As far as I know he's never really used Tama drums for the recording though, so those pictures don't really tell us anything.

What? These pictures are from the official Muse twitter page and are taken from the recording studio.

What? These pictures are from the official Muse twitter page and are taken from the recording studio.

They seem to be DWs though as far as I can tell, and he's going to be using Tamas again live, isn't he? So my point is that these pictures don't give us a clue about his next live kit :)

hmmm, yeh, any thoughts about the new set-up?? i wonder what he can do next?? haha! or whether his kit will fit in with the theme of the stage show which it most definately will do i guess! :)

see through and white for BH&R..... industial-esque chrome and black during absolution.........hmmmm! :D

probably wont know until the album comes out then we can sorta look at the themes that run thru it! will be all the typical muse conspiracies and such most likely again! :LOL:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, but I can't bothered to waste a week or so to read 192 pages of this thread.:LOL:

I was watching HAARP and looking through musewiki and musedrums, and I'm struggling to work out the sizes. I'm pretty sure the floor toms are 14"x12" and 16"x14"(or 13"). The Rack Tom is 12" but I'm not sure on the depth (think it's 8" or 9").

The drum I'm mainly having problems with is the bass drum. According to Musewiki it's 24"x18" and according to Muse Drums it's 22"x20". I watched HAARP and it didn't think it looked big enough or shallow enough to be a 24"x18".

Anywayz, help would be appreciated,

Thanks

DeadOfKnight

Sorry, but I can't bothered to waste a week or so to read 192 pages of this thread.:LOL:

I was watching HAARP and looking through musewiki and musedrums, and I'm struggling to work out the sizes. I'm pretty sure the floor toms are 14"x12" and 16"x14"(or 13"). The Rack Tom is 12" but I'm not sure on the depth (think it's 8" or 9").

The drum I'm mainly having problems with is the bass drum. According to Musewiki it's 24"x18" and according to Muse Drums it's 22"x20". I watched HAARP and it didn't think it looked big enough or shallow enough to be a 24"x18".

Anywayz, help would be appreciated,

Thanks

DeadOfKnight

Thats what I thought...

So when i was researching the sizes for musedrums, i went to a tama forum, and it gave the dimensions for the Crystal Ice Star Classic Mirages which they were being produced to. I since put those dimensions on the site.

Now I know that the gong bass was custom made for him, but would the whole kit be custom made? :confused:

I assumed not and so went with the sizes that they were manufactured.

This is all unconfirmed though...nothing has been officially released regarding the sizes of his kit...for all we know he could have had his whole kit custom made! lol :LOL:

But as you said, looking at it seems too small to be a 24" kick so I think musedrums are more accurate...

Edited by ADAM

8fd0d60b-8e69-41bc-aa9d-9b9cf5fee502.jpg

Found this Image, and I have to admit contrary to the DVD that looks more like a 24"x18" than a 22"x20". Just a thought

Keep Posting,

DeadOfKnight

this is true

although i just did a highly accurate experiment on this image! :D

We all know that the ride is 22"...

Go and find a standard business card and youll notice that the short length of the business card is exactly the same length as the ride cymbal (when you hold the business card against the screen!)

Now using the fact that the business cards short side length is now 22"....rotate that against the bass drum and youll see that the bass drum is exactly the same height as the business card

thus making it a 22" bass

hmmmmm

hmmm, yeh, id go with that theory judging by adams previous predictions and stuff in this way and usually coming out trumps! :)

haha!

i really want to know what direction the stage set-up and look will go in, now the artwork has come out! AND more inportantly what Dom's kit will be! :happy:

this is true

although i just did a highly accurate experiment on this image! :D

We all know that the ride is 22"...

Go and find a standard business card and youll notice that the short length of the business card is exactly the same length as the ride cymbal (when you hold the business card against the screen!)

Now using the fact that the business cards short side length is now 22"....rotate that against the bass drum and youll see that the bass drum is exactly the same height as the business card

thus making it a 22" bass

hmmmmm

Yeah, but the bass drum is further away. By the same token the 22" ride looks near equal to the 19" Crash :p when we know it isn't. :LOL:

Yeah, but the bass drum is further away. By the same token the 22" ride looks near equal to the 19" Crash :p when we know it isn't. :LOL:

hahaha

touché! :LOL:

BUT the ride is halfway over the bass drum so although the china is the same scientific width as the ride...it is a hell of a lot closer than the ride over the bass drum at an almost parallel angle! haha :LOL:

But yeah, I'm not 100% sure...

Edited by ADAM

• 2 weeks later...

I realise this might be old news, but has Dom gotten rid of his Double pedal? I was watching the Stockholm Syndrome you get from the pre-order and there was a decent shot from behind his kit and I could only see one pedal head(don't know the technical term) Is it just my fail eyesight or is he now using just a single pedal?

yeh, just for the intro of cave he needed it! and well they havnt played that for years either!

does anyone else think he's gunna just keep the acrylic kit for the new tour?? :rolleyes:

I knew he never needed it except for Cave (and even then it was hardly needed), I just never realised he got rid of it :LOL::facepalm: