• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is he not on here anymore? I haven't been a regular on here in probably 4-5 years, but I used to enjoy talking with him drummer to drummer!

Maybe I should get back into posting on here more often, I've really started looking at Dom's drumming in a whole new way, and the drumming on Muse songs just fit so perfectly.

Is he not on here anymore? I haven't been a regular on here in probably 4-5 years, but I used to enjoy talking with him drummer to drummer!

Maybe I should get back into posting on here more often, I've really started looking at Dom's drumming in a whole new way, and the drumming on Muse songs just fit so perfectly.

He hasn't really posted on here for a few years now...although now and again he randomly pops up, seen him in Muse in the Media a couple of times I think...

• 1 year later...

Planning on purchasing a new set soon. Have enjoyed Dom's snare sound since the resistance tour; a 14x6.5 Aluminum DW snare. I realize a trigger is also used on his snare for various songs but wasn't sure if this trigger was in constant use during a live gig?

Have had some recommendations to get a Black Nickle over Brass 14x6.5 DW instead of the Aluminum.

I enjoy the sounds of both snares but wanted to know more about Dom's trigger and how that may potentially affect the sound of his snare?

Swear there's fuck all drummers on here anymore?

I dunno, I've always assumed the trigger was just on stuff like SMBH and Dead Inside etc

Snare triggers are definitely used on SMBH. Not sure about Dead Inside. I'm convinced that Dom uses triggers on his toms although it might be just the way the drums are mic'd up.

I'm convinced that Dom uses triggers on his toms although it might be just the way the drums are mic'd up.

I only see one on his snare here, though we know he uses one on his middle tom for the shaker sound in SMBH too. There usually is one on his bass as well.

I'm not positive on his snare, I sometimes think his trigger is in use on every snare hit, every song.

Dronesdrums.jpg.adb49a6dd23088f965b8d74ce495db8e.jpg