Tbf when you display your badge of lefty pride, you should at least be polite enough to do it for them.

Anyway, whos too lazy to spend a minute moving a few drums around. lazy sound cunts!

yeh a lot of them are arseholes! there are a handful of guys that are ok though! :)

Our band Ezra entered the surface unsigned festival and at the first round at the Flapper and firkin in Brum we arrived first to soundcheck.

I told the guy doing the sound that i was left handed and i'd have to swap everything around just to go through a couple of songs and he just said "Yeah, go ahead then!" so i did! with a look like this :eek: on my face in shock at his laidback-ness!! :LOL:

He even made us a mix of our live set on CD and stuff which was niiiice! :D supposedly the guy that night, Mike i think his name was is one of the most sought after sound engineers around the area so thinkin about it it does help a lot if the sound people are flexible and arent arseholes! :rolleyes:

there is a stereotypical soundman, and he's a complete arsehole. I would say 65% of the soundmen i've met in my years of gigging conform to that stereotype.

Ours are usually ok, just incompetent/too stoned :facepalm:

Playing at a big(ish) festival was an eye-opener - people set our gear up for us and no-one batted an eyelid at our stageplot/input list ! :awesome:

Edit: Oh yeah, left-handed drummers are cunts - wastes so much time between bands :mad:

Mind you, anyone who needs eleventy billion toms and more than a couple of cymbals is also a bellend :LOL:

Piss off! W're not cunts mate! thats a bit extreme!lol, people are just lazy these days and huff and puff at having to swap a kit around! itsno big deal to be fair! :rolleyes:

is Dom a proper cunt then?? :eek:

It's not the effort, it's that you can't really set much else up till the kit is sorted and it puts everyone else under pressure!

when he was unsigned....yes :p

Exactly:LOL:

• 4 weeks later...
i'm a left handed drummer and fucking proud. :****)

people calling us cunts e.t.c, pretty pathetic.

If there are roadies and a decent turn-around time, no-one cares - it's when the entire sound/line check is taken up by rearranging the drumkit that it gets annoying... As Tom says though - it's nothing personal!

Doms drums are up for sale again...

This time with a reserve of £1000

dom.jpg

Bloody bargain!!

Details

Why would buy a drum kit formerly owned by anyone who treats his equpiment how Dom does?

I'm quite certain that very drum kit got quite fucked up on the Hullabaloo DVD.

Edited by Niles

Why would buy a drum kit formerly owned by anyone who treats his equpiment how Dom does?

I'm quite certain that very drum kit got quite fucked up on the Hullabaloo DVD.

he apparenty won it at birmingham drumfest!

Meh it's alright. I opened this thread to post pics of my starclassics but I dont have any. It's pretty criminal: I bought the kit 3 days ago and I haven't had tme to play it yet. Won't even get to tonight cos I'm working late.

Specs:

Starclassic B/B in Dark Stardust Fade w chrome hardware and new Starcasts.

12x7 hanging tom

14x12 floor

16x14 floor

13x6 snare

22x18 virgin kick (really hard to get, they're either 22x20 and virgin or 22x18 with a mount, not both).

The finish is stunning, so is the depth of the sound they produce. I've given them nothing but a quick 5 minute tune and they sound almost studio'd already (no doubt that's from the quality of construction, woods and the hoops).

I finish early tomorrow so that should be the day.

Meh it's alright. I opened this thread to post pics of my starclassics but I dont have any. It's pretty criminal: I bought the kit 3 days ago and I haven't had tme to play it yet. Won't even get to tonight cos I'm working late.

Specs:

Starclassic B/B in Dark Stardust Fade w chrome hardware and new Starcasts.

12x7 hanging tom

14x12 floor

16x14 floor

13x6 snare

22x18 virgin kick (really hard to get, they're either 22x20 and virgin or 22x18 with a mount, not both).

The finish is stunning, so is the depth of the sound they produce. I've given them nothing but a quick 5 minute tune and they sound almost studio'd already (no doubt that's from the quality of construction, woods and the hoops).

I finish early tomorrow so that should be the day.

Weeeeeee! :D