haha wrong configuration! If there was an extra tom then maybe! :p

yeh its like drags on the snare. both hands are on the snare throughout - just accented notes make the louder snare hits (if you know what i mean - im no drum tutor! haha)

and in sunburn its ghost notes as its quieter notes played with the same hand whilst the other is on the hi hat.

:)

Okies, cool thanks... lol I just knew Adam would have the answer! :D But cheers, makes more sense now!

n00bs these days. Can't live with em, can't kill them all.

Better not be referring to me :mad: ... you were a n00b too at some point :phu:

lolwut :rolleyes:

*exits K&T sharpish*

oh and thanks for merging mods!

Okies, cool thanks... lol I just knew Adam would have the answer! :D But cheers, makes more sense now!

Better not be referring to me :mad: ... you were a n00b too at some point :phu:

lolwut :rolleyes:

*exits K&T sharpish*

oh and thanks for merging mods!

You're not a n00b :p

• 5 weeks later...
yeh!!

I think it's meant to have been common knowledge for quite a while.

At a gig i played the other week (when the anatomyofguns was playing as well) there was someone who had his drums set up left handed but played right handed. Was a bit weird.

I think it's meant to have been common knowledge for quite a while.

WAT?!?!?

I'd quite like to have my hats on the right, but I would want one of those fancy extendo pedals to control it from the left hand side. Waaaay too expensive.

WAT?!?!?

I'd quite like to have my hats on the right, but I would want one of those fancy extendo pedals to control it from the left hand side. Waaaay too expensive.

why dya want that?!?! :confused:

Are you right or left handed?

Right handed, the hi hats go on your left

Left handed (like Dom) the hi hats go on your right.

If youre right handed and want the hi hats on your right, youre going to have to either learn to play left handed (which for you will be backwards) or play open armed

either way you will be weird by doing that! :p

If youre right handed and want the hi hats on your right, youre going to have to either learn to play left handed (which for you will be backwards) or play open armed

Heh, thanks for the explaination of the convention there. I'm right handed but like to play "open handed".

Christoph Schneider has left and right Hi-Hats, doesn't make him weird (being a member of Rammstein does :p)

Cheddatom, why do you want your hi-hats on your right? Is it for a specific reason? Or just to look different? Either way, as ADAM said, you'd need to learn to play Lefty or Open.

Christoph Schneider has left and right Hi-Hats, doesn't make him weird (being a member of Rammstein does :p)

Thats a completely different thing altogether!

Having two is fine, lots of drummers have them and yeah, most of the time theyre for double bass.

what my point is, is the awkwardness. Just play them on the side that corresponds to your "strong arm" like normal! lol

Cheddatom, why do you want your hi-hats on your right? Is it for a specific reason? Or just to look different? Either way, as ADAM said, you'd need to learn to play Lefty or Open.

Heh, thanks for the explaination of the convention there. I'm right handed but like to play "open handed".

There's something about my username that makes me seem stupid isn't there.

Speakin as a lefty, im pretty sick of the reception and bad reputation lefties get when playin gigs! its soooo annoying when i have to tell the people doing the sound, so ive got pretty used to the "Oh for god sakes!" and such! haha! :D but its their fuckin job so MEHHH! :phu:

i started playin lefty just naturally self taught about 6 years ago and when having lessons, my drum teacher used to get me to play right handed and it just wouldnt happen! :LOL:

its not unnatural or anything!lol! :rolleyes: