It's my fault, I have the highest of expectations with this album, I don't know why, the instagram clips, Psycho, Mutt, the making of... I think I have created myself an album in my head this past months...

I shouldn't care about the reviews, better wait 3 weeks and listen the album myself.

Unusual for 1 review to come out of the blue. They're usually embargoed until a particular date a little closer to the album release or within the album release week.

Although tbh this review sounds like it was written by someone who simple doesn't like Muse, doesn't sound very impartial.

Unusual for 1 review to come out of the blue. They're usually embargoed until a particular date a little closer to the album release or within the album release week.

Although tbh this review sounds like it was written by someone who simple doesn't like Muse, doesn't sound very impartial.

2 reviews actually. They're both buried in this thread and I reposted them in the media board too for convenience.

reviews are never impartial, that's kind of the point.

seems to be the same that we already know, at least according to google translate

I haven't read it yet since I want something to look forward to in the morning but in the video Chris discusses the possibility of playing the album from start to finish again and says that certain songs from BHAR and OoS are prequels to basically what's coming on the record, and he mentioned PiB and CE as examples. He said he felt that this album was culminating for years/a long time coming.

http://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/spettacolo/muse-in-drones-c-e-il-futuro-che-ci-aspetta-la-tecnologia-ci-sta-sfuggendo-di-mano-_2111878-201502a.shtml

Chucked this latest interview into Google Translate:

Exit 9 June "Drones", the new Muse album that marks the return of the band's Matt Bellamy to three years from the controversial "The 2nd Law". "Drones" looks to the past in the sound, much more rock, and in its being a concept based on the conflict between human and artificial intelligence. "The drones are a metaphor for where the technological evolution is taking us - says Bellamy Tgcom24 -. We have to defend our humanity."

A complex, far more compact than the previous Zibaldone style of work, and for which the group is committed to the production of an old fox like Mutt Lange. One can give a shot at the rim and a barrel, having put his signature in the past of the cornerstones of mainstream rock, such as "Back in Black" of AC / DC, as well as on the great successes cut pià pop, from Shania Twain to Maroon 5. "Drones" is a direct, with guitars "ignorant" and drums in evidence and a concept certainly not unprecedented (think a masterpiece of prog rock 90s as "Operation: Mindcrime" Queensryche) but always of great interest and charm. So open in its implications to be had in this case a double final of completely opposite sign.

A concept all of Bellamy, who composed the entire album. "The inspiration came from reading 'Predators, The CIA's Drone War on Al Qaeda', a very interesting book on the use of drones in war - he explains -. I found it shocking. You see how Obama can have breakfast and just finished decide to kill someone so simple and clean as performed with the drones. And then there are the implications of artificial intelligence in the future: we have drones that can decide for themselves to kill a human without them programs to do this. To me this is a point of no return of the strange evolution of technology and its impact on our lives. "

"The concept of the album is derived from this - added the leader of the band -. I thought it was a perfect metaphor for what humanity has become, yet intersects with the story of a person who loses hope, becomes a kind of drone, free thought and a victim of brainwashing imposed by others. But then rebels rediscovering his humanity. This is the main story, the drones are a topic metaphorical ". "The underlying message - adds bassist Chris Wolstenholme - is that you have to find your own voice and not be afraid to use it. And for this we may rebel, even if it is a peaceful rebellion".

If the theme of the album was inspired by a book, its construction is also daughter of cinematic influences. In particular, it appears all the love for Bellamy to Stanley Kubrick. "Especially '2001 Space Odyssey' was a reference to the relationship that develops between humans and artificial intelligence - he explains -. Instead recited 'Drill Sergeant' is directly inspired by the outbursts of the sergeant 'Full Metal Jacket '. Unfortunately we could not take the original audio for rights issues and we had to re-record, but the reference is to ".

Compared to the last work "Drones" marks a caesura rather obvious phonetically. "And 'all started already at the time of the last tour - says the drummer Dominic Howard -. We were in Florence and we were discussing what would be the next steps to be done and we all agreed that we needed to get back to something more conceptual and rocking. 'The 2nd Law' was a work of the whole study, with songs born working on overlapping sound and experimentation. This time we started from music, from the three of us in a room playing and the sound came naturally heavier " . "In the two previous albums we self-produced and probably this thing we had a little 'led astray - adds Bellamy - passing more time to take care of the production to play. I like those two jobs, have allowed us to explore new territories but 'Drones' brought us back to the music "played". This is why we wanted an outside producer, we wanted to focus on the music, take back our tools and pull off than the sound of the record. Besides, since the theme of the album is a struggle between humanity and technology, with the latter viewed as 'evil', he had even more sense to realize the album in a more 'human'. "

The idea of ​​a concept in the old way could clash heavily with the increasingly fragmented where music is enjoyed today, between downloading and streaming, but Bellamy does not care. "Increasingly, the albums are just a collection of unrelated songs - says the singer -. So conceived are dying a formula and not a single case has returned to be central. But I think it still makes sense to put emphasis on achieving organic work : it if you have a strong concept and a relation between the various tracks. " If often the step from concept to rock opera is short, Bellamy does not see this possibility for "Drones". "I think it's too abstract for some steps to be represented as a rock opera - says -. In any case, in the summer concerts (July 18 will be at the Rock in Roma - Ed) will make only a few pieces, because the festival does not have the opportunity the right to represent a job like this, but most likely in the arena tour in autumn and run this program with a full stage set ... adequate. "

Err.. Another italian interview. Yes.

any italian speaker in the room? i'm spanish and lived in Rimini for 3 months but I can't transalate all this texts

http://www.spaziorock.it/intervista.php?&id=muse-matthew-bellamy-chris-wolstenholme-dominic-howard-2015

In un tweet Matt ha accennato ad un possibile inserimento di un sequel di "Citizen Erased" nel nuovo album. E' stato effettivamente fatto?

Chris: Non proprio. Matt aveva lanciato quest'anticipazione quando abbiamo cominciato a lavorare a "The Globalist", dicendo che il testo sarebbe stato il seguito di quello di "Citizen Erased". Non lo so, in realtà, c'è una grande differenza tra le due canzoni, è difficile legarle l'una all'altra. Ma certo, dal punto di vista del testo hanno tanti punti di incontro. In realtà, non vedo la nuova canzone come un seguito di "Citizen Erased", ma si può dire che tra le canzoni ci sia una sorta di relazione. E anche musicalmente, ci sono delle somiglianze, nel modo in cui sono arrangiate. "Citizen Erased" non ha un arrangiamento tradizionale, è una specie di "movimento". "The Globalist" è ancora più estrema, è una canzone di dodici minuti che non ha versi, che non ha un ritornello, che è più costituita da flussi, da movimenti appunto. Ci sono delle somiglianze, comunque, in particolare con le chitarre.

twelve minutes Globalist