Colourful?! I have no idea which sticks you mean, but i wanna know!

Im talking about them black ones made of fucking steel or something. Metallicas and Slipknots drummers use them.

Joey Jordison of Slipknot has his own sig sticks, Lars Ulrich also has very similar sticks but are a different size. I bought them like 4 years ago and they made my drums cry :(

Colourful?! I have no idea which sticks you mean, but i wanna know!

Im talking about them black ones made of fucking steel or something. Metallicas and Slipknots drummers use them.

oh the carbon ones

DONT use them

you will break your wrists AND your cymbals

Wooden sticks absorb the energy...carbon doesnt so all teh shockwaves goes into your cymbals or bones.

AVOID

oh the carbon ones

DONT use them

Wooden sticks absorb the energy...carbon doesnt so all teh shockwaves goes into your cymbals or bones.

AVOID

Actually I'm pretty sure the sticks Toff is talking about are the ones made of metal or something and you put a plastic cover on them to prevent breaking your cymbals, but they'd probably still be pretty bad for your hands.

oh the carbon ones

DONT use them

AVOID

Not true. I've been using them for years, and neither my wrists nor my cymbals have taken any damage.

• 2 weeks later...
I have decided that Youtube can go and die on it's ass.

All these stupid copyright claims....all the morons who post comments....the videos are low quality and they fuck up the sync of the audio.

SO...

http://www.vimeo.com/3924948

VIMEO for the win!

Enjoy!

Omg awesome!!

god I want to see Industry play Milton Keynes or anywhere remotely near now just for the drumming :LOL:

haha get a promoter to book us! :D

Starlight AND Tutorial!!!: http://www.vimeo.com/3987296

:D

haha I tried and got nowhere, I think i'll just give up and wait until i leave for uni next year more up north :LOL:

I really need to be taking down notes though :LOL: i'm gonna start playing drums at some point over the summer when I can afford a kit/cymbals i think.. enough of not getting round to it since like god knows.. 2004? :LOL:

Edited by Antipathy

Wahey I jacked a snare drum from school and I think it sounds a-maze-in.

http://ia331415.us.archive.org/2/items/DrumStuff/drumdemo.mp3

They stopped using it since the snare was broken but a quick fix with a piece of paper and it's MINE.

I'm a little rusty, as you might be able to tell from the clip. And I just set it up differently so I keep hitting the rims. -_- But yeah... just wanted to share the snare sound. =)

edit: hell yeah--I upgraded from the temporary fix of some paper to, essentially, gum and a random screw I found in my garage. Now it's fully functional and I use the throw-off and adjust the tension. :happy:

Edited by alyssa_

• 5 weeks later...

I can't seem to work out how Dom keeps the 'rattle/roll' effect going on the snare drum during Twin... it's prob a simple enough technique, but what is he doing exactly to keep the roll going? Is it a ghost note? Or to do with how to hold the sticks? Lol I'm a tad confused as you can see! :unsure:

(I have wondered the same thing about the drumming during the verses of Sunburn).

Soz, still new to drumming, pls don't flame me kthx :)!

I think ADAM should buy it really :D

that would make for some really epic covers

haha wrong configuration! If there was an extra tom then maybe! :p

I can't seem to work out how Dom keeps the 'rattle/roll' effect going on the snare drum during Twin... it's prob a simple enough technique, but what is he doing exactly to keep the roll going? Is it a ghost note? Or to do with how to hold the sticks? Lol I'm a tad confused as you can see! :unsure:

(I have wondered the same thing about the drumming during the verses of Sunburn).

Soz, still new to drumming, pls don't flame me kthx :)!

yeh its like drags on the snare. both hands are on the snare throughout - just accented notes make the louder snare hits (if you know what i mean - im no drum tutor! haha)

and in sunburn its ghost notes as its quieter notes played with the same hand whilst the other is on the hi hat.

:)