Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Ok, what I meant is that it sounds like random sounds to me, as in unstructured and without a melody. I didn't mean that it actually is random as in without a purpose or musical structure. I hope that it's clear what I mean now.

Dunno, I can clearly hear a melody in the outro (similar to the Freedom outro)... Whether you like it or not is a whole different thing though, of course.

And I didn't mean that you needed a reason to dislike it, I just wanted to understand what you meant.

Yeah I get it, it's really hard to make myself clear because English isn't my first language and semantics are really important for things like this, so if I don't find exactly the right words it's like I say something else than what I really mean.

Listened to this a few more times today. I'm picking up more and more bits I love everytime.

The bit at 2.42 in this when Matt and Chris lock in together is absolutely mental :D.

That whole section just before the last couple of choruses is probably my favourite part along with the tapping whammy bits :happy: Reminds me of the Knights outro for some reason.

Listened to this a few more times today. I'm picking up more and more bits I love everytime.

The bit at 2.42 in this when Matt and Chris lock in together is absolutely mental :D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RoO4-ezNG4

That whole section just before the last couple of choruses is probably my favourite part along with the tapping whammy bits :happy: Reminds me of the Knights outro for some reason.

:yesey::love: It is so good.

I've listened to all three songs today again and I must say this is still my least favorite. it's all over the place ffs..

that shameless chord progression during the verses, that stupid classic rock riff with the drones shout pre-chorus.. don't even get me started on the chorus itself. and the wanky guitar solo.. there's absolutely nothing right with this song :LOL:

perhaps the only thing I like is the haunting falsetto during the outro.

I listened to the different versions of this again today, and I still don't know what I think of it.

Hopefully the album version clicks with me.

It certainly does sound like the different pieces don't mesh completely well, at least in the live versions.

I don't think I'm liking the distortion on the choruses, either. Wondering what it sounds like on the album.

I've just realized that the outro sounds a bit like the one in Pink Ego Box

Reminds me more of Ashamed tbh.

I'm trying not to overlisten and wait for the studio version, but so far it's my favourite song since BH&R.

I'm in the exact same situation, I think I've already overlistened and overhyped it though. I feel like the studio version will inevitably disappoint me no matter what :chuckle:

MK Ultra is in Dminor and Dead Inside's in CMinor tho? haha

He's referring to the chord progression (vi - IV - I - V) not the chords in a particular key. But still, MK Ultra's riff isn't just arpeggios on those chords since there's a lot of non-chord tones in it. I think that makes it a bit more interesting than that chord sequence in DI