2015.05.16 KROQ Weenie Roast, Irvine, CA

JessicaSarahS

Wish there were more outdoor amphitheatres in the UK like this, looks like quite a different experience to normal gigs (and better views than at arenas by the looks of things). I guess the closest thing we have to it is the Scarborough open air theatre, but it looks pretty shitty to be honest.

GA looks to be 180.00$ with fees, damn. So is this a festival type thing? Where I'll have to stand in the sun all day to get close to the stage?

Well, the pit is fairly small. But you'll have to wait through a bunch of bands.

Here's my photo from another show with the pit visible.

3557150173_19220328b8_z.jpg

Link to larger image: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3306/3557150173_755acee0ee_o.jpg

Wish there were more outdoor amphitheatres in the UK like this, looks like quite a different experience to normal gigs (and better views than at arenas by the looks of things). I guess the closest thing we have to it is the Scarborough open air theatre, but it looks pretty shitty to be honest.

I don't like this venue at all. I wish KROQ would host this somewhere else. :noey:

Edited by JessicaSarahS

GA looks to be 180.00$ with fees, damn. So is this a festival type thing? Where I'll have to stand in the sun all day to get close to the stage?

Yeeeep, GA is pretty small though, plus KROQ will undoubtedly save some tickets for contests. I'm thinking GA tickets will be tough to get

Yeeeep, GA is pretty small though, plus KROQ will undoubtedly save some tickets for contests. I'm thinking GA tickets will be tough to get

People don't tend to drop that kind of money for one specific band so I'm not expecting the GA to be any "tougher" to get than any other festivals. There's no comparison between this and a club gig though in terms of how much easier it will be this time around.

dafuq

pretty sure that's not gonna happen :(

I think they'll have a rotating stage for this. That's how they get through so many artists at Almost Acoustic Christmas :LOL:

I don't see why it wouldn't happen, Muse is headlining. If they play anything less than 15 songs it wouldn't make much sense.

I don't see why it wouldn't happen, Muse is headlining. If they play anything less than 15 songs it wouldn't make much sense.

Headliners at these radio station fests usually play 9-12 songs. It would be great if Muse did 15, but I wouldn't count on it. Just the way it is.

What do you guys expect the setlists to look like then?

1. Psycho

2. Dead Inside

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

7. ???

8. ???

9. ???

10. ???

11. ???

12. Reapers

I looked at some older Weenie Roast lineups and yeah, it's between 9-12 for headliners. I really don't think Muse would be on the short side of that range though. I'm also anticipating by this point that Muse will have at least one more song debuted, given the other 3 US dates before.

I'm gonna try and get orchestra for this one, cos $180 per ticket is way too much for me. Can someone explain a rotating stage to me? I saw someone post about it and Almost acoustic Xmas.

It's not something that will literally rotate, but rather just that the acts will hop on and off one stage. Just like Coachella.

I find it interesting that some people here are :eek: excited about the lineup and venue, while some of us jaded Cali folks are more meh about it.

Correction: jaded southern Cali folks. :p

I've not been to this venue before and thanks to the pic Jessica posted I'm tempted to try for something between the lawn and the pit since it seems you can get a good view from the seats.

$100+ isn't such a bad price considering that, on that line-up, I listen to Muse, Florence, Panic! and Death Cab with semi-regularity. So for just those 4, it breaks down to about $25 per act. Plus there's the other bands that I like the couple songs of theirs that get played on Live 105.3, so the rest of the cost is getting to hear those songs (and get exposed to more).

Edited by Killer Rabbit

Well, the pit is fairly small. But you'll have to wait through a bunch of bands.

Here's my photo from another show with the pit visible.

3557150173_19220328b8_z.jpg

Link to larger image: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3306/3557150173_755acee0ee_o.jpg

I don't like this venue at all. I wish KROQ would host this somewhere else. :noey:

I feel like us pit goers are being trolled, looks quite small and gonna be hard to get tix, uggh

It's not something that will literally rotate, but rather just that the acts will hop on and off one stage. Just like Coachella.

no it's literally a rotating stage lol. one act plays then when they finish, the stage rotates and another band appears on the "other side" of the curtain/wall. that way no time is wasted on setting up between acts.

Correction: jaded southern Cali folks. :p

what about Jessica and Kueller? :phu: jk I know it's just me who's jaded.

no it's literally a rotating stage lol. one act plays then when they finish, the stage rotates and another band appears on the "other side" of the curtain/wall. that way no time is wasted on setting up between acts.

what about Jessica and Kueller? :phu: jk I know it's just me who's jaded.

As you can see in the photo the stage will not rotate, unlike at Almost Acoustic

Yeah I don't think the stage itself is big enough to support a rotating stage.

Ugh, I really want to see Muse but I don't really enjoy the other acts on the bill except for Florence + The Machine, guess i'll just wait for the fall.

I am just more cynical cause it isn't cheap, will be a shorter set, and the fact there's a special gig right before and that it's a radio concert even lessens the chance of anything special being played during that time.

My logic is either now or wait till spring 2016 or later. Makes the choice easy for me. Both.

I don't know if I should try to go for this... It's expensive, and like people have said, I doubt there will be anything special on the setlist.

For a kroq fest, I think the following are musts:

TIRO

Hysteria

SMBH

Starlight

Knights

Uprising

Madness

Dead Inside

Psycho

The last two I'll hear on the proper tour and will be better as part of Muse's show. I could see the remaining one or two spots on the list going to UD and Resistance too.