The Globalist has been getting some good nods. I feel like the heavy part will just by a small fraction of the song, but I'm still rather interested as I have a shamless thing for the overblown epic tale type songs, and the only other legitimate attempt I can think of from the band is Exogenesis.

Also funny that the reviewer thinks the album is coldly impersonal, when the consensus here seems to be that the songs have been delivered with much more emotion than most things on the last couple Muse albums.

I honestly don't care anymore. After Mercy I sort of lowered my expectations. It seems Muse became another band and they plan on staying that way. There's nothing wrong with this, but as a die-hard fan I'm dissapointed.

Don't get me wrong, Mercy is pretty good it's just not what I was "promised" or what I expected.

I honestly don't care anymore. After Mercy I sort of lowered my expectations. It seems Muse became another band and they plan on staying that way. There's nothing wrong with this, but as a die-hard fan I'm dissapointed.

Don't get me wrong, Mercy is pretty good it's just not what I was "promised" or what I expected.

I feel that way since DI...and I was even quite excited for Mercy after that bootleg, but the final product kinda ruined it

get over yourself and have some fun damn

The Globalist has been getting some good nods. I feel like the heavy part will just by a small fraction of the song, but I'm still rather interested as I have a shameless thing for the overblown epic tale type songs, and the only other legitimate attempt I can think of from the band is Exogenesis.

Agreed on all this.

Promised what? They've said it's going to be more stripped back and that's what it is so far. I wouldn't judge a whole album on singles. I think everything's sounding pretty good anyway. Hope you like at least a few songs.

I don't understand all this crap about Muse breaking promises or whatever. They promised an album that was based around guitar, bass and drums and stripped back the theatrics. So far we know The Globalist is theatrical and from that review only one other song actually has strings on it (Think it was Aftermath), 2 out of 12 breaking the rule is hardly terrible.

Muse have never been a heavy metal band and never will be, in fact they have very few songs which actually constitute being really heavy by that definition. From what we've heard so far every song has prominently revolved around being a 3 piece with a few synth spirals in Mercy and a hardly audible organ in Psycho. It's cool if you don't like the songs but stop whinging that Muse "promised me this!" or "Matt said this what a liar!" fucking hell.

What they said was very little, but it's fair for people to have expectations and be disappointed when they aren't met.

Yeah but they really only have themselves to blame if the songs don't sound like they expected. I'm just as guilty of this, as I for some reason expected Dead Inside to be Take a Bow part 2.

Starting to get worried about the album.

Why, for a bad review?

A bad review is good news, most of the journalists are morons, dicks or even worse, have interests and write like they are neutrals.

So a bad review for the mainstream media means Muse are doing some things right.

Why, for a bad review?

A bad review is good news, most of the journalists are morons, dicks or even worse, have interests and write like they are neutrals.

So a bad review for the mainstream media means Muse are doing some things right.

I'm not concerned about whether they like it or think its good or not. I'm more concerned of the descriptions of the songs they gave. Definitely not what I was expecting.

I don't understand all this crap about Muse breaking promises or whatever. They promised an album that was based around guitar, bass and drums and stripped back the theatrics. So far we know The Globalist is theatrical and from that review only one other song actually has strings on it (Think it was Aftermath), 2 out of 12 breaking the rule is hardly terrible.

Muse have never been a heavy metal band and never will be, in fact they have very few songs which actually constitute being really heavy by that definition. From what we've heard so far every song has prominently revolved around being a 3 piece with a few synth spirals in Mercy and a hardly audible organ in Psycho. It's cool if you don't like the songs but stop whinging that Muse "promised me this!" or "Matt said this what a liar!" fucking hell.

Agreed with the fact that Muse were never a metal band. I'm a huge fan of metal (older and newer metal) and at IMO Stockholm is the closest they ever came to metal.

I do think people have a right to be disappointed in the record, if its not what they expected, but the few isolated posts of "I give up on this band" are crazy to me, seeing as though only 4 of the songs have actually been heard.

>being this entitled

Caveman_spongebobGvYTd.jpg