2015.05.16 KROQ Weenie Roast, Irvine, CA

JessicaSarahS

I don't know if I should try to go for this... It's expensive, and like people have said, I doubt there will be anything special on the setlist.

For a kroq fest, I think the following are musts:

TIRO

Hysteria

SMBH

Starlight

Knights

Uprising

Madness

Dead Inside

Psycho

The last two I'll hear on the proper tour and will be better as part of Muse's show. I could see the remaining one or two spots on the list going to UD and Resistance too.

Such hope. They won't literally play every single of theirs there. My guess is:

1. Psycho

2. Dead Inside

3. SMBH

4. Madness

5. Hysteria or TiRO

6. Starlight or Bliss

7. Map or PiB

8. Uprising

9. Stockholm Syndrome or Assassin

10. (New Song) or Animals

11. Reapers

They won't literally play every single of theirs there.

They might! I could see Reapers or even PiB sneaking in there. Maybe SS. No way Bliss or Animals make it though.

Still a lot to pay for two non-singles. I mean I might still go because I'm a hopeless fanboy but I'm not expecting much.

They might! I could see Reapers or even PiB sneaking in there. Maybe SS. No way Bliss or Animals make it though.

Still a lot to pay for two non-singles. I mean I might still go because I'm a hopeless fanboy but I'm not expecting much.

I threw Bliss in there because of deep-rooted hopes they'll axe Starlight or Madness for this. I think Starlight is more likely to go than Madness for obvious reasons, but to be fair we don't have a clue how these things are going to be structured since this is going to be the first "general public" type mass-crowd appeal gig they'll be doing this year.

Well, the pit is fairly small. But you'll have to wait through a bunch of bands.

Here's my photo from another show with the pit visible.

3557150173_19220328b8_z.jpg

Link to larger image: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3306/3557150173_755acee0ee_o.jpg

I don't like this venue at all. I wish KROQ would host this somewhere else. :noey:

I hear you, never been a fan of Irvine Meadows Amp! The lawn area is tremendously steep like on the side of a mountain. Get your Billy Goat boots on, your going to need them! Thank you baby Jesus I got tickets to the Mayan show

Same here. I'm still going to go, but my expectations are super low and it's most likely going to be a casual friendly set.

I hear you, never been a fan of Irvine Meadows Amp! The lawn area is tremendously steep like on the side of a mountain. Get your Billy Goat boots on, your going to need them! Thank you baby Jesus I got tickets to the Mayan show

Ahahaha, yes!! Even the climb up to get into the venue is a bit funny. :noey:

Edited by JessicaSarahS

My logic is either now or wait till spring 2016 or later. Makes the choice easy for me. Both.

I think it's just I've seen enough of the standard songs. I won't lose much sleep over losing more. I will however hate myself if they do bring a special song in there and I would have actually been able to get tickets.

I've been considering (for the past 2 tours but maybe for reals this time) to do a Europe travel for one of the big summer gigs there, and that's a big option to plan. The 360 stage possibility just makes it more conflicting.

I think it's just I've seen enough of the standard songs. I won't lose much sleep over losing more. I will however hate myself if they do bring a special song in there and I would have actually been able to get tickets.

I've been considering (for the past 2 tours but maybe for reals this time) to do a Europe travel for one of the big summer gigs there, and that's a big option to plan. The 360 stage possibility just makes it more conflicting.

Going to a big arena gig in the UK has been my goal for several years now, but I don't have any friends that like muse enough to want to save up for something like that, and I'm scared of traveling alone

Going to a big arena gig in the UK has been my goal for several years now, but I don't have any friends that like muse enough to want to save up for something like that, and I'm scared of traveling alone

I was inches away from getting a ticket to see the Olympics Opening Ceremony just for them but it was like 1000 quid so lol I passed and scalped a gold medal football match ticket instead (Mexico v. Brasil)

what about Jessica and Kueller? :phu: jk I know it's just me who's jaded.

We're Musers getting excited about a gig and are anxious about scoring tickets, figuring out costs and transport, etc. I think we're all jaded from our previous experiences, but we keep coming back time and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

If I do end up getting a ticket and going to this it will be 2 years, 3 and a half months since I last saw Muse in concert. :eek:

Edited by Killer Rabbit

I think I might try going for loge tickets, they're pricey but I get Muse and Florence, plus other bands which I like casually. I'm not expecting anything great for the setlist but it will help me get over my depression over not going to the Mayan. Plus a friend is up for going with me so it'll be a good time overall.

I was inches away from getting a ticket to see the Olympics Opening Ceremony just for them but it was like 1000 quid so lol I passed and scalped a gold medal football match ticket instead (Mexico v. Brasil)

Now that was a once in a lifetime opportunity :LOL:

I have a soft spot for Irvine Meadows, as it was the venue for my first Cure show and the only place I got to see The Beastie Boys. Also because of the steepness, the views are great. Still, the Greek is superior in every way. Is parking still free?

