Cheers to both of you who posted the review.

Well, the reviews don't exactly inspire me with confidence so far. I guess they're only reviews though, and that one doesn't touch on The Handler or Defector. All in all, given everything we know, I'm expecting to at least like about half the album and love two or maybe three songs, which ain't too bad I suppose.

erupts into a tumescent speed-metal riff monster midway through

:awesome:

If I get a 60 on my exam I'm not happy.

This reminds me of the French article I translated. He said fans won't be disappointed but die hards will

Score inflation shouldn't also apply to reviews, where 5 is the average, and everything circles around that. The wording says more, and implies something a bit more negative.

Album is sounding like it'll be what I was expecting really. But I guess I'm ok with that.

At this time, we have to take everything with a pinch of salt. Otherwise our hopes on it will probably be a crazy rollercoaster the next two weeks

Same, same. I'm already in love with Dead Inside and on the edge of my seat for the studio version of Reapers, so I'm not going to write anything off until the physical copy is in my hands (or, well. on spotify, anyway.)

Pretty terribly written review imo. So little substantive criticism, but rather more snarkiness and little jabs at Matt as is typical of reviews of Muse ever since they started. This type of review just comes across as a college student trying to be edgy. The French review was a little better, although it's hard for me to judge that one since I don't speak French.

Absolution and BHaR both got pretty mixed reviews when they came out. Many, many negative ones.

Yeah, they're quite a polarising band so reviews should rarely be taken as gospel (unless you're familar with the reviewer and tend to agree with them I guess). Also, opinions and subjective etc. etc.

I think I would almost rather read someone's review of the album who hadn't had much exposure to Muse prior to listening to the album. Everyone familiar with the band has their own expectation of what this album should sound like. That is obviously going to impact any numerical rating. That's why scores don't really mean anything to me.

I do enjoy reading the descriptions of the songs though, because they seem to be a little more objective.

I think I would almost rather read someone's review of the album who hadn't had much exposure to Muse prior to listening to the album. Everyone familiar with the band has their own expectation of what this album should sound like. That is obviously going to impact any numerical rating. That's why scores don't really mean anything to me.

I do enjoy reading the descriptions of the songs though, because they seem to be a little more objective.

Agreed, I want more reviews just to get clearer descriptions of what the songs might sound like.

"Muse write... the same way Metallica write, i.e. just compiling bits of ‘music’ then sticking them together, except they’re more impressed with their fragments (though they’re simpler and duller and even more remarkably similar to each other than Metallica’s), so they make them go on longer and repeat them more times."

Stylus Magazine about Abso, and it's a fan favourite :LOL::LOL::LOL:. We have to be patient.