yeh my favourite kit of dom's was the blue sparkle he used at the trabendo 2003 gigs! LOVED the snare sound off hullabaloo too with his black beauty, so much so i got the same snare now! its freaking sweet! :happy:

yeh i hope he doesnt have the same acrylic kit as before...it seems to be quite an event when he gets a new set-up!! :LOL:

Oooh, I loved the chrome one. I saw it for the first time at the gig I went to back in the day, and I don't think I've ever been that excited at the sight of a drum kit :LOL:

Hopefully Dom will get a new one for the upcoming tour, and it'd be strange if he didn't. Somehow I think he might be using more toms this time, at least USoE sounded like it had more than three in it.

O Somehow I think he might be using more toms this time, at least USoE sounded like it had more than three in it.

nah it wont ;)

USoE can be played on the 3 toms

He'll still have his gong bass too just in case! lol

The snares and the resonant head of my snare broke so, it sounds like a tom. Leaving me with 3 toms!

But really I have a 12 inch tom and a 16 inch floor tom and it's still plenty of fun playing USoE :D

Aughh, my kit is so crappy, its taken so much abuse over the years. I have a bunch of mismatching hardware. Snare, 12 tom, and bass are missing resonant heads. Bass drum "leg" mounts are broken(the wood). Im missing a bunch of screws for the hoops.

Still plenty of fun to play! Would like a snare WITH snares though :p

• 3 weeks later...

New kit info:

Manufacturer:DW

Shock horror! Will this be a Teignmouth "one-off" like the black Bubinga kit was or the Wembley Gretsch?

Configuration:

Looks the same - 1 up 2 down, still got the gong bass

But new for 2009,,,A TAMBOURINE! Oh yes! Mounted directly underneath the ribbon crasher.

Finish:

Gold Sparkle

First impressions

Looks alright.....though not as good as the acrylics or chrome kits!

-------------------------------------------

5.jpg

3893947686_aabd1bc15c_b.jpg

Pretty boring after the chrome/acrylic kits. Also, I much prefer the Starclassic lugs and die cast hoops. Hopefully it's only a temporary kit and he'll reveal the real thing at the start of the tour.

Shock horror! Will this be a Teignmouth "one-off" like the black Bubinga kit was or the Wembley Gretsch?

Fixed!

:eek: Yeh i hope its a one off too! The reason i love tama drums as much as i do, is because Dom got me into them! i love the way they look with the die-cast hoops and agree the lugs are nicer too! :LOL:

I dont know though, if you go onto http://www.musedrums.co.uk and scroll down to the video where dom is giving Zane Lowe a tour of their live room, he says that the white DW kit he used to record the resistance is the first kit he bought when they got signed and he was thinking about new drums for the tour and had them in mind! :unsure:

hmmmm, either way, they sound very nice! :rolleyes:

At teinmouth he was using his usual set up of Tama starclassic maple (dont know why he didnt use the acrylic one but meh) and zildjan k custom cymbals. Plus there was a secondary drummer who helped emphasise the toms on uprising but then went back to playing other back up instruments, anyway i dont know what kit he had cos they didnt show him much

okay i guess i was wrong after reading above threads lol, i just guessed it was his old maple starclassic.

Mogan indeed has a snare and floor toms to beef up Uprising. Is there anything he CANT do!!?!?!

The kit he used at Teignmouth was a DW (not a Tama) and yeah, i recon this is his new kit for the tour as it was used in Paris last night too.

Wonder whats happened to his contract...maybe he just wanted a change? Or maybe Tama went "'ang on a minute! You used a gretsch at wembley! fuck your kits!"

Now does this mean he'll be using DW pedals, stands and stool now?

domkit.jpg

I still think Dom chose to use DW's for the tour because he used the white DW to record the new album with, which he says in the zane lowe 'studio tour' video was the first kit he bought when they were signed. :)

So maybe he's going back to his roots! :LOL: and also having a play around with different brands! theres also pictures of him using a red and blue DW kit to record origin so i think he probably just likes DW quite a bit!

I noticed he also has all DW cymbal stands too so yeh he'll probably have the stool and pedals to match! just cos he can!

Jammy git! :mad::LOL:

OOMPH!

vma09muse16948917.jpg

ANOTHER New kit - still a DW

Im assuming that the gold sparkle was a temp job from DW until this new one was finished?

Or maybe THIS is a one-off?

We shall see!

Maybe the Gold one is European stock whilst the "wallpaper" one is USA?

Watch this space! lol

WOW! :) that kit looks sooo 'granny-chiq' !!! :LOL: but at the same time, pretty damn awesome. Dom's probably the only one that can pull off that look without looking like a tit! :)

yeh i reckon this'll be his tour one...i mean look at all the effort thats gone into it!! :)

he's deffo a DW endorser now then i suppose!

OOMPH!

vma09muse16948917.jpg

ANOTHER New kit - still a DW

Im assuming that the gold sparkle was a temp job from DW until this new one was finished?

Or maybe THIS is a one-off?

We shall see!

Maybe the Gold one is European stock whilst the "wallpaper" one is USA?

Watch this space! lol

Twitter Blog just says "Dom's new kit look"

http://twitpic.com/hmfdj

I thought the "Gold" kit was his oringial recording kit being used for a one off?