Reapers is AC/DC-ish but not the bland ripoff we were fearing.

It's kinda Queen with that rising guitar line, and that one snippet of harmonies. More like Queen's more straightforward rock numbers than the more theatrical singles.

The tiny bit of vocals in Defector we've heard sound just like what everyone refers to as the Queen influence.

Didn't really see anything in the Making Of to make me as excited as everyone seems to be. I mean, people are already calling it better than the songs we've heard?

And yeah, Reapers isn't as AC/DC as I feared, but it's still got enough of a classic rock vibe to it that I'm not quite getting into it.

Basically, what I thought the whole album was going to sound like.

Great work! Thanks!

So it sounds like the biggest knock is that the narrative isn't subtle. Can't say I'm surprised, hahaha

Thank you! More or less, yeah haha. Nobody should be surprised by that really. Especially given that last line in The Globalist... it's very "The Grinch" to me lol

Just read that Italian one, not much new, my translation was very poor. Said they would be in Italy in March, in Milan for about a week, the stage setup for the tour will allow them to get closer to the crowd. Chris says there are some similarities between The Globalist and Citizen Erased, in particularly the guitar.

Just read that Italian one, not much new, my translation was very poor. Said they would be in Italy in March, in Milan for about a week, the stage setup for the tour will allow them to get closer to the crowd. Chris says there are some similarities between The Globalist and Citizen Erased, in particularly the guitar.

Also said The Globalist is a 12 minute song...who to believe now?

EDIT: It also has no verse/chorus structure, so prog-rock totally confirmed now

Great work! Thanks!

So it sounds like the biggest knock is that the narrative isn't subtle. Can't say I'm surprised, hahaha

I'm kind of tired with all the "the narrative isn't subtle" "the topic is cliché/juvenile" stuff, honestly.

I feel like since it's supposed to be an uplifting story about human love and compassion, everyone feels like they have to put it down.

Thank you! More or less, yeah haha. Nobody should be surprised by that really. Especially given that last line in The Globalist... it's very "The Grinch" to me lol

Well, that is sort of a parallel metaphor, isn't it? :chuckle:

What Matt has talked about with the album concept vs The Globalist, and being the same story with a bad ending reminds me of old interviews where Matt talked about how he hadn't decided if he felt like humanity/society was worth saving or not.

That's been in his head a long time.