I'm going to aim for Terrace tickets, cheap but not lawn. I'm excited for Muse (obviously), Florence (who was transcendent Weekend 1 of Coachella), Of Monsters and Men, Death Cab and Saint Motel (who were a ton of fun at Coachella and had showgirls).

Point of advice, make sure you are trying via the website and app as one is usually easier than the other.

Just flipping through this thread and seeing questions that I felt the need to answer. Some have already answered some of the questions anyway, but here's a general "all in one place" reply:

Is this a festival? What's the event like?

It's a festival that does not have conflicts. The event typically starts around 2 and is broken up into two parts. The first five or six acts appear on a side stage area that is all GA and consists of two stages next to each other. Act 1 appears on Stage A. When they're done, Act 2 appears on Stage B immediately. When they're done, Act 3 appears on Stage A. And so on.

The remaining acts appear in the actual amphitheater. There is a rotating turntable on top of the stage, so when one act is done, the turntable rotates, and the next act comes on. There are basically no gaps, except for a brief break to allow people to get from the Side Stage area to the Amphitheater.

How early do I have to get there to get good GA Pit spots??

Someone posted a picture earlier, but the pit is small. So let me say this now: DO NOT EXPECT TO GET PIT. KROQ will have reserved a bunch of spots, and it's tiny, and there are not a lot of tickets. Just getting that out of the way.

If you ARE fortunate enough to get pit and you want to get front and center, then you're going to have to skip the Side Stage acts and just go there immediately. But since Pit is so small, even if you're not at railing, you've still got a pretty good spot.

It should be easy to get tickets for this, right?

Again, tempering expectations. It's a huge venue, but when I tried to get tickets last year, I actually completely failed. Part of this is because I went for 4, and I got a terrible spot the first try, relinquished my tickets, and then never was able to get any again. And I didn't want the Lawn.

Lesson: If you want seats and you get tickets, take them. This event will sell out quickly. If you are totally cool with Lawn, then you don't have to sweat as much. Just log on at 12, select LAWN, and you shouldn't have any problems getting tickets. But for everyone else, just be forewarned.

Well, actually, single tickets should also probably not be too hard to get either.

How's the Lawn?

Far. Really, really far. And steep up. The sound definitely won't be as great.

But also rowdy and a great atmosphere if you like hardcore fans. The Lawn will also be where the moshers are, because those who can afford Pit are also probably those who don't care to mosh. I've been in the Lawn for KROQ's punk venues, and fires are lit, giant circle pits formed, and all out hooligan-ry breaking out. It's definitely an interesting atmosphere.

How long will Muse play?

Expect one hour. They will headline, but everyone gets short sets here. The first acts get 20-25 minutes each, and that slowly goes to 30-35 minutes. The second and third to last acts might get 45 minutes or so.

What will they play? Rarities??

Don't expect it. Like, really, don't. Expect radio plays and a couple of radio rarities, but don't expect Showbiz stuff or like Dead Star.

Here's what Muse has played at KROQ's Acoustic Christmas shows:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2009/gibson-amphitheatre-universal-city-ca-53d713c1.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2007/gibson-amphitheatre-universal-city-ca-53d65f55.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2004/universal-amphitheatre-universal-city-ca-7bd7a64c.html

Also, Muse's setlists for Inland Invasion, which was another outdoor festival KROQ used to do:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/hyundai-pavilion-san-bernardino-ca-3bd7b47c.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2004/hyundai-pavilion-san-bernardino-ca-63d7a627.html

Edited by Corkscrewed

What will they play? Rarities??

Don't expect it. Like, really, don't. Expect radio plays and a couple of radio rarities, but don't expect Showbiz stuff or like Dead Star.

Here's what Muse has played at KROQ's Acoustic Christmas shows:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2009/gibson-amphitheatre-universal-city-ca-53d713c1.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2007/gibson-amphitheatre-universal-city-ca-53d65f55.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2004/universal-amphitheatre-universal-city-ca-7bd7a64c.html

Also, Muse's setlists for Inland Invasion, which is Weenie Roast's predecessor:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/hyundai-pavilion-san-bernardino-ca-3bd7b47c.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2004/hyundai-pavilion-san-bernardino-ca-63d7a627.html

Great post, but one minor correction, Inland Invasion was a separate show than Weenie Roast. It started in the early 2000s where as Weenie Roast started in the '90s. It was held in August/September in "Hell on Earth" AKA Glen Halen Pavilion in Devore. It started as a retro show, lots of '80s bands. The year I went The Cure and Duran Duran were the headliners.

According to the founder of Muse France who met Matt with video proof, Muse will be doing the same thing they did with the Psycho UK tour in terms of rarities except in the US, mainly with Absolution. He said Apocalypse Please will definitely be played, and Matt smiled and didn't respond when he asked about The Small Print.