Has this been posted yet? (From a French magazine that's heard the album)

So I am french and I translated this:

Reapers With a little demonstration from his finger tapping skills it quickly turns into a RATM inspired riff. Whammy effects are all fused into the song. The only title that treats on war and with the litteral term "Killed by remote controls". The best song on the album according to the author of this article.

The Handler: Slow beating from the drums, really big guitar riff. The protagonist starts his rebellion. The song starts with a falsetto and is one of the most progressive rock songs of the album. In the center of the song, there is an Angus Young styled AC/DC riff. Is this a wink to their producer? If it is, it was certainly done by accident.

Zombie: The speach that JFK made about systems of oppression and tyranny. Talks about the CIA and world domination that Matt loves.

Defector: Very Queen-like. The chorus is very Queen. The hero starts setting himself free: "You cannot mind control me, you cannot control me". Lyrics are litterally colourful (Your blood is blue, your spirit green but your belly is yellow". Explicit but don't expect poetry.

Revolt: Revolt cry from the hero, in the form of a power ballad. "Our liberty is not a tax, controlled by crazy people and drones.". The most pop sounding piece of the album very similar to With or Without You from U2. His voice is treated and sounds weird, also very strident and brutally high pitched. Arguably has the most catchy chorus of the album.

Aftermath: A desolate wind blows in the distant, synths and violins start the song. THe guitar is a ballad reminiscent of Jimi Hendrix. "It's me and you against the world. We are free. THe States weaken and the walls are raised higher."

The Globalist: Whislted melody from an Ennio Morricone westerm. (Muse have used Ennio in the past on stage). Violins, Bolero and a long intro sounding like Pink Floyd. This evokes the spirit of a big bad man controlling all the drones, he's balanced bombs and has almost destroyed humanity. The track is very epic. The end "I just wanted to love..."

Drones: An a capella track with lots of super-imposed voices that give a spiritual sound. Matt resumes the entire album. The song finishes with "Amen".

I think it's every album since Absolution, or even OoS.

IDK I think up to and including BHAR it had a fairly similar vibe. I though the majority of songs on BHAR went together well anyway, TR and T2L not so much...

I still think that TR had some semblance of structure though.

Thanks SpideyMTL, I think it's safe to say I'm worried about Revolt now. Wonder what they mean by his voice being treated.

The way he says it it feels like he means its done unnaturally on purpose. Who knows for now. Not liking it.