselves just because it's Muse. Quite a few people liked Big Freeze initially but now it's universally up there as one of Muse's most disliked songs

isn't your avatar Harry Potter? Not that that undermines your argument or anything

Let's not start on this... :LOL:

If you have read the HP books you'd know that the last 2-3 are not that teenage anymore. It gets quite dark.

On the other hand, I grew up with those books, and no matter how teenage they are, I still love them. I аpproached a bit nostalgically in choosing my avatar.

Let's not start on this... :LOL:

If you have read the HP books you'd know that the last 2-3 are not that teenage anymore. It gets quite dark.

On the other hand, I grew up with those books, and no matter how teenage they are, I still love them. I аpproached a bit nostalgically in choosing my avatar.

Don't worry haha, I like them too :p I'm just poking fun

This track is up there with Rebecca Black's "Friday" for me. Possibly the worst Muse song ever! What the fuck is up with the guitar in the pre chorus tempo change? Ugh

I can't believe Chris, Dom and Mutt didn't stop Matt!

And yet Matt's still to this day bitching about Fury... and I assume they still vote on stuff, because, well they recently said they did.

And yet Matt's still to this day bitching about Fury... and I assume they still vote on stuff, because, well they recently said they did.

If you watch the Absolution making of though, it says they had over 20 songs recorded I think. Many becoming b-sides. Don't think they had anything to vote on this time round...but the rest of the band could've spoken up and maybe changed some of the aspects of the song.

I think there's an ok song in Revolt somewhere.

This track is up there with Rebecca Black's "Friday" for me. Possibly the worst Muse song ever! What the fuck is up with the guitar in the pre chorus tempo change? Ugh

I can't believe Chris, Dom and Mutt didn't stop Matt!

HAHA yup completely agree.

I initially said "maybe" on this poll, and after multiple listens, it still hasn't changed! I agree with what people have said about how a song being catchy doesn't actually mean you like it/it's good. For me, this song is extremely cringe-worthy, but I actually have fun when I listen to it.

Some of their past cheese-fest songs (like Big Freeze and GL) were also cringe-worthy, but I also didn't get any enjoyment listening to them.

So basically, it is definitely lacking in quality, and I don't think I can call it a "good" song, but I also can't say that I hate it, exactly... I have a weird relationship with this song :LOL:

Look at the photo. It lists "Revolt" alongside all of the other singles. This is how we found out about Mercy being the next single a while ago.

No, I know. That's my reaction of it being a single instead of Aftermath/Defector :(