Where did you supposedly hear it? Care to share your thoughts?

There are some listening parties going on. There's a channel/network called Telehit from my country and they've been making this since a few years with other albums/artists. Though i wish i could wait till' June 8th because of the huge hype :D:D

How would you describe the songs in contrast to the article?

If you've heard Revolt, is Matt really autotuned?

LOL where did this autotune stuff came from? It's poppy but it's been created by human voice and musical skills, not by a computer hahaha.

There are some listening parties going on. There's a channel/network called Telehit from my country and they've been making this since a few years with other albums/artists. Though i wish i could wait till' June 8th because of the huge hype :D:D

LOL where did this autotune stuff came from? It's poppy but it's been created by human voice and musical skills, not by a computer hahaha.

The article says Matt's voice sounds treated and weird. Also really high pitch

What are your initial impressions of the album? Favorite song?

What are your initial impressions of the album? Favorite song?

As my favorite Muse song EVER is and is going to be Citizen Erased, i couldn't help to feel the connection between these 2 songs, so yeah, love The Globalist.

Only one I'm not really looking forward to now is Revolt, and that lyric snippet kind of dampened my excitement for Defector. The others still sound very promising to me.

Still kinda interested in Defector. Maybe not the colors thing but from what we've heard of it I can see it fitting well with Matt just going all "Don't tell me what to do". Fits the whole more major key setting.

Call me crazy, but I am actually kind of excited about Revolt. All of what we have heard from the album has sort of been in Muse's wheelhouse, so to speak.

I like it when Muse experiment, so I am most intrigued by Revolt and Drones right now.

Sounds like The Handler and The Globalist are going to be great though!

Not really. It's not like they let you leave the place with a copy.

I'm also pretty relieved this didn't turn out to be a "hard rock" album. I was actually not looking forward to that.

One more song related to AC/DC though. :noey:

Reapers is AC/DC-ish but not the bland ripoff we were fearing.

Not sure how the Queen comparison fits in with what we've heard of Defector.

It's kinda Queen with that rising guitar line, and that one snippet of harmonies. More like Queen's more straightforward rock numbers than the more theatrical singles